Friday, June 26, 2009

A Mad Tea Party!.....


A Mad Tea Party!......

Have you heard the news? There is a Mad Tea Party going on right here in blog land. It is hosted by Vanessa, at A Fanciful Twist, http://afancifultwist.typepad.com/a_fanciful_twist/2009/05/a-party-a-party-a-mad-and-gloriously-enchanted-party-a-secret-revealed.html Thank you Vanessa for hosting such a lovely event!
That's right a Mad Tea Party! How much fun is that?....
I just happened upon this oh so enchanted blog today and all I kept thinking was,
"I'm late. I'm late for a very important date!" How can I possibly plan a tea party now? Oh how I wish I would have know about it sooner. I wanted so much to participate. You know how I just love tea parties. Yes, well it was much to late for me to plan a tea party. Dear me..... I was so disappointed.....



Then I started thinking "and a bright idea came into my head." Why not have a Mad what if Tea Party! Yes that would certainly do and it would be so much fun!
The very first thing I would do is send out invitations to all of my dear friends here in blog land. I do hope all of you will join me...

Then I said to my self wouldn't it be fun if the illustrious and oh so talented Johnny Depp would agree to be my guest of honor? Oh the joy! He would of course come to my party all dressed up in his Mad Hatter garb. Wouldn't all of you be totally surprised!....

Of course a party just wouldn't be
a party without hats. Come along now..... Oh you all look very stylish indeed!...








Presents!.... Everyone has to have presents!... I picked up some cute little note pads especially for you. I do hope you like them.....


















Cupcakes, cookies, and cake, oh my!.......I am also serving orange spice and cinnamon tea. Eat, sip tea, and enjoy yourselves. No need to worry here. You see it's all calorie free...












Do you like the centerpieces I picked out? I thought they were rather pretty and festive......



The tables cloths and napkins will all be done in a black and white checkerboard
pattern with white linen underneath.....









For a little touch of whimsy I've added colored chairs..........


I also picked up these darling pillows to put on the back of your chairs. Now there, does that feel comfortable? Shall we read a little bit of 'Alice's Adventures In Wonderland'?
"Twinkle, twinkle, little bat!
How I wonder what you're at!
Up above the world you fly
Like a tea-tray in the sky."

Well there you have it...
I hope you have enjoyed my little what if Mad Tea Party. If you would like to attend other Mad Tea Party gatherings just click on the above link.......
I hope all of you are having a truly wonderful weekend!......
Charli sends hugs and kisses to all of you ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

47 comments:

Chrisy said...

Lovely whimsical magic here! The little teaset is just exquisite! Please come on over for a visit to my party for games and giveaways!

Jerelene said...

How lovely!! I wanna come ;) I loved every single thing!! Your sweet post was like visiting a fairytale!! Have a Happy Weekend!! Love, Jerelene

Shellmo said...

THis was a lovely tea party!! Thank you for the pillow on my chair!! And the cake was delish!

sunshine said...

I LOVED your Mad Tea Party!! And since Johnny Depp is there (one of my favorite actors!) you can be sure I'm extra happy I dropped by.
Loved all the Alice in Wonderland tea sets! Beautiful!
((Hugs))
Laura

Eileen said...

What a sweet, oh-so-creative post! Alice In Wonderland is a favorite of mine and one of my daughter's was absolutely Alice Crazy (she still is!), and Alice was not one of the more popular Disney Themes back then so it wasn't easy to find all the wonderful things such as you've found.

Great job, right down to the beautiful, fun, and colorful flowers, chairs, and goodies to eat!

Madeline's Album said...

This was some treat. Johnny Depp being there made it just perfect. loved all the goodies and Alice in Wonderland decorations. Carol thank you for another great post. Have a blessed weekend. Madeline

Charmed Life said...

Too fun! Those are the most perfect flower arrangements too!

Happy Day!
Melissa

Saucy said...

You found some delightful things for your tea party and I would especially enjoy a slice of that wonky cake (if we dare cut into it... who wants to spoil something so fun?)

Molly said...

A what if party! How magical! I enjoyed myself ever so much!

Cre8Tiva said...

i'm here at last..loved your post and the images...i am enjoying the parties and dancing my day away...i am having my tea by the sea...with flowers in my hair...come join me...hugs, rebecca/cre8tiva

Jorgelina said...

Hi!
This lovely tea party!! How magical!
Hugs

TattingChic said...

Such yummy treats and Johnny Depp, too! Wow, you really hang out with all the fabulous mad hatters, don't you?

Deborah said...

Adorable! Love the little tea set. Do come for tea with me and Alice, although she's in quite a mood...**blows kisses** Deborah

Marina Capano said...

Just Beautiful post! such a cute things!
Happy Mad Tea Party!

xoxo

Mermaid Queen said...

Wjat a darling tea party! Martha

Nicole said...

What a BEAUTIFULLY MAD party! Great tea pots!

Renee said...

Well what a well put together tea party at the last minute.

Renee xoxo

KayEllen said...

A wonderful tea party celebration!!!

Clink-clink our tea cups to Vanessa!!!

