Thursday, June 25, 2009

Booking Through Thursday........


Welcome to Booking Through Thursday at http://btt2.wordpress.com/ A post where book lovers like my self get together weekly to have informal discussions related to literature and books. If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Booking Through Thursday web site......

This week our discussion is a follows:
"Browsing through my blog, I found a link to this post about the "Sorted Book Project" Go read it. I'll wait...
The idea is to take a few books and physically sort them in such a way that the titles make some kind of sense...something that I've never quite gotten around to doing and photographing, which fascinates me.
What title/combinations can you come up with? (Bonus points if you actually assemble the books and photograph them, like the original post.)"

My answer would have to be yes and no. I do have several collections of books like the 'Encyclopedia Britannica', 'The Great Books', and the Time Life series of art books that have been sorted and cataloged for me by the company. I also have a collection of medical and nursing books that on on the top two shelves of one of my book cases with titles like: 'Cultural Diversity In Health And Illness', 'Comprehensive Pediatric Nursing', 'Adult Development And Aging', and 'Nursing Theorist And Their Work' but they are not arranged in any particular order. The rest of my books are actually arranged according to size with larger books on the ends and smaller books in the middle. I have a general idea of where all of my books are so I really have had no need to organize them in any other way......
Happy Booking Through Thursday every one!.....
I hope you have a wonderful day ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

3 comments:

Eileen said...

This is actually quite interesting, and if you have the time it would be fun. I might do that for one of our game nights!
Nice post!
And I love your choice of songs!

CeeCee said...

I try to organize by genre. It doesn't always work.

Rosezilla said...

When we built our big bookcase recently, I did put the books on kind of according to category - children, history, religious, etc. But already it is getting jumbled. (I keep finding books tucked away that I forgot about, and having to add them).

Related Posts with Thumbnails