Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tea and friendship Tuesday's..........


Welcome to Tea and friendship Tuesday's hosted by Charli and Me. This is a fun post that can be filled with recipes, teapots, teacups, tablescapes, stories, poems, quotes, and interesting facts related to tea, friendship, or both. It is a post to share anything you would like with a friend! If you would like to join me, just pick up a button, write your post, and then leave a comment here so my friends and I can pop over for a visit. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy my post........

"There is no wilderness like life without friends; friendship multiplies blessings and minimizes misfortunes; it is a remedy against adversity and it soothes the soul."
-Baltasar-

Good morning everyone! I hope all of you have had a wonderful week. Today I'd like to share several awards with you that I have recieved from two of my very dear friends here in Blogland......
The first award comes from my sweet and lovely freind Sally at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/ Sally and I have been blogging together for approximately a year now. Some of you may already know her. She is the host of Blue Monday. She is a wonderful gal! Sally offered this beautiful friendship award to all of us who follow her blog. I would in turn like to do the same. Please except this lovely award from me in the spirit of friendship. I hope all of us will remain bloggy friend "Sister's for Life." Thank you Sally for this darling award.....

This second award comes to me from my wonderful and sweet new friend Eileen at http://www.ummasworld.com/ Eileen has the most beautiful blog all about family, friends, and all of the things most important to her in life. I hope you will stop by to see her. She is a truly lovely gal! Thank you so much Eileen for thinking of me......
Now this award comes with some rules:
1. Say thanks to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share ten honest things about yourself.
3. Present this award to seven other bloggy friends.
4. Tell the people you have chosen them and ask them to provide a link back to you.

Well, here goes......
1. My life was forever changed the day my paternal grandmother died. I was eleven years old.
2. At one point in my life I wanted to be a nun. That was, of course, before I discovered boys :>)
3. I haven't had many great expectations in life, and I live simply, so the least little pleasure or thing that comes my way has always brought me great and profound joy.
4. I am really just a big kid at heart.
5. I have always been a home body. No matter where I go, or what I do, home will always be and forever remain where my heart is.
6. I was a very impulsive, and I guess you could say, some what of a bad child much to the dismay and exasperation of my parents.
7. I cannot cook or bake without making a mess. (I'm talking BIG mess here.)
8. It really goes without saying that I love my family more than anything else in this world.
9. Sometimes my hubby calls me Lucy because of what he calls my Lucy type antics.
10. I have several little pet peeves that just drive me insane.
Well there you have it. I have listed ten honest things about myself. Now I'm supposed to bestow this award on seven other bloggy friends, but being the rebel I am, I would like to offer this award to all of you who follow Tea and friendship Tuesdays instead. I hope you will want to participate. I think it's a great way to get to know one another a little better!
Happy Tea and friendship Tuesday everyone!.....
I hope all of you have a beautiful day!......
With warmest regards, Carol

16 comments:

Walking on Sunshine... said...

A nun, really? Great list, sad about your grandfather. Congrats on your awards!

Madeline's Album said...

Carol, Congratulations on your awards. You are a great hostess for Tea and Friendship Tuesday. I always check your blog everyday, you always have something exciting or meaningful to say. Have a great Tea and Friendship Tuesday. Madeline

Eileen said...

Thanks for the list! Thanks for sharing!

I can't believe how much so many of us are alike when I read these lists! I wanted to be a nun too when I was little, up until my early teen years!
And I'm a homebody too, I've done a few posts on that exact subject. And I make a BIG MESS when baking and cooking too! I make such a mess that my husband says he wants to do only take-out from now on! I was so happy to read your list, thanks so much for sharing your honesty with us!

Love your blog!

sunshine said...

My oldest son wanted to be a Priest when he was little. ("a drunken one" he used to say). LOL

Loved your list! Thanks for sharing. :)
((Hugs))
Laura

Blessings each day said...

This is too funny as I wanted to be a nun too until eighth grade.
Loved learning new things about you. Sure wish there was a way to eliminate all the messy part of baking and cooking, but I try to clean as I cook or bake and that helps.

blessings and hugs,

marcy

Shellmo said...

Congratulations on your awards! I can't imagine you being a bad child! LOL on your baking mess (I'm guilty of this too!!)

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Love your list!! Wonderful post!!

Jerelene said...

Congratulations on your award!!
I love your list..especially that you make a mess when you cook..I bet you are a GOOD cook though!!:)
We sure are a bunch of homebodies aren't we? That's good though..plenty of time to blog and make new bloggy friends :)
Love, Jerelene

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Carol,
Thanks for dropping by my blog and for your nice comments. They were very appreciated. Enjoyed your blog as well. Congratulations on your awards as well. How neat!!
Have a good day hon,
Blessings, Nellie

the voice of melody said...

Congralations on your awards. :)

Smilingsal said...

You mean like, "Lucy... you got some 'splainen' to do."

ceekay said...

You have the cutest pictures on your side bar for the 4th! Congrats on all your awards! Hope your summer is going good!

Just a little something from Judy said...

I find it so fascinating to read that list. Sometimes it is good to have to stop and think when asked to list ten things. At age 11 I can't imagine how heartbroken you must have been to lose a grandparent. I'm sorry you had to go through that loss. Congratulations on your awards. In my book, you deserve them all.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Congrats Carol! It is hard to believe you were a handful as a child! I loved reading those traits about you and oh how I love tea time. What is your favorite type? At the moment, Chocolate Hazelnut from Stash is my favorite, ICED with milk! Give Charli a hug! Anita

inspirações da Jô said...

Dear Carol,

Pretty and true the phrase of Baltasar! The friendship is one of the things best of the life of the people, therefore the friend always is to its side to be its friend, wants either in the glad hours, wants is in the sad hours!

Hug fort in the friend who admires you of heart!

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Great list,great post !

Related Posts with Thumbnails