Thursday, June 4, 2009

Booking Through Thursday........

Welcome to Booking Through Thursday, at http://btt2.wordpress.com/ A weekly post where book lovers such as myself get together to discuss literature and books. If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Booking Through Thursday web site........
Our question this week is from Shelly and is as follows:
"This can be a quick one. Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen books you've read that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than fifteen minutes".......
Oh dear, I think this is a very hard question. How can a book lover like myself limit all of the books I've read down to fifteen that have stuck with me? I guess I'll just name fifteen books that pop into my head. Here goes.....
'The Wind and The Willow'
'The Boxcar Children'
'Little Women'
'Team of Rivals, The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln'
'Corridor O'
'The Sunne in Splendor'
'The Speckled Monster, A Historical tale of Battling The Smallpox Epidemic'
'The Catcher In The Rye'
'The Great Gatsby'
'The European Dictatorships 1918-1945'
'One Hundred Years Of Solitude'
'Look Homeward Angel'
'The Great Influenza, The story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History'
'Into Thin Air'
'Water For Elephants'
Well there you have it.........
Happy Booking Through Thursday everyone!.......
I hope all of you have a beautiful day ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

16 comments:

sunshine said...

I love Little Women. One of my all time favorite books!
I've read a couple on your list. I'll have to check out some of the others. Looks like a couple of titles I'd enjoy.
((Hugs))
Laura

Shari said...

Looks like a good mix of fiction and non-fiction. Thanks for visiting mine.

Dot said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I can't believe that I forgot about Little Women, not sure what I would have swapped it for though!

Nise' said...

Got Little Women too. How could I forget Water for Elephants?

violetcrush said...

I tried reading 'One Hundred Years Of Solitude' once, but couldn't get into it. May be I'l try it again someday.

Eileen said...

Great list! I haven't read some of them and I'll have to get a few for the summer.
My list would have to include To Kill A Mockingbird.
Great post! Thanks for the information.

Rosezilla said...

Little Women has definitely always stuck with me, as well as Little Men. Just lately I discovered Eight Cousins and Rose in Bloom - loved those, too! (I guess you could say I'm an Alcott fan, lol). If you like epidemics (so to speak :) you might like The Hot Zone and Demon in the Freezer. Kinda gross, but very interesting, according to my sons.

Walking on Sunshine... said...

I do remember reading Little Women. I'm sure I've read more on your list but that was years ago in school! I loved Little Women and think I might go looking for it again for the summer!! Enjoy your day!

Blessings each day said...

Did you name all those books off the top of your head, Carol? I'm pretty stunned, even if you didn't! I, too, love to read books, but it would be a challenge to name so many...hmmm...maybe not, but it would take some time, for sure!

Are these favorites or just memorable ones? Wish your meme leader would have everyone chose their top ten and the reason for the choice...that would be so interesting!

blessings,

marcy

p.s. Can Charli pls pop up in a post soon...I miss seeing her!

blessings,

marcy

Jess said...

I read Water for Elephants for book club but it didn't make my list. Actually the only book club book to make the list was The Virgin of Small Plains by Nancy Pickard.

Kris said...

I haven't read any of the books on your list :( I started The Great Gatsby one time but got distracted with another book lol

heidenkind said...

I've read The Great Gatsby. That's a really good book.

PS--I love schnauzers! So cute. :)

Vicki said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I've always meant to read Little Women but haven't yet. Great list!

Ladybug said...

Great list, I have to read Little Women some day!

Enjoy your weekend!

Neabear said...

I saw this post yesterday and decided to participate and then forgot to tell I participated too. So I am telling you now. Heehee. I read The Boxcar Children so did my daughter. But I did not include it on my list. It was fun to participate this time.

Smilingsal said...

You have an interesting list.

Related Posts with Thumbnails