Thursday, June 4, 2009

Dogs on Thursday......

Welcome to Dogs On Thursday, at http://dogsonthursday.blogspot.com/ A post where dog lovers like myself get together weekly to talk about their most precious four legged friends. If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Dogs On Thursday web site..........

The flowers in our garden are just starting to bloom and we have been busy like many of you, weeding, planting, and pruning away. If you look closely at this first picture you can see Charli in one of her favorite places. She loves to be in the garden trampling down my flowers, chasing birds, rabbits, and squirrels. When she's not in the garden she's busy swiping my gardening gloves and trying to get me to chase her with her ball.......

As you can see we have a lot of work yet to do in our yard.......
Speaking of Charli, I haven't seen her in a while. I better go see what she has been up to......



"What are you doing Charli?"
"I'm playing dress up."
"Your playing dress up? Well, who are you supposed to be?"
"Don't you know Betsy Ross when you see her?"
"Charli are you being sassy?"
"No."
"Do you know who Betsy Ross was?"
"She made the American flag"
"How do you know that?"
"I looked it up."
"Very good. Your such a smart little pooch!"

If you would like to learn more about Betsy Ross and the American flag just click on the following link.
http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/



Happy Dogs On Thursday everyone.......
We hope you have a beautiful day ♥
With warmest regards,

24 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

LOL! I love Charli in her Betsy Ross dress, Carol! Not only is she stylish, but she's a reinactor to boot!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Anne said...

Charli looks so cute! I've never seen a dog that likes to play dress up, lol. She does good modeling to! Have a great day!

A Stitch In Thyme said...

My dog story for you today: Hubs and I were talking about our fence we will be putting in when ready. Either chain link or privacy. I pull toward chain so I can see the world go by but I like privacy to be and do what ever I feel at any time. Now in the talks we realize we are planting many beautiful flowers and I tell him we must train bugzy not pee on everything all the time. I know it can be done as i've done this with all my dogs. So we decide, hmmm, we can call the city and get bugzy a legitimate real life fire hydrant to pee on!! I will be calling my city to see if they have they want to dispose of. If not, then I'm going to try and locate a good chunk of telephone pole to put in the ground and then have a large birdhouse put on top of our pole. Bugzy will be in his hey day!!

Happy Dogs on Thursday my dear.

Aaydens Mommy said...

hahahah! she looks adorable!! I love her Betsy Ross dress...way too cute. <3

nikkicrumpet said...

Those pictures of Charli are killing me!!! She is so ADORABLE!!! Maybe not looking totally happy lol...but she is soooo cute! I think Crumpet just fell in love all over again!

Blessings each day said...

Didn't realize there should be a photo shoot of Charli because it's Thursday, puppy dog day!
It's good to get my Charli "fix"...our Jake was a real cute schnauzer, but Charli has such a silvery glow and he was a dark gray mix.

Is she always so good about getting dressed up and posing? Did you have to train her as a puppy?

blessings and hugs,

marcy

Channon said...

Darling! I love it! Do you make her outfits?

Marjie said...

Charli's such a good girl! We are glad Thor stays out of our garden, or we'd have no garden!

Paula said...

LOL! Oh Charli you just look so sweet and for a good cause! Your a great re-enactor!

Robin said...

Charli...YOU ARE ADORABLE! The BEST Besty Ross I've ever seen! (Rudy says..."Hubba-Hubba")

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I JUST LOVE CHARLI! What a great suit! Blessings, Anita

Shellmo said...

Charli looks so beautiful in her Betsy Ross dress! (Marvin says to say she looks Purrrrfect!) Love it! Very patriotic!!

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Charli looks very cute in the Betsy Ross outfit! The yard looks great also! Enjoy your day!

Madeline's Album said...

Charli is so adorable. I love her Betsy Ross outfit. Have a great day, Carol.

Eileen said...

This is too cute!
I love the little white eyelet dress and hat! Betsy Ross, just adorable!

I love your pictures of your garden/yard, very, very pretty! So manicured, just lovely.

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

HAHA! Fun pics!

Tina. said...

I think Charli is absolutely beautiful in her dress and already for any summer festivities that may be coming away. Enjoy your gardening!

Laura L. said...

I really love Charli's Betsy Ross look. That is too cute and made me laugh out loud. The patriotic look on the sidebar is great too. What a cutie.

Shirl said...

Hello and thank you so much for stopping by. I'm stil making my Blue Monday visits. This is my first to your blog and I love it. Your blue post is adorable and Charli is a very sweet dog!
Bless you, SHirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Shelia said...

Hi Carol! Your yard is looking so nice but little Charli is cracking me up! She's adorable in that little dress!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia:)

Tobi said...

I am seriously about to die from cuteness!!!

Tobi

Neabear said...

Definitely very cute! Where do you get the cute outfits? I am wondering like another commenter, if you made them. Adorable for sure!

Sue said...

That is the cutest little dress. Did you make it?

Will Charli join us on June 10 for our blue day? She can wear anything blue, just email me her picture and we'll post it with our other doggy friends.

The Muse said...

My puppies are simply loving Charli's stylish duds!
How cute is she? :) LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails