Monday, June 8, 2009

Blue Monday.....

Welcome to Blue Monday, hosted by my friend Sally, at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/ A post where a group of us get together weekly to share something blue. Thank you Sally for hosting this fun post! If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Blue Monday web site.......


Wouldn't it be fun to live in the Victorian age even if it was just for one day? Sigh..... We could dress in beautiful clothes and wear lovely hats like these. With blue being our favorite color and all I'm sure we would probably pick a blue hat of some kind. Aren't these hats pretty? Perhaps we could meet at a hotel and sip tea in the lobby. I've always wanted a beautiful hat like one of these. I found a web site where you can purchase one.........
http://www.artisticattic.biz/elegant_victorian_hats.html



If only I had some where to wear it..... Sigh....
Happy Blue Monday every one!..
With warmest regards,
Carol

14 comments:

Smilingsal said...

That's the key, Carol, to have somewhere to wear it! Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

Eileen said...

I love your choice for Blue Monday! Those hats are so pretty. Thanks for posting the site, I'm going to visit and maybe even purchase one.
I was collecting vintage hats for awhile to display in my bedroom. I've been trying to get away from collections and trying to 'de-clutter' my house, but I think I might give way to temptation now!

I would LOVE if people still dressed up, I remember when my Mom would go to meet her girlfriends every once in awhile, hat, gloves, matching shoes and bag! And for church the same, but a more tailored suit and a hat with a little veil! (Sigh). I loved it.

Maybe we could start a new trend?

zetor said...

I love the deep blue hat it is gorgeous!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Beautiful blue hats! I love hats!

Shelia said...

Hi Carol! Love those pretty blue hats!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Madeline's Album said...

Love the hats Carol. I hope you have a beautiful and happy blue Monday.

sunshine said...

Those hats really are lovely.
Yes! I do wish we could go back to those times. If only for a day even.
((Hugs))
Laura

Blessings each day said...

Does this mean that we will soon see a lovely picture of both you and Charli in blue hats? That would be completely wonderful!!

blessings,

marcy

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Would love to meet you and have tea in a pretty blue hat! Enjoy your day!

inspirações da Jô said...

My dear friend Carol! How are you? Your blog is pretty, wonderful! Thank you for the words candies that blog leaves in mine! It knows that I never forgot it! You she is one of my great friendships of this virtual world here, of the heart!Beautiful post!!!!I loved the hats!!!!

Happy blue night with much love!

Just a little something from Judy said...

Carol, I have a great idea. I just came from the grocery store, a gorgeous new grocery store in our county. They would love to have you come shopping with one of those beautiful blue hats. You would give lots of people something to talk about at the dinner table, and something to smile about as they remember you throughout their weeks. Just an idea!! Happy Monday!

Shellmo said...

That would be a fun hat to wear! Surely theres a tea party somewhere....

Neabear said...

It would be fun to dress up for a tea party! Love the pretty blues there.

Rebecca said...

I like those hats! Just wear 'em! You don't know how many women might follow suit! I didn't know there was such a group - Blue Monday.... I posted "Am I Blue" yesterday because I'd picked up some blue ware I'd picked up over the weekend at a garage sale! How lovely to find a fellowship of blue here. I've never figured out the linky thing, so may not be an official part, but at my house it's blue pretty much of the time :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails