Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Portuguese Holiday!......

June 10th is an official Portuguese Holiday!......

Last week our friend Sue, at http://theportuguesewaterblog.blogspot.com/ asked if all of us who participate in Dogs On Thursday would like to participate in wear something blue day on her blog. We could dress our dogs in anything blue. They could wear a ribbon, a scarf, a collar, really anything blue. Well, Charli and I were, of course, very excited to join the group.......

Today I learned we are celebrating a Portuguese holiday! How fun is that ♥ "The 'Day of Portugal' is a holiday celebrated every year on June 10th in every corner of the Portuguese-speaking world. It commemorates the death of the revered Portuguese poet, Luis Vaz de Camoes in 1580." Sue said since people and dogs celebrate Saint Patrick's Day all over the world she thought it would be fun to celebrate The 'Day of Portugal' by having all of our talented and beautiful dogs wear blue. Charli and I really love this idea and we can't wait to celebrate it again next year. Thank you Sue for hosting this fun event! If you would like to see more bloggy doggies celebrating this lovely holiday just click on the above link. All of our charming friends look just adorable all dressed up in they're blues!......
Charli is wearing a blue collar. It's trimmed in red, and has tiny white and red stars on it. I got the collar at Target, in the best deal section which is usually located in the front of the store, for one dollar if any one is interested.........

Charli and I would like to wish all of our Portuguese friends a truly beautiful and blessed 'Day of Portugal' holiday ♥
With warmest regards,

15 comments:

Blessings each day said...

I still have to ask (unless you answered on your Blog and oops I missed it in the comments...will check back on the comments this time). Charli always looks so darling and poses so well. Do you ever have any problems getting her to pose or dressing her? Does she like it? She always looks like a little doll.

blessing and hugs,
marcy

Kelly said...

Aunt Carol,

Thank you for all the wonderful comments on my blog of my pictures.

I love to sneak a peek at your blog every few days. Your blog fills me with emotion. My Mother just don't know what she is missing by not having the internet.

Thank you for making me feel connected to apart of my family so far away.....

I love you and Uncle Mike...take care
Kelly

Channon said...

You're always adorable, Charli. Gretchen and Sissy need to glam it up more often, dontcha' think?

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

What a great idea! Charli gives me tears in my eyes...she is so endearing and so are you precious. Anita

Eileen said...

Charli looks so adorable, as usual!

Well, Happy Portugal Day! And, today my Aunt just gave me a beautiful little rooster that she brought back home from her trip to Portugal!

Thanks for all your kind comments on my blog. I appreciate you sharing your stories too!

Just a little something from Judy said...

Charli is one good looking model! She brings joy into my day when I see her on your blog. You both make a great combo. Happy Portugal Day to both of you!!

inspirações da Jô said...

My dear Carol! How adorable the "Portuguese Holiday”! An excellent form of integration between the countries, and one forms well funny:showing its aninals!!!!Penalty that I do not have one!And the Charli was one cute!

A big kiss dear friend!!!!

Madeline's Album said...

Carol, another great post. Charli is as cute as can be. Have a great evening.

prof en retraite said...

Well...isn't Charli a cutie? I didn't know about Potugal Day. My sil is Portugese. I'm gonna check and see if he's participating! lol Have a great rest of the week!...Debbie

sunshine said...

Here Charli, here Charli!! Come on puppy..come here!
Shoot! Charli won't come to me. :(
That dog knows I'm a dognapper! LOL
Seriously, Charli is too cute! It's almost as if she's posing for us.

Thanks so much Carol for your kind words on my blog. I've really enjoyed getting to know you too. You are a very kind friend. :)
Love you,
Laura

Lisa said...

That was fun, learning about the holiday with help of Charli.

Smilingsal said...

I like that section at Target. Charli looks cute in her get-up.

I'm not finished; oh no, I just see light at the end of the tunnel. LOL

Shelia said...

Oh, I'm so glad to hear about this holiday! The things I learn in Blogland! Look at little Charli all dressed up for the occation!
I'd love to see her closet! ;)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Sue said...

Thank you for joining us, Charli. You helped make it a special day.

mythoughtsmyvoice said...

Charli is so adorable with his shirt! :-) What a fun fun way to celebrate. He really must be a nice companion :-)

Also 'bout the friendship post. I couldn't agree more. WE always relax when we're with friends so there really is no doubt it's a nice stress reliever :-)And I remember jumping ropes too! We don't have the fancy ones, just plain ropes and quite fun to play with :-)

Li

Related Posts with Thumbnails