Sunday, June 14, 2009

Flag Day.......

FLAG DAY...........

All over the country in cities, small towns, and villages people in the United States are proudly flying they're flags in honor of Flag Day. I'm an American girl. I hope I never take for granted all of the blessings and freedoms that have been afforded to me living in our beautiful country.......
You're A Grand Old Flag
-George M. Cohan-
"Your a grand old flag
You're a high flying flag
And forever in peace may you wave
You're the emblem of
The land that I love.
The home of the free and the brave.
Ev'ry heart beats true
'neath the Red, White, and Blue
Where there's never a boast or brag.



Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
Keep your eye on the grand old flag.
Your a grand old flag,
Your a high flying flag
And forever in peace may you wave.
You're the emblem of
The land that I love.
The home of the free and the brave

Ev'ry heart beats true
'neath the Red, White, and Blue,
Where there's never a boast or a brag.
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
Keep you eye on the grand old flag"....
For more information on Flag Day please click on the following link....

9 comments:

Eileen said...

Beautiful!
My husband erected a flag pole years ago in front of our house and he proudly displays the American flag each and everyday.
Happy Flag Day!
I loved the pictures!

We have a public school across the street from us and each year on flag day they have a nice ceremony, and the children march around the area holding their American Flags, I wonder if they will do something in honor tomorrow or if it will be missed this year being Flag Day fell on a Sunday. I always enjoyed that and I'm glad in this anti-America frenzy that goes on they have kept up with that tradition.

Paula said...

Our flag is flying too. A nice post

Sandy said...

What a wonderfu post! Happy Flag Day!

Madeline's Album said...

What a wonderful post. My flag not only flies on flag day but every day of the year. Happy Flag Day. Have a great week. I loved all the pictures of homes with their flags and other decorations. Madeline

Happy @ Home said...

Lovely post. Our flag is flying today. I was singing along as I read your post. That's a catchy little tune.

The Muse said...

May your home be forever safe and protected under the watch of OLD GLORY :)

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Beautiful post!

Your yard below is gorgeous! ~hugs, Rhonda :)

Smilingsal said...

I totally forgot Flag Day! Thanks for remembering.

Neabear said...

Great post! I enjoyed seeing the words to You're a Grand Old Flag. We used to sing it when I was working in a special education classroom.

Related Posts with Thumbnails