Smiles,
kayellen

fairiemoon said...

Hey, I've got that very same Alice in Wonderland teapot. I wish I had the entire set. Maybe I should look for it!

A very Merry Unbirthday!
Erin :)

http://www.fairiemoon.typepad.com/

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

WOW! I have only learned about Vanessa tonight! SOOOO impressive. Your photos are also so wonderful Carol! What fun...Anita

Charli and me said...

What a fun event this has been. Thank you for all of your lovely comments on my post. For all of you with wordpress, for some reason I am having trouble leaving comments on your posts. I have read them all and I am just overwhelmed with the creativity you have put into them. I have truly enjoyed all of your parties :>)

Runako Designs by Dee said...

You had a lovely what if tea party, thanks for joining us, please do stop by my party before Monday, I'd love to have you in for tea.

MagicMarkingsArt said...

what wonderful wishes of fantastical pieces you've chosen for us to enjoy. so many things to love and to covet.

LaLa said...

The tea was lovely and so were the sweets. Thank you for inviting me over for such a fine treat!

Love LaLa

http://redwoodcoastcreativearts.typepad.com/

Stepping off the edge said...

What lovely magical what if! I love love love the cake! (just a nibble please?) How beautiful everything is. And Charlie is...adorable!
>:0)
Tracey

apparentlyjessy said...

What a charming collection of photos! I enjoyed my visit!

Jessy

TesoriTrovati said...

What a great party!
And your pooch is adorable (I had a black schnauzer once myself!)

I am having a giveaway on my blog http://treasures-found.blogspot.com. I hope you will come by and say hi!

Enjoy the day!
Erin

Lanimoz said...

*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:
*:*:*:Make and make-believe! Thought parties are the best!!*:*:*
:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*

HurricaneKassi said...

fashionably late, but very welcome. Oh I would be suprised Im sure, if mr depp were joining us. I love your decorations. Thanks for posting. -HurricaneKassi

KarenHarveyCox said...

Where did you find so many wonderful Alice in Wonderland eye candy. I love each image, and it paints the perfect Mad Hatter Tea.

Today was my daughter's High School graduation party. So, just like White Rabbit, I am late for this very important date to visit everyone's tea! I had a wonderful time visiting your blog.

Happy Mad Tea Party, Karen

Kat said...

I love all those Alice inspired teapots! But poor Johnny Depp, he looks so creepy...sigh...

mythoughtsmyvoice said...

I enjoyed it all. This is so much fun for a party. :-) The treats are so sweet and yummy, cute tea set, I would love to sit in the blue chair please :-)

I've seen the new released pictures of Alice in Wonderland and somehow at first it kinda freaks me out LoL Oh but t he panoramic views is such wonderful and so colorful. Well, what more can be expected by Tim Burton - he did the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory a little bit creepy but enjoyable.

Rose said...

Lovely pictures of your tea party!
Charli is adorable :)

Rose

Smilingsal said...

You had so much fun; I wish I could really be there.

Just a little something from Judy said...

Thanks for inviting me to you Mad Tea Party. Since I like all the things you picked out for the party, including the orange spice tea I would love to come. I know it will be lots of fun sitting and talking with everyone. Cute post!

Jen said...

What fabulous cupcakes! And I have that tea set over on my blog! I still have my tea party set up, so stop by for a quick sip of jasmine tea and almond & rose cupcakes :) See you soon!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your whimsical post! It sure has been fun!

Her Art Nest said...

Oh my goodness....great photos and yes, wouldn't it be a treat to have Johnny attend? Loved your fairytale! Hope you had a magical weekend. ~Nan

Michael said...

THE BEST blog party I have ever attended! Thanks!

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Oh what a great post ! Loved it.

Connie said...

what a lovely set of images! great party!

Robin said...

So sorry I'm late
For this very important date.
I'm still making my way down the list.
With too little time
I'm leaving this rhyme
For I'm adamant about wanting to persist.
Your "what if' tea party turned out great.
Hope your day has been beautiful.

fawndear said...

Sorry I'm late. I've just escaped from my own mad party.

I had an enchanting time sitting at your fine table and taking tea with you. Perfection, my dear, twas magic I encountered here. Especially the calorie free part. I was thinking I'd have to invest in some elastic banded pants after all of the visual feasts I've seen over the past couple of days.

BunnyKissd said...

I love that cake! ^-^ What a wonderfully mad party! I've had a lovely time! Thank you for having me! ^-^

Victorian Lady said...

Very cute! I love the tea set!

Perhaps you could bring it with you and join us for tea? We were all about to move down a spot for a new cup...

Mere

P.S. There is a silly video and giveaway too!

Sue said...

If Johnny Depp is coming, then so am I. It sounds like much fun.

Neabear said...

What a fun post!

Sometimes I have troubles leaving comments on wordpress blogs too. When that happens I usually need to okay the "cookies" for that blog in order to leave a comment. There is usually a logo of a red lock at the bottom of my screen which is my clue that I am not able to leave a comment and need to okay the "cookies" thingy.

Maybe that is the case for you too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails