Thursday, June 25, 2009

Dogs on Thursday......

Welcome to Dogs On Thursday at http://dogsonthursday.blogspot.com/ A post where dog lovers like myself get together weekly to talk about our most precious little four legged friends. If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Dogs On Thursday web site....

Good morning everyone! We hope all of you are doing well and enjoying your summer. We have been incredibly busy here enjoying ourselves, which thank goodness is so much different than last year when my hubby was very sick, and in and out of the hospital.......
Charli especially is enjoying her summer! She has been taking little trips with us, attending family parties, going for bike rides, walks, and playing in the yard. Some of you have asked how Charli does with the excitement, extra activity, and noise when we have or attend our family parties. Surprisingly she loves it and always manages to get her tiny little self right in the thick of things. I guess it's because we have so many family celebrations that she just considers it all to be normal. She loves all of the extra attention she gets. That, plus the fact, that she usually is with Peeper who is her best doggy friend in the whole world. It's interesting because on Father's Day there were some popping noises here and it didn't even faze her. Yet, the boys down the street can let of a firecracker and she literally freaks out. She will run to hide in the bathroom or closet, shaking and crying......

Charli has adjusted well to her new form of transportation. Now I have difficulty getting her out of the cart! Here she is just back from one of our bike rides.......
I was at Michael's the other day and they were already putting the fall flowers and pumpkins out. I think we better all get out and enjoy summer while we can......
Happy Dogs On Thursday everyone!.....
With warmest regards,

15 comments:

Rosezilla said...

I can never decide if I want to get a dog or not... I think I'd like to be a "pet grandma" where I play with them and send 'em home! Your dog is cute... as for the holidays it is really kind of disorienting when they put out the next season's things so far in advance. I wish they wouldn't.

Tina. said...

Looks like fun! I was trying to talk hubby into getting a cart for ours, He pointed out we are hardly in shape for the rides we are taking and need to wait a while before adding extra weight. I hope he is not just tryingto put me off....

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Oh Charli looks so cute. I wish I could take my dog's out like this in the summer. Boston Terrier's don't do very well in the heat. Bugz can only stay out about 5 minutes tops in 90 heat before the shoestring drool begins. It's all he can do to potty in that time. Sadie-mae on the other hand seems very unaffected by it all. I thought about getting them a kiddie pool to play in but he hates getting his paws wet. It's still open for debate at this point.

Madeline's Album said...

Charli looks so cute in her little basket. It is way to early for pumpkins and fall decorations, summer has just started. Carol I am so glad this summer is a lot better for you and your husband. You and Charli have a great day. Madeline

Sue said...

Charli is so lucky to ride in style like that. My Lucy would have loved a cart to ride in.

I love to shop for Christmas fabrics and ribbon in July. It makes me feel cooler and makes me happy to think about making gifts for friends.

Eileen said...

Charli seriously is just the cutest thing in her little cart! I love it! That is so sweet!
She is so meticulously groomed all the time too. Do you do that yourself? I love how she's just so part of the family and gets in on all the action.

Please do not tell me that Michael's is already displaying Fall! We haven't even had summer here yet! This is the first sunny day in weeks and weeks! The pool water is still very cold! Ugh! Fall already. I can't take it!

Channon said...

My mother's Scottie rides with her too, but I'll have to inquire on how they do it...

I hate the way we rush through seasons for the sake of retailers!

Marjie said...

Thor freaks out at fireworks, too. I think their ears can't take the frequency or something.

Lucky Charli with the new means of transportation! Please don't tell me summer's over, because it only started Tuesday, at least weather wise!

Just a little something from Judy said...

I do not have any pets and I never really wish for any EXCEPT when I read all of your endearing Charli stories and some of the other bloggers share their fun stories...then I find myself thinking, maybe...just maybe. I love reading your stories because you put such thought and emotion into each one. I did not know that dogs are frightened by loud noises, except when they are with their best friends. That made me smile. Charli sure does get to ride in style, and he sure has stolen my heart.

Tobi said...

Oh my! My girls are so jealous of Charli's ride. They would love to feel the air blowing their big ears back!

Tobi

Blessings each day said...

Oh sweet, sweet Charli, so glad she does so well at family gatherings, but bless her little puppy heart when the firecrackers scare her. Bet she looks pretty pitiful? Will she let you comfort her?

So nice to hear that you are having a 'trauma' free summer with your hubby...those are the best kind.

Does Charli have a pool? TinkaBelle LOVES her pool and will jump in it before Michael even gets it filled after cleaning!

And how did Charli get her unusual name?



blessings and hugs,

marcy

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Geeeez, just when I thought I had seen the cutest pic of Charli...she is too beautiful! Give that little lass a hug and one big one for you sweet Carol! Anita

mythoughtsmyvoice said...

He sure looks like he wants to stay there all day :-) What a cute bike.I bet all heads turn when you take him for a ride 'round the neighborhood. Just too cute :-)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Fall flowers and pumpkins??? It's not even July yet. WOW!

Love Charli in her little cart, Carol. That is one cute little puppy dog. but something tells me you might already know that. ;-) Thanks for sharing. Love reading about Miss Charli...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Smilingsal said...

Well, now that's the cutest thing I've seen! No wonder Charli likes it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails