Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tea and friendship Tuesday's..........

Welcome to Tea and friendship Tuesday's hosted by Charli and Me. This is a fun post that can be filled with recipes, teapots, teacups. tablescapes, stories, poems, and interesting facts related to tea, friendship, or both. It's a post to share anything you would like with a friend! If you would like to join me, just pick up a button, write your post, and then leave a comment here so my friends and I can pop over for a visit. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy this post.......
Recently I found out some interesting facts about friendship......
Did you know that when women feel close to a friend their hormone levels of Progesterone increase, which in turn helps to alleviate stress and boost their mood. In addition improved physical health appears to be related to social contact and communication with others.
"Hormones and Behavior'
-Los Angeles Times and Ann Arbor News-
In another study, having a close friend, even more than having a close family tie, increases longevity in women. Women who have many friendships live 22% longer than those women with fewer friends. Women build friendships through memories, life experiences, children, jobs, and neighborhoods. Friendships decrease the likely hood or prolong disease processes like high blood pressure and coronary heart disease. Having a friend can increase your survival rate by 85%. The study also found that friends can sometimes be more understanding of current health issues than family members because while friends acknowledge each other's ailments they don't tend to swell on them. Having a friend is therapeutic because friends laugh together and laughing is good for every one's health.
-The Wall Street Journal-
Based on all of the above we have yet another reason to celebrate our wonderful bloggy friendships. Let's laugh and cherish one another! I consider each and everyone of you truly a blessing ♥

Speaking of friendships, I was visiting my friend Madeline, at http://madelinesalbum.blogspot.com/ last week and she had posted a poem that I remember jumping rope to as a young girl. How many of you can remember jumping rope with your girlfriends? It was the in the days before colored TV, cell phones, tex messages, and all of the video games young girls have available to them today. We didn't have fancy jump ropes like the ones that are pictured here. We often used a piece of old rope from a clothesline. I'm glad I grew up in the age of jump roping, Kick The Can, Hop Scotch, Hide-and-seek, Baseball, and bike riding......
Does anyone remember these?....
'Call for the doctor, call for the nurse,
And call for the lady with the alligator purse!
In came the doctor, in came the nurse,
And in came the lady with the alligator purse!
Out went the doctor, out went the nurse,
Out went the lady with the alligator purse!'......
'Cinderella dressed in yella
Went downstairs to kiss her fella
She made a mistake
And kissed a snake.
How many doctors will it take?'.......
'Sally had a baby and she named it Tiny Tim
She put it in the bathtub to see if it could swim.
He swam to the right,
And he swam to the left'......

One last note...... LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!!!.......
I hope all of you have a beautiful day!....
I'm so glad I found all of you. You light up my life ♥
Thank you for all of the lovely comments on my posts, for all of the smiles you have given me, and especially for being your warm, delightful, and charming selves......
With warmest regards, Carol

14 comments:

Madeline's Album said...

What a great post Carol. very informative. Thank you for mentioning my blog and for your visit and very nice comment. I do remember the rhymes you mentioned while jumping robe, playing kick the can. We knew how to have fun back then, no game boys or computer games like the kids have now. I still keep in touch with my best friend back then. I wish you a very nice day and want you to know I value your friendship. Madeline

sunshine said...

I remember that poem. I used to love to skip! I still do from time to time with my daughter.
I believe all that you wrote about friends. If it wasn't for my best friend Debbie, I don't know where I'd be. We don't live in each others pockets (because neither of us is like that) but we see each other at least once a week (e-mail everyday) and if we need one another then we're always there.
Great post!
((Hugs))

Eileen said...

YES! I remember that 'jumprope' poem! That brought to mind lots of nice memories!

And I agree one hundred percent that friendship does wonderful, positives things to our bodies, to our minds, and to our lives.
I know since I've met so many exceptional bloggers my outlook on life has improved immensely!
I thank you all!

Just a little something from Judy said...

I remember that jump rope poem but have not thought about it for many years. Oh, the memories that came back when I read it. And, I found it fascinating the facts you shared about friendship and how it helps your health and well being. How important the aspect of friendship is in our lives. Nice post my friend.

Anne said...

What a great post! I do remember all of those songs from jump roping as a kid. I also found fasinating that woman recover quicker from illnesses by 85% by having female friends. And yes of course the Red Wings...go Wings! Hope your having a fabulous day!

Blessings each day said...

Took me awhile to get here...it's been a pretty exciting day.

It's so easy to believe everything you wrote about friendships because you can truly feel your mood getting better and better from nice comments and sweet or funny thoughts.

As I was reading your jump rope songs, I was singing them in my head, just as they were done when I was in grade school. I remember how happy I was when I mastered double dutch jump rope! Thanks for the sweet memories...we need to teach these young 'whippernappers' to jump rope, don't we??

blessings and hugs,

marcy

Rebecca said...

You made my wonderful day by visiting my blog :) I, too, was chanting the jump rope poem! We also played jacks - especially on cold days, inside on the gymnasium stage while the more energetic kids played dodge ball on the gym floor...What great memories.

Shellmo said...

Friendship does have its many rewards - such a sweet post! And loved the memories you brought back - I loved my jump rope! Also loved my jumping jacks too! Now those were toys!!

Smilingsal said...

I learned a bunch about friendship today. Thanks. I never was very good at jump rope and don't remember that rhyme.

Do a post about chicken Roberto, please.

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Oh my, I do remember that poem that we use to jump rope to!! Does anyone even do that anymore? I spent so many summer nights jumping rope!!

Love the facts on friendship! Thanks for the beautiful words on my blog this morning. I have truly enjoyed this journey!!! Enjoy your day!

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Going back in time.. it's so much fun. I did this on my own blog tonight. Interesting how a group of women have so much in common all over the world. Too much fun if you ask me.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hello dearest! Trouble as always leaving long message...love always, Anita

KarenHarveyCox said...

Oh, I love this song. Perhaps that is why we love blogging so much...every time we visit a blogging friend our hormone levels escalate our joy. Thank you for sharing that information, I love it when something is defined for me.

Squeal, I jumped rope to that poem too!!! Oh, thank you for that, I just went sailing down memory lane and I was jumping rope with my best friend Linda Isby.

Have a glorious day. Thank you for the inspiration.

Karen

Neabear said...

I used to play jump rope. I also had a Chinese jump rope. Do you remember that one? Hide-n-seek, riding bikes, playing tag, roller skating are all things I remember doing when I was young.

Related Posts with Thumbnails