Thursday, May 28, 2009

Dogs on Thursday......


Welcome to Dogs On Thursday at http://dogsonthursday.blogspot.com/

A post where dog lovers such as myself get together weekly to talk about their most precious little four legged friends. If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Dogs On Thursday web site.........


We have had an upsetting couple of days at our house. It's been raining on and off. Along with the rain has come thunder which is diffinately one of Charli's least favorite things. She has been pacing up and down the hall night and day either antisipating thunder or trying to survive through one of the thunder storms that rolls in. As a result Charli is very moody today. We are all suffering from lack of sleep. Yep, we have one crabby little schnauzer on our hands.
"Charli turn around. I want to get
your picture."
"No."
"Come on Charli. Please."
"No."
"I'm sorry your upset"
We hope all of you have had a good week......
Charli will get in a much better mood when I tell her our son Kurt is stopping over. Shh.... I can't tell her to soon or she will drive me crazy until he gets here. I think he must be her favorite person in the whole world :>) Kurt will definitely cheer little Charli up ♥
Happy Dogs On Thursday everyone!
With warmest regards,

17 comments:

Eileen said...

Poor Charli!
I can commiserate, I don't like thunder storms much myself.

She really is too cute!

I love your American dolls! Did you make them?

A Stitch In Thyme said...

awww Charli! My Sadie-mae is having a bit of a time with thunder as well. Not terribly but I assure her it's okay. I turn up the tv louder for her. My beloved late Boodles... oh my. He had to be medicated during storms or would be up in your face all night long panting. Very sad how terrified they get.

Deb said...

Poor little Charli....storms use to upset Jake...now when JD our blue heeler sounds the alarm that a storm is coming...he goes in gets in his house...he used to shake and be a basket case...I guess he has found a way to calm himself...If a storm is coming JD starts barking a different bark to warn us all

Blessings each day said...

There are some "all natural" products out there to calm upset puppies...could this help Charli? Tinka's fear is of riding in a car...she slobbers and pants like crazy and won't even take treats...yet she wants (or acts like it) to go with us.





Charli is just too pretty!

blessings,

marcy

Smilingsal said...

Our dogs always hated thunder. On the 4th of July, it was terrible for them.

Shellmo said...

Poor Sweet Charli! Please tell her the sun will come out soon! :-)
Marvin sends his best!

P.S. We are going to look at the Bernese puppies this Saturday, so please tell Charli she might have a new friend for Dogs on Thursday! :-)

mythoughtsmyvoice said...

The conversation you had is funny. And the picture sure shows how Charli is feeling :-) ADorable!

Mizpah
Li

Madeline's Album said...

We have had thunder storms and lot of rain here. My mother used to say when it thundered it was God just knocking down the pins with his bowling ball. Hope Charli gets over her fear of the thunder. Have a good evening.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Charlie is a hoot! Anita

Charli and me said...

Thanks to all of you who have left such lovely comments on my post :>)

Just a little something from Judy said...

Some of the stories you share about Charli, with his fears and his attitudes, reminds me of dealing with my grandchildren. My little granddaughter can develop an attitude just like Charlis. Since I do not have a dog, I always look forward to your Charli happenings.

Sue said...

One of my dogs is afraid of thunder, but so am I.

KarenHarveyCox said...

Oh little Charli is so smart to be afraid. My two dogs aren't afraid at all, and I so don't want them to be stuck by lightning. Charli is a smart little guy.
Karen

Channon said...

That's sweet. I'm glad Charli has such an understanding owner!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Poor Charli! I certainly understand. I don't like it either. Neither did my little Min Pin. She would nearly hyperventilate when it would storm.

A friend's terrier would seek cover during a storm. One time, my friend was loading her dish washer when the phone rang and went to get it. She came back and looked everywhere for her terrier, but he was nowhere to be found. She got really panicked and thought he might have escaped, but she couldn't find him outside either. Then she started retracing her steps, and she found him in the far back of her dishwasher behind the dirty dishes! She got her camera out fast! LOL! I have a copy of the photo.

Hope it stops that nasty thunder and that Charli (and you) get some rest.

XO,

Sheila :-)

xemefex said...

Hi,

It came to my attention that your blog is popular! Are you aware of this? Let me explain... as I was googleing around Your blog came up in the top 10 under the keyword Dogs. This is pretty good and you could be making a lot of money through your blog.

Check this out:

www.bloggingtothebank.com

Joy said...

Your Charlie looks so much like my libby. I can't believe it. Coloring, big ears and all.
What a sweetie. Libby hates thunder. She got in my husbands closet and over time dug a hole thru our carpet and carpet pad all the way to the concrete slab of the house.

Joy

Related Posts with Thumbnails