Thursday, July 9, 2009

Booking Through Thursday........

Welcome to Booking Through Thursday at http://btt2.wordpress.com/ A weekly post where book lovers like myself get together to have informal discussions related to literature and books. If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Booking Through Thursday web site......

This week our discussion is as follows......
"An idea I got from The Toddled Dredge (via K for Kat). Here's what she said:
So here today I present you an Unread Books Challenge. Give me the list or take a picture of all the books you have stacked on your bedside table, hidden under the bed or standing in your shelf-the books you have not read, but keep meaning to. The books that begin to weigh on your mind. The books that make you cover your ears in conversation and say, 'No! Don't give me another book to read! I can't finish the ones I have!'"...........
In addition to 'Great Books' published by the Encyclopedia Britannica, the following is my list of unread books.....
Alice's Adventures In Wonderland and Through The Looking-Glass
-Lewis Carroll-
America America
-Ethan Canin-
A lady of High Regard
-Tracie Peterson, Judith West-
A Dish Taken Cold
-Anne Perry-
Light To My Bath
-Lynn Austin-
The Pillars of the Earth
-Ken Follett
The Winter Rose
-Jennifer Donnelly-
My Father's Secret War
-Lucinda Franks-
The Thirteenth Tale
Diane Setterfield-
Will I ever read these books? Eventually I'm hoping to be able to but other books keep popping up and these books are once again set aside......
Happy Booking Through Thursday everyone!
I hope all of you have a beautiful day ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

11 comments:

jlshall said...

I'm hoping to get through all the Great Books, too, someday. Started reading them about thirty years ago when we bought our set, and I'm still at it. So I guess it's going to be a lifetime project!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, how wonderful, Carol. I love great literature, and I find myself going back to the classics over and over again.

Love to you...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Vee said...

The Thirteenth Tale is the only one on your list that I'm familiar with...it's a great one! Wonderful writing from a first-time author and just when you think you know what's going on...

Janet said...

I liked 'America America.' And I have some Lewis Carroll on my 'tbr someday' list, too.

Madeline's Album said...

You have quite a list. I have no list. Thank you for your comment to my last post. I am having a great day hope you are also. Madeline

Blessings each day said...

How funny that you posted about this, Carol. I, too, have a list of unread books, some even under my bed (they migrate from the night stand to under the bed, get put back on the book shelf and then the process starts all over agsin!) and on my nightstand!

Fortunately Tinkabelle is not into books so she leaves them alone, hopefully yours are safe from attack by sweet Charli too!

blessings and hugs,

marcy

sunshine said...

I re-read most of the Anne of Green Gables books every summer. This summer my daughter has taken an interest in them as well.
Of course I am always reading Jane Austen.
Keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer for me. We've put a adoption request in at the Humane Society!!!
Read all about it at my blog.
I'm so nervous!!1
((Hugs))
Laura

Eileen said...

Oh, Carol, I have about four years worth of books saved up now, and I probably won't get to them until my grandson starts school full time in the Fall!
I used to be such an avid reader, and I'm one of those that can't put the book down once I start it, I usually finish a book in two or three days tops!
Now other than an extremely rare occasional one, I haven't read a thing I'm sad to say. If I can't read it from cover to cover in no time flat, then I lose interest.
I know people who can read a few books at once! My mind doesn't work that way, I'd never be able to keep characters and plots straight!

Well, happy reading!

Sue said...

I'm afraid to look in my night stand. There are too many books in there, most of them half read.

Smilingsal said...

Read that Lynn Austin next; she's soooo good.

violetcrush said...

I have The Thirteenth Tale in my list. I know what you mean by other books popping up but I do hope I get to read it someday :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails