Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tea and friendship Tuesday's..........

Welcome to Tea and friendship Tuesday's, hosted by Charli and Me. This is a fun post filled with recipes, teapots, teacups, photos, tablescapes, stories, poems, and interesting facts related to tea, friendship, or both. It's a place to share anything you would like with a friend! If you would like to join me, just pick up a button, write your post, and then leave a comment here so my friends and I can pop over for a visit. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy my post.......


Good morning every one. Come on in. I didn't have time to make the traditional ice tea or lemonade this morning but I think I found something to serve you that is equally as good. I used to walk right past Crystal Light in the grocery store until one day I was over at Anne's and she served me this delicious drink. Now I keep it stocked in my pantry for occasions such as this. Today I am serving Raspberry Lemonade but crystal light also comes in many other delicious flavors like Pink Lemonade, Strawberry-Orange-Banana, regular Lemonade, Raspberry Tea, and Peach tea to name a few. It's very easy to make. It comes in individual packages so all you have to do is open it up, add water, ice, and stir. Now how simple is that! It's approximately five calories per serving so you know what that means ladies. You can have that extra cookie without the guilt!.......

A FRIEND
A friend is like a flower,
a rose to be exact,
Or maybe like a brand new gate
that never comes unlatched.
A friend is like an owl
both beautiful and wise.
Or perhaps a friend is like a ghost,
whose spirit never dies.
A friend is like those blades of grass
you can never mow,
standing straight, tall, and proud
in a perfect little row.
A friend is like a heart that goes
strong until the end.
Where would we be in this world
if we didn't have a friend.
-Breena C. Park-
Happy Tea and Friendship Tuesday everyone!....
I hope you have a lovely day ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

17 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Good Morning, Carol! That is the sweetest poem. It always brightens my day to visit you, and I believe I'll help myself to a glass of that tasty tea!

Happy Tea and Friendship Tuesday! Hope it's as lovely as you are!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Walking on Sunshine... said...

What a beautiful poem! I absolutely adore Crystal Light!!! But I've been brewing my own iced tea lately and my son doesn't like it! He keeps asking for the "old" tea, which is the Crystal Light. May have to make some in a few days for him! Enjoy your Tuesday!!!

Blessings each day said...

So inviting...you're a great hostess, Carol...wish I really could sit and sip with you.
Michael does make a great lemonade from scratch though, but now you've inspired me to add some squeezed black rasperries from our bush...thx, never gave it a thought before your lovely post!

The poem is so nice too and is like icing on a cake to your post!

blessings always,

marcy

Shellmo said...

A glass of nice lemonade and good friendship certainly go together!
:-)

Rhondi said...

Hi Carol
Thank you for the "tea and friendship". If any of oyur readers would like to coma dn isit me I still have tea and lemon squares available. Thanks for coming to my porch party yesterday.
Hugs, Rhondi

sunshine said...

I love Crystal Light. I was so excited when they started selling those individual packets. I love to just pour it into my water bottle, shake and go. For someone that can't stand plain water,it's a wonderful thing. :)
Have a great day love.
((Hugs))
Laura

Eileen said...

Beautiful poem!
And the iced tea looks very inviting! I'm going to go out and get myself some Crystal Light today!
Great post!

Neabear said...

I drink some Crystal Light once in a while. I can't believe how many choices there are now!

Madeline's Album said...

What a lovely poem, Carol. I used to drink crystal light all the time, but for some reason I haven't in a while I'll have to go get me some of the individual packs. Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. You jogged my memory when you said you used to jump rope to that poem, I believe I did too. Have a wonderful Tea and Friendship Tuesday.

Deb said...

i love crystal light drinks...Wylers also makes good pink lemonade...

Rosezilla said...

Crystal Light, eh? I'll have to try it. I've been really thirsty for new things lately, but I have to be really careful about the sugar.

Just a little something from Judy said...

What a nice poem about true friends. It brightened my day. Thank you! As for Crystal Light, we dreink it often, and I agree with you, it is simple and delicous! Happy Tuesday Carol!!

Anne said...

I loved that friendship poem. And you know how much I just love Crystal Light...Peach Tea being my fav! =)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Lovely thoughts, Carol. Friends are indeed a treasure! Love, ANita

Pug1 said...

Happy Friendship Tuesday!! CHEERS! Michele

The Muse said...

Ah goodness me, nothing is more summer than lemonade...and my grandkids adore all the fruity flavors!

Of course, they ate bugs, not so long ago...LOL LOL

JG said...

What a cute poem!

Ah, Crystal Light - I like the individual servings that one can add to bottled water. A whole pitcher we do not finish, but on a hot day 16+ ounces tastes so good!

And, thank you for your kind words on my blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails