Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tea and friendship Tuesday's..........


Welcome to Tea and friendship Tuesday's hosted by Charli and Me. A fun post that can be filled with recipes, teapots, teacups, tablescapes, stories, poems, quotes, and interesting facts related to tea, friendship, or both. A post to share anything you would like with a friend! If you would like to join me, just grab a button, write a post, and then leave a comment here so my friends and I can pop over for a visit. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy my post......












Good morning everyone. I'm so glad you decided to stop by. Would you like to see where we have been spending most of our time? We have been out in our yard where everyday a new flower seems to bloom........


I especially love my Lillie's. My hubby laughs because I get so excited when a new one
blooms. Charli loves to
sniff them. She sort of pokes them with her little snoot....


Today I'm serving espresso and biscotti. I sorry I didn't have time to bake but I have a wonderful bakery in my area that makes the most delicious biscotti I've ever tasted. The espresso is dark and rich in flavor. Can you smell the wonderful aroma? Biscotti is just wonderful dipped in espresso. If you don't like your espresso black we can have espresso con panne, which is an espresso served with a small dollop of whipped cream. Which do you prefer?......









"I shot an arrow into the air,
It fell to the earth, I know now where;
For so swiftly it flew, the sight
Could not follow it in it's flight.
I breathed a song into the air,
It fell to earth, I know not where;
For, who has sight so keen and strong
That it can follow the flight of song?
Long, long afterward, in an oak
I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end.
I found again in the heart of a friend."
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow-
Happy Tea and friendship Tuesday everyone!...
Charli and I hope all of you have a wonderful day ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

21 comments:

Eileen said...

I'll have mine with whipped cream, thank you very much! And I love biscotti!
I also love your very pretty table setting, it looks so elegant sitting on the doily.
I hope you don't mind but I steal a lot of your tablescape ideas!

And your flowers look beautiful! Will we be enjoying our expresso out there?

Nice post!

KarenHarveyCox said...

I could really really use a cup of that expresso this morning. We have had so much rain that it makes for sleepy mornings and lazy days. Your flowers are lovely.

Happy Tea and friendship tuesday.

Karen

Just a little something from Judy said...

Reasons "why" I enjoy visiting your blog;
Your choice of music and the memories that it brings back to me.
Your beautiful photography of food and flowers.
Your glitter graphics on your side bar.
Your ability to write, and the poems you share.
And last, but not least...your precious little Charli.

Madeline's Album said...

Carol, I'll take my expresso with a little whip cream and a biscotti.
Your flowers are so beautiful. Have a great Tea and Friendship Tuesday. Madeline

Blessings each day said...

And I'll take my sweetened whipped cream with a drop of expresso and lots of yummy biscotti, please!

I get excited about every bloom on all my flowers Carol, so I totally understand! wish we could get a picture of little Charli sniffing one.

blessings and hugs,

marcy

Jerelene said...

Hi Carol!
Stop by my page I have something for you!! I could go for a tea party right now...wish I was there :) Jerelene

Smilingsal said...

I'm sure your husband is delighted with your ability to enjoy your garden while you have a snack togeher.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Thank you sooo much my dearest and to the lovable Charli! I'll be back soon, Anita

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Carol... I loved visiting with you today! Thanks for the biscotti, the coffee, the flowers, and the poem! I'm still dealing with workmen, and I'm not sure when I will get back to my regular blogging schedule. But I wanted to be sure and drop by to see you and say, "Hello"!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Eileen said...

Carol, another you-know-what at my blog for you.
You know the discussions we've been having.
No hard feelings if you want to skip it. Promise!
Just want you to know how much I really enjoy your blog! And your comments too! Thanks so much!

Michael said...

I personally like my biscotti with Vin Santo ... but yours sounds delicious too! God Bless.

Liberty said...

MMMMM....yummy biscotti, and the tea is wonderful! What a sweet blog you have! Thank you for stopping by America the Beautiful and leaving a comment. Have a wonderful 4th!

Blessings,
Linda

printersdevil said...

You have a wonderful blog. I will be back often!

Thank you for stopping by to visit me at Playing Dishes.

If you love Christmas and the holidays, visit my holiday blog and sign up for the weekly Christmas in July giveaways. This week is a silly elf costume for the car. The deadline for the first signup is Wednesday, July 1 at midnight. Since I just got this blog up and going again, there may not be much competition for the first giveaway.

Other week's items will be listed on the blog beginning July 2.
Come visit.
http://printersdevil72.blogspot.com

shari said...

Love Biscotti - and a latte please
great post!
I love better a biscotti and a latte with girlfriend munching and sipping on the same!
Although a full time working mom - I need to take more time with my friends and spend an hour sipping and chatting! Friendship with coffee is a great gift!

mythoughtsmyvoice said...

Mmmmm coffee with biscotti (yeah, definite have to try one) outside the garden. I think my day will be perfect with just that :-)

Love the poem. See, arrows aren't just for Cupids :-)

Someday I hope I can . . . I will join you in this post. Cause it's so warming to the heart - friendship :-)

Vee said...

Espresso con panne, please! Thank you. It's always a joy to see what you are up to here. I've so much catching up to do.

Paula said...

I just loved the poem...brought back old memories of grade school

Shellmo said...

I will take mine w/ whipped cream too - thank you! And Biscotti is one of my favorite cookies - I always loved the hard crunchy type cookies. Enjoyed the poem today too! Is Charli ready for the 4th? Any new outfits? :-) Scout says to say Happy Woof of July!

inspirações da Jô said...

Dear Carol,

How prettier flowers! And this coffee, who gives if I could take with you dear friend!

Great kiss!

Tammy518 said...

Oh, yummy! I'll have my espresso with whipped cream, please!

Hope you have a great 4th of July!

JG said...

What beautiful flowers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails