Monday, June 29, 2009

Blue Monday.....


Welcome to Blue Monday, hosted by my friend Sally, at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/ A weekly post where some of us gals get together to share something blue. Thank you Sally for hosting this fun post! If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Blue Monday web site....

Here comes Charli. She doesn't miss a thing.She knows it's almost dinner time at our house.....



Although we have a patio, with a table, and umbrella we sometimes prefer to have dinner out in our yard on warm summer evenings. Something simple like pizza or a salad is always good. We get a lot of shade in the evenings from our fence and bushes so it is especially nice to sit out there. We like to light tea lights and sometimes our Coleman lantern when it gets dark. We also will have a fire in our fire pit if we decide to go way out back by our other four seat swing. We like to play a little music, listen to the birds, and enjoy our flowers. What about you? Do you enjoy eating outside in the summer? I always love hearing from you....

Happy Blue Monday everyone!......
I hope you are enjoying your day ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

15 comments:

Sandi@ My Yellow Door said...

Nice blues you've shared! I really like your quilt background! Happy Blue Monday.

Blessings,
Sandi

Shellmo said...

Your table looks so nice - the combo of red and blue together is so festive! I love simple summer dinners too - pizza and salad sound great! Sometimes the hubby & I will do sloppy joes and sit out on our deck looking at the lake.

P.S. I didnt see a chair set for Charli at the table? LOL! :-)

Rosezilla said...

Very pretty table you set! Enjoy. No, we don't enjoy eating outside in the summer because of extreme heat and humidity, bugs and afternoon thunderstorms. But in the winter, it is lovely out!

Eileen said...

I'm with you ~ I love eating outdoors in Summer (and in Spring and Fall too on nice/mild days!). We barbecue a lot in the summer, and I also love eating breakfast outside too! It's still shady on that side of the house in the mornings, so it usually feels cool enough without the sun being so high in the sky and it's peaceful, no noise of traffic yet or people stirring.

This was a very enjoyable post and I really like your table setting, so pretty, so summery!

Just a little something from Judy said...

Your table is beautiful! I like the blue lantern in the center of the table. I picture in my mind how it would look when the sun goes down and the candles are lit. This evening we are having dinner on the porch. It is one of my favorite places to eat, especially when the sun starts to set. I bet Charli would like it too.
Happy Blue Monday to you!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hello, Carol! That is such a pretty table, and I can just see you enjoying it. That lantern in the center is a great piece. Love it! And look at Charli... awwww. Love her, too.

To answer your question, it is so hot here right now, yuou could fry eggs on the sidewalk. We eat inside in the AC during the summer. We've had what I think of as unseasonably hot days lately. So I will live vicariously through you this summer! ;-)

Love to you and Happy Blue Monday!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Smilingsal said...

That is a pleasant way to share a meal. You are getting more and more patriotic as the 4th nears. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

Lynns Lovelies said...

Such pretty blues!! Happy Blue Monday to you and Charli~~she is precious!
Hugs,
Lynn

bj said...

Your table and setting is just beautiful. It's so hot here, we don't even try to eat outside. By this time every summer, we hug the air conditioner.
Enjoy your pretty evenings...

Madeline's Album said...

We do not eat outdoors when it is just my husband and I but when we have a family gathering during the summer we enjoy our meal out in the pool area. Have a great blue Monday. I really like your table setting.

Shelia said...

What a lovely setting, Carol! Your table looks wonderful and once again, little Charlie is stealing the post!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

printersdevil said...

This sounds like fun! Pretty table.

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Wonderful Blue Monday post! Your table is so pretty. Looks like the perfect place for supper.

Terry said...

Howdy
Happy Blue Monday to you !
Well I realize I may be a day late but been having computer troubles , I am bound and determined to get around and visit everyone even if it is a day late.
Your table is simply fabulous.
Have a wonderful week.
Happy Trails
Hugs

Neabear said...

We don't eat outside very often now. But when I was growing up, eating outside was a regular thing. I grew up with a swimming pool, so that made for a lot of eating outside times.

Related Posts with Thumbnails