Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tea and friendship Tuesday's..........

Welcome to Tea and friendship Tuesday's, hosted by Charli and Me. This is a fun post that can be filled with recipes, teapots, teacups, tablescapes, stories, poems, and interesting facts related to tea, friendship, or both. It is a post to share anything you would like with a friend! If you would like to join me, just pick up a button, write your post, and then leave a comment here so my friends and I can pop over for a visit. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy this post......

Good morning everyone! I'm so glad you decided to stop by. I just pulled some muffins out of the oven. Would you care for some coffee or tea? How about some fresh fruit?........





Today I wanted to share a story with you about the crane. I found it in a little book of mine called 'Forever Friends.'
"It is said that of all the animals, the crane is the most loyal. In each flock of cranes, it is said that one is chosen as the most valued. That crane is designated the king.......
Each night, the king of the cranes sleeps surrounded by the remaining members of his flock. Those subject cranes stand watch all night by turning their bodies face outward. That way, they would be able to see any oncoming trouble at first glance.....
In times of need, genuine friends become the crane flock that protects their old friend in need while the friend in need becomes the crane king....
In Japanese Mythology the crane was believed to live 1,000 years. The Japanese culture has treasured the crane as a symbol of loyalty, honor, and peace. This majestic bird mates for life and is extremely loyal and devoted to it's mate. Japanese tradition holds that any person who folds 1,000 origami (folded paper) cranes before he or she weds will have a happy marriage. The folding of so many paper cranes would take time, patience and understanding-
all qualities vital for a happy marriage or a life long friendship."
-Forever Friends-
Happy Tea and friendship Tuesday everyone!.....
I hope all you have a wonderful day ♥
With warmest regards, Carol
"What's that? Oh, Charli says not to forget about her. How's this Charli?..... Charli and I wish all of you a beautiful day ♥"

9 comments:

Madeline's Album said...

Morning Carol. I love your table setting. The story of the crane was very informative. Thank you for your visit to my last two post.
Have a great Tea and Friendship Tuesday, friend. Madeline

Smilingsal said...

I wouldn't want to be king! I'd rather sleep in security. I'm glad you came by and took one award. Certainly, you qualify for both.

Eileen said...

I love roosters! I had a collection of them on my kitchen windowsill for years! Now I just keep a few favorites there.
The tablescape is beautiful!

And no wonder I see so many cranes in Japanese art and carved into furnishings. Very nice post, I enjoyed it.

Tobi said...

Gorgeous table scape - great story about the cranes. Happy T&FT!

Just a little something from Judy said...

Thank you for pulling hot muffins out of the oven for me. I would love to join you for tea, coffee and muffins. How gracious of you to invite each of us.

As for the Crane. I found that quite a fascinating story, and one I had never heard before. "Loyalty" is one of the true characteristics of friendship. Seems like the Cranes could teach us some valuable lessons. Hope you have a good day today.

Tammy518 said...

The food sounds delish, and I love your tablescape. The story of the crane is so neat.

I hope you and Charli will come visit Lucy and I for some tea on the front porch.

http://tammy518-mamaison.blogspot.com/2009/06/tea-and-friendship-tuesdays.html

Shellmo said...

I loved this story of the cranes (especially since I'm such a bird lover) - so glad you shared this! Give Charli a pat on the head for me!

Aayden and Aarons Mommy said...

your table looks lovely as always! <3 I hope you are doing well. Love ya.

Anne said...

What a wondeful little tale. Thanks for sharing that with us. I participated in your Tea and Friendship Tuesday. I hope your having a lovely day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails