Monday, July 20, 2009

Blue Monday.....


Welcome to Blue Monday, hosted by my lovely friend Sally, at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/ This is a weekly post where some of us blogger's get together to share something blue. Thank you Sally for hosting this fun event! If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Blue Monday web site......

Good morning everyone and happy Blue Monday to all of you! Charli and I have missed all of
you ♥ I did have an opportunity throughout
the week to take a peek at some of your
blogs. It was really very difficult for me to stay
away. However, Charli, my hubby, and I have had just
the most wonderful time out and about
visiting with family and friends. We needed this special time together and especially after last year....
Thank you so much for all of your lovely comments and e-mails. It has meant so much to me.....

Welcome to our new followers! I look
forward to getting to know you. Thank
you so much for wanting to follow along
with Charli and me....

Some of you may have noticed the new button on my side bar. One of the things I did with my time away was re-organize my blog. I have added an attachment so that all of my friends are more readily assessable. I hope all of you will take the time to visit with them. They are only a click away. I truly have some of the most amazing, talented, caring, and creative bloggy friends here in blogland.....

As some of you already know last week President Obama visited Macomb County Community College right here in Michigan.
I don't think it matters what your political affiliation is can you just imagine the excitement of sitting on your deck and
watching Air Force One practically land in
your back yard! I mean how often does that happen? Well that's exactly what happened over at our son Kurt's house.....
With all of the blue from the water, the sky,
and on the plane I thought it would make a great
Blue Monday post.....
Kurt and Rhonda live right on the river
directly across from Selfridge Air force Base and there is always something fun and exciting going on over there between the happenings on the base and the multitude of boats that frequent the river. In the first picture you can see the national guard on North River road. For security reasons the entire road was blocked off to any on coming traffic......


In this next picture the secret service watch from the road as Air Force One lands on an alternative landing strip.


















This last picture shows the president's limo as it proceeds down North River Road. Now was that amazing or what!....
I hope all of you have a blessed and lovely day!....
With warmest regards, Carol
Charli and Me

25 comments:

Blessings each day said...

A warm welcome back, Carol, you were missed, but it was so nice to see a comment from you!

Now I need to take time to re-enjoy your side bar goodies!

Is it just me or the camera that took the American flag backwards on the plane or is it actually backwards on the president's plane? That would be too sad!

blessings and lots of welcome back hugs,

marcy

Charli and me said...

Marcy, I never noticed before but I think you are right about the flag. It does look backwards. I wonder why it is that way?

Madeline's Album said...

Welcome back, Carol, glad you enjoyed your time with husband, relatives and friends. I too was wondering about the flag on the plan, something to look into. Have a great Monday. All your pictures are great.

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Welcome Back! What an exciting thing to see the President's plane and all. Going to check out your new sidebar! Enjoy your day!

Vee said...

It's a pretty plane all right! I can imagine all the excitement.

Yay that you are back, Carol! Glad that you had some fun times while away.

SmilingSally said...

It would be exciting to see an airplane carrying the leader of the free world, even if I didn't vote for him. I have just loaded your link. Happy Blue Monday.

Shellmo said...

That would be exciting to see the president's plane land! Hope you, Charli and the hubby had a wonderful week!!

Cindy said...

How exciting! Very nice pictures.
Cindy

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Wow, this is so neat, Carol! That would be thrilling to see, and you got such great photos!

We've missed you and are glad you all are back! Bones to Charli and hugs to you!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Anne said...

Wow how cool and awesome was that! Glad to have you back to blogging. I hope you also had a nice restful time away.

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

That is a pretty impressive looking plane. My nephew is one of his aids and most certainly could have been on that plane with him! His mom told my husband that he was going to call us sometime from the plane.

I am having a blue giveaway so you might want to stop on by and sign up.

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Good day Carol and Charlie!! That would indeed be a sight to see wouldn't it!!

Coloradolady said...

This is a really neat shot of some blues for today. I am amazed at all the different photos of just a simple subject..blue.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

WOW! What a great vacation Carol! Thanks to you and Charli for visiting me and for the beautiful prayers that I know many of you have offered for me! I accomplished much. Your pictures are marvelous and I am sure this is a trip you will never forget! Pat the furry one for me and God bless you sweet Carol! Anita

Eileen said...

WELCOME BACK!! You were missed!
Those pictures are great! How thrilling for you and your family!

That bothers me about the flag though too, I'm going to look it up.

So glad you're back in the blog world!

Eileen said...

Okay, I looked up the flag positioning. The American Flag is depicted backward on aircraft (starboard side only). If a flag pole could be attached to the aircraft, imagine how the flag would look on both sides (one side would be forward facing, one backward) as the aircraft was moving forward.

I read it is depicted the same way on military uniforms too.

inspirações da Jô said...

My flower,
Here in the Brazil,today cellebrate the Day of friend!!And I wish a happy day friend!!!!!
A week blessed and very jubilant!!!!Kisses and hugs!!!!

sunshine said...

Wow! Very exciting to have your President land in pretty much the backyard! Great pictures.

I'm happy that you enjoyed your time away from Blogland! It's nice to take a break from time to time.

Thanks for following my new Blog. :)
Now, I'm off to check out this new sidebar.....

((Hugs))
Laura

Knitty said...

I don't live far from SANG, but certainly don't have the view your son has. I was out of town last week so I missed this event. It is exciting watching maneuvers from the base.

Jerelene said...

Hi Carol,
I missed you and Charli while you were gone!!
What great pictures of airforce one..
Maybe the flag was like that because the camera lense possibly flips things? I don't know..
I'm glad you had a nice time while you were off...everyone needs time off sometimes..
So glad you are back though!!
Love, Jerelene

Jerelene said...

See what I mean...Marcy's last post about mistakes is really bringing it out for me...I missed Eileen's last post...now I feel really stupid!! I've had a really bad allergy day..sneezing like crazy! That might have something to do with my errors too!
Love, Jerelene

Just a little something from Judy said...

Welcome back to the two of you. You were missed!! Your Blue Monday pictures fit perfectly. How amazing to have the privilege of seeing that plane land and to be so close to it. I like how you captured so many different landing pictures. So fascinating! Glad to hear that the three of you had a great time together. Your organized blog is impressive.

xinex said...

Wow! That must have been so exciting to see that!...Christine

Judi said...

Hi Carol*hugs*
It sounds like you had a good time away and its good to have you back!
Is that not exciting to be part of the Presidential visit with his visit in Michigan! You got excellent pictures he was just so close....thank you for sharing.
have a lovely week and come by and visit!
Judi

mythoughtsmyvoice said...

Hello Carol,

You're back! :-) How cool is you son's backyard there's a landing place for the President's plane. And yes, I guess so. Whatever one's political views/affiliations, still on that moment it's something really interesting :-)

Happy to say I'm participating in your Tea and Friendship Tuesday! I guess mine's a little early on my timezone But I'll be sure to drop by again tomorrow (cause it's already night time here :-).

Mizpah,
Li

Related Posts with Thumbnails