Monday, June 22, 2009

Blue Monday


Welcome to Blue Monday, a post hosted by my friend Sally, at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/. This is a weekly post where some of us gals get together to post something blue. Thank you Sally for hosting this fun post! If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Blue Monday web site......



Yesterday at our house was so much fun! We had our annual Father's Day celebration. Here is a little centerpiece I picked up at Michael's. I thought it looked rather festive with it's Red, White, and Blue......
I always make my hubby's mother's potato salad for our family parties. This year I added some flags to the top. Thank you Judy http://justalittlesomethingforyou.blogspot.com/ for this fun idea......





Of course we had to have a cake which is my favorite part of any celebration. It's also Ryan and Aaydens. Don't you just love the shirt design on the top of the cake? I especially liked the blue stripped tie....




I served the food on blue plates, with blue napkins and silverware.......

My sneaky hubby picked up Ryan the day before Father's Day and they made water balloons. The morning of our party my hubby hid them in three different buckets out in the yard. When the time was right the fight began between father's and son's. Michael, Khory, Ryan, little Aayden, and even the unexpecting dad's had a ball!......
After the balloon fight was over the older boys lit smoke bombs which come in deep rich colors. Then the little ones pulled cords fastened to the ends of fireworks. When the cord is pulled, a little pop is heard, and an array of different colored streamers fly out. It was fun and the kids loved them. I picked them all up at the dollar store. We don't have sparklers or anything like that. I think they are to dangerous and especially since my cousin Sharon suffered third degree burns as a child from a sparkler........

More blue on the umbrella of my food preparation cart.......



And where was Charli while all of the festivities were going on? She was out in the yard being her silly little self....

Happy Blue Monday everyone!
I hope you have a lovely day.
With warmest regards, Carol

23 comments:

inspirações da Jô said...

My dear Carol,

How pleasant day in family!And family is the best thing of the world!

Pretty its celebration!

How you it has also one day adorable!

Kisses and hugs!!!!!!!!

Blessings each day said...

Looks like you had a great time and that LOTS of kudos go to you, Carol, for all the work you put into it!
Does the potatoe salad have anything unusual in it? It was such a nice festive touch to add the little flags.
TinkaBelle would go crazy trying to play with the water ballon fight people and the streamers might scare her...how does Charli do around excitement and noise?
blessings and hugs,

marcy

Madeline's Album said...

Wow!!! You really did have a great fathers day celebration. Love the decorations and the water balloon fight was a very interesting idea. Have a great Blue Monday. Madeline

Just a little something from Judy said...

All of your special touches, and the way you carry on the tradition of certain recipes from the past, and the way you decorate with many colors...it all creates lots of fun memories for your family. The water balloons idea is a really good one! Thanks for kindly mentioning me on your post. You and Charli seem to make every celebration a fun one.

Knitty said...

Sounds like a perfect day!

Gee said...

How nice to be with your family.
Happy Blue Monday.

Eileen said...

Such a fun family time! I love days like that!
I'm going to remember the balloon fight, if it ever gets warm enough and sunny enough here for one! That's such a great idea, especially as a surprise!

And, Carol, I am so happy to see that I am not the only one to use paper/plastic plates, cups, and utensils for big gatherings! Whew!

I loved your coordinating decor! I think we're a lot alike that way, to me that's the 'fun' part of putting together the party!

Great post!

Mary said...

It sounds like you had a great day. You have an eye for detail. I love your centerpiece. Have a wonderful day.

Anne said...

Oh we did have sooo much fun! I can't wait till next year! Happy Blue Monday!

Neabear said...

What a fun day!

Smilingsal said...

I'm surprised that Charli wasn't afraid with all of the noise and extra activity. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

Enchanted Rose Studio said...

Sounds like a fun and fabulous father's day celebration!

Thanks for sharing!

Tina

Tobi said...

That cake is great!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Carol! I've missed you so much. You always have something so fun and sweet to share with us. :-) Loved seeing your table and hearing all about the fun water balloon fight, etc. And that cake is as cute as can be! Glad Charli had fun, too.

Happy Blue Monday and love to you...

XO,

Sheila :-)

bj said...

What a lovely day you had. Nothing beats being with our families...
and good food, to boot!! Really cute cake...
xo bj

Shelia said...

HI Carol and little Charli! What a wonderful celebration you must have had!
The food looks spectacular.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Vee said...

Sure sounds as if your family knows how to party! Everything looks so wonderful and festive, Carol. You're just getting in some practicing for the 4th of July!

(That's awful about your cousin being burned by a sparkler. I always kind of liked them, but will have second thoughts now.)

Jerelene said...

What a beautiful and festive party you had!! I bet Charli didn't like the waterballoons!! I got burnt with sparklers when I was a child too. So many people are just so quick to hand them to their children without realizing how dangerous they are!!
Happy Blue Monday!!!! Blessings, Jerelene :)

Shellmo said...

Sounds like a wonderful father's day! Love the flags in the potato salad! The cake looks great! And the water balloon fight sounds fun!!

JG said...

On Saturday a Blue Jay landed on our deck and hopped around. I thought of your Blue Monday logo.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hello sweet Carol! Thank you for coming inside my home to see the French doors! Charli, that silly girl is welcome to come in too! Love, Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hello sweet Carol! Thank you for coming inside my home to see the French doors! Charli, that silly girl is welcome to come in too! Love, Anita

Sue said...

I want to come to one of your parties. They're always color coordinated and look like so much fun.

Related Posts with Thumbnails