Monday, May 18, 2009

Where do I begin?.......


Where do I begin?........

First of all I would just like to say a great big THANK YOU to all of you for your kindness, prayers, and well wishes. Thank you so much for all of your comments and e-mails. It has meant so much to us. My hubby and I are feeling much better although we remain very tired. I was literally flat in bed from Tuesday evening until Saturday morning at which time I knew I was going to survive this nasty little virus of ours. From Saturday afternoon until this morning we have been running around like crazy celebrating and trying to catch up. I am so far behind on everything. It may take me a while to catch up here in blog land but I look forward to visiting with all of you and seeing what you have been up to. I have missed all of you so much!.......

Thanks again Rosanne, at http://fireflynights.wordpress.com/ , for wanting to include some of my dessert and tablescape pictures in your power point presentation program on tea. It made my day ♥

Thanks again Muse, at http://adivashammer.blogspot.com/ , for adding my Tea and friendship post to your Memorable Post Selection. I was touched beyond words ♥


Speaking of Tea and Friendship Tuesdays I will officially be back next week but I would like to leave you with the following quote:
" In hours of distress and misery, the eyes of every mortal turn to friendship; in the hours of gladness and conviviality, what is our want? It is friendship. When the heart overflows with gratitude, or any other sweet or scared sentiment, what is the word to which it would give utterance? A friend."
-Walter Savage Landor-

Sunday was such a lovely day for our family. Our grandson Ryan made his First Holy Communion ♥ We are so proud of him! The parish went all out to ensure that this day was a memorable and special day for everyone. After church we had a wonderful First Holy Communion party at Anne and Mike's. It was very touching for me to watch as our son, Ryan's Uncle Kurt, helped him read his cards and open his gifts. We have a great family and it was just an all around amazingly beautiful day for all of us ♥















Yesterday I was in the delivery room to witness the birth of our second great grandchild! Little Aaron Mitchell is 7 lbs 1oz and 20 inches long. He's absolutely beautiful! Mom is doing well. I'm so proud of her. There is nothing quite as touching as holding a precious little new born infant in your arms and especially when it's your very own great grandchild ♥ What a joyful moment that was!.......
Well, that's what I've been up to. As you can see we have had quite a week! Poor Charli has her little snoot in a snit because she has been left alone so much and when we have been home we were to sick to play with her at all. I have some major making up to do with her LOL.....
I am so grateful and blessed for everything God has given us ♥ I am especially grateful for all of you. Again, Thank you so much for being the wonderful friends you are. It's going to be fun to get back blogging again......
I'm off to check in with our granddaughter, grocery shop, take Charli out walking, weed, and buy flowers.
I hope all of you have a beautiful and blessed day!....
With warmest regards, Carol

23 comments:

Deb said...

Glad you are feeling better...congrats on the new baby...I'm sure Charli will forgive you...after she makes you suffer a bit...

Smilingsal said...

What an awesome thing to be able to be in the delivery room at this special time! I'm happy for you.

zetor said...

Congrats on your new addition to the family. Pleased you are feeling better.

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

It's good to hear you are feeling better and a great big CONGRATULATIONS coming your way on the birth of your newest family member. How very exciting!
Charli may be in a snit right now, but she'll forgive you. Be sure to give her an ear scratch and a belly rub from us :0).
Hugs!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

That's so neat about your new great grand! And I'm so happy you're better, Carol! Hope each day you'll get your strength back.

Love to you...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hello sweet Carol! I was worried about you...I attempted to leave several other comments but was unsuccessful. Glad to hear that you are on the mend. Give Charlie a hug. Anita

Just a little something from Judy said...

You are amazing! You are sick and flat on your back, and the next thing that happens is you are crazy busy with a full schedule. I am thankful you are both feeling better. Congratulations on your grandson's first communion and the birth of a new little grandson. So many blessings!!

Blessings each day said...

How great that you are back and have had wonderful things like a sweet new baby happening...Congratulations!! And even a First Holy Communion, so many blessings in our world!!

Pls give Charli a little hug and smooch.

blessings and joy,

marcy

Shellmo said...

So happy to hear you're feeling better! You have so many great things happening in your family - congrats on the new baby addition too! Give Charlie a big hug and smooch from Marvin!!

Madeline's Album said...

So glad you and your husband are feeling better. Congratulations on the new member of the family, and your grandson's First Holy Communion. Try not to over do get as much rest as you can. Have a great evening. Madeline

Judi said...

Carol
I'm so happy you sound like yourself...feeling all better..*hugs*. That wasn't nice.
Congratulations on the birth of your little one. How exciting that was. You had a communion as well. It has been a wonderful time. I'm so happy you got better in time for all of that!
Judi

Anne said...

I'm glad you and Dad are feeling better. We have had one busy week for sure!
Poor Charli, I hope she understands your time away from her. Hopefully a little stroll down the block will make her feel better. =) Take care!

Walking on Sunshine... said...

How exciting for you to be in the room for the birth! Wonderful! Glad you are feeling better!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

You are such a dear! Merci!! Anita

A Stitch In Thyme said...

I'm happy your feeling better. It sounds like other than feeling crappy you had some blessed events in your life to celebrate. Congrats to you!!

MyThoughtsMyVoice said...

With all the wonderful events and precious memories that has happened, it surely has helped make you feel better :-)

Glad you and the mister are felling a little better :-)

Walking on Sunshine... said...

I just read your comment on my blog and I am so sorry that you missed that moment with your mother. My heart goes out to you. There is pain in this world but we have someone who takes away our pain and fills us with His peace! I thought yesterday was going to be really bad but I had such peace all throughout the day, just knowing my father was in heaven and no longer suffering made me very happy. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations "Ouma" (Afrikaans for Granny) on the newborn. Love Michelle - South Africa

KarenHarveyCox said...

Hi Carol,
So glad to hear the you are feeling better. Congratulations on the new baby. I had a teatime adventure yesterday and thought of you. A new baby...nothing is more special.

Karen

The Muse said...

You are feeling better? YEAH
You have a new little one? DOUBLE YEAH!

And you were with them~? I think that is remarkable...The world has many blessings, and his love is clearly visible when a little one comes into our hearts!

HaPpY Birthday to the new bundle of joy....And to Charli...I ask, is she an Aunt?
LOL

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

It's so good to hear you are feeling better!

Congratulations on your new great grandbaby!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Dropping by to leave another little love note for you! Hope all is well...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Vee said...

Wow! Back in the delivery room again! That's wonderful. Congrats on the birth of your new great-grandbaby.

Related Posts with Thumbnails