Friday, July 10, 2009

Christmas in July Tablescape Party.....



Christmas in July Tablescape Party.....

As I was traveling through blog land this evening catching up with visits to all of my dear bloggy friends I learned that Felecia, at http://playingdishes.blogspot.com/ was hosting a Christmas in July Tablescape Party. How much fun is that! I am posting my tablescape tonight as I won't be available tomorrow. If you would like to participate, or you would like more information about it, just click on the above link. Thank you Felecia for hosting this fun event!...


All of my Christmas dishes have long since been packed away so I thought I would not be able to participate in this fun event but then I remembered that I did do a post last Christmas with a tablescape in it that I could share with all of you.......

My Christmas dishes are Pfaltzfraff and I have had them for many, many years. I like them because they are sturdy like most every day dishes usually are. They can go from the oven, to the microwave, and they are dishwasher safe. I particularly like the design with the Christmas tree and the train underneath. For some reason I have always liked trains and especially the toy trains that are sometimes used as decorations on mantels, shelves, and around Christmas trees during the holiday season. I picked up the chargers at Home goods a couple of years ago. The glasses are imported Czech crystal. Those little snowmen salt and pepper shakers were a gift from my sister. I just love them ♥ I usually keep them out throughout the winter months and then I pack them away again in the spring. I like to use different kinds of center pieces on my tables and especially during the holidays. I always get a Poinsettia for the Christmas holiday and if it's small enough I will use that for a centerpiece. I think they look very pretty on the table. Sometimes I use my Christmas tree cookie jar and other times a Santa Claus tea light holder. I also like to use fresh flowers but they can be rather expensive. Well there you have it. Christmas tablescapes in July.....


Happy Christmas in July everyone!.....
With warmest regards, Carol

30 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Carol, I love your tablescape, and MERRY CHRISTMAS! Very wonderful dishes. I love trains, too!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Jadehollow said...

Oh I love trains at Christmas too.. We would always put ours underneath the tree and put the gifts somewhere else lol. Lovely tablescape.. love the tree dishes.
Hugs,
Debbie

Chandy said...

Beautiful! Just beautiful! I love trains as well!

printersdevil said...

Carol,
Thank you for participating in my CIJ Tablescape Party #2. I am so glad that you remembered the earlier post and we got to see your table. I love trains, too. This is so pretty. I love the Christmas tree centerpiece.

Everything looks so festive. The heat was unbearable here today and it is wonderful to sit here this evening and start viewing all the great CIJ tables and think of cool weather.

Bill said...

You did a really nice job. Those glasses are gorgeous ... oh well, it seems I like shiny things ;)

Have a great weekend!

Bill

Dining Delight said...

Those plates are great! Nice tablescape. DH is a locomotive engineer so can REALLY relate to the trains.

DD

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Very pretty!! Merry Christmas in July, Carol!

Duchess of Tea said...

I came across your blog through Anne, from Peek-A-Boo Street. You have a very lovely blog, full of interesting posts and beautiful pictures. I am going to return this weekend to read all your current and archived posts. I’ve been a good girl, I already grabbed your logo and placed it on my site and have left myself a reminder to join your Tuesday’s club. I also joined your followers, placed a link to your blog on mine and added your blog to my list of blogs I follow…the works. When you get a chance, please stop by my cottage, and when you do please take a moment and join my followers. I will sincerely appreciate it.
Talk to you soon
Duchess xx

zetor said...

Your table looks lovely, I love poinsettias too, always manage to buy a couple at Christmas.

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Your table looks very pretty. I also love those dishes! Merry Christmas in July to you as well! Enjoy your weekend!

FOR THE SAKE OF TIME said...

Your tablescape is great! I am excited about Christmas already. In fact, I have purchased a few gifts. I always enjoy following your blog and seeing the wonderful things you share.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Charla

Eileen said...

Such a pretty table setting. I always liked that pattern too, beautiful dishes. And I love all the centerpieces but I'm partial to poinsettias most!

I'm usually longing for Christmas about this time of year, but I think this year is different because it doesn't even feel like summer yet with this wet, cold nasty weather we had all spring. It feels like May to me now.

You always do everything up so pretty and I get lots of ideas from you, thanks!

Madeline's Album said...

Carol, Love your Christmas in July Tablescape. Everything looks so good. Have a great day. Madeline

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

How lovely!!!! Everything looks perfect!

xo
becky

marty39 said...

Oh I love the beautiful tablescapes. The Pfaltzgraph dishes are just gorgeous. I havn't ever seen this patter, but the trees with the trains is just so pretty. Beautifully done. Hugs, Marty

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Very pretty! I really like the china!

Katherine

Jorgelina said...

Beautiful!
Your table looks lovely.
Hugs

Suzy said...

Love your pretty Christmas table! Thanks for stopping by the Ice Cream Social :-) Hope you enjoy all of the recipes everyone is sharing. Come back again at the end of the weekend and check them all out. My Jigs loves ice cream too!

Just a little something from Judy said...

Before we know it Christmas dishes will be on our tables. Yours look so nice. I don't own Christmas dishes but I always like to see them on a table. What a beautiful Christmas tablescape.
Hope you and Charli are enjoying your weekend together.

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Perfect my dear, just perfect. I missed you on thursday.. I do apologize. I had some pressing issues. So for thursday Dog day.... My little girl is in her first heat. She will soon become a spayed big girl. Bless her heart.

Kathleen said...

Very pretty table! Glad you saed a pic for us!

Anne said...

Merry Christmas in July! Your tablescape looks great! Seeing that makes me wish it was Christmas time. I love Christmas time. Hope your having a fabulous weekend!♥

SmilingSally said...

I try to always get a poinsettia too.

inspirações da Jô said...

My darling Carol,
Your table is pretty!!!I adored!!!!
I am passing here to invite it to go to my blog that I have a stamp for you!!! A big KISS!!!

Aayden and Aarons Mommy said...

You have the nicest dishes! :) I love Christmas time...minus the snow, so Christmas in July would be perfect!

mythoughtsmyvoice said...

Yay, Christmas in July! How wonderful! :-)

I like your details and hints of Christmas. The plate is probably a good fit for me cause it's durable from how you described it. :-) The glass though, as pretty as they are I'm afraid I'd break it! But it really looks great on the table. Something to treat one's self :-) Definitely!

Oh and to add: Everyday is Christmas Day!

Mizpah,
Li

(yes, I'm missing the waters, but I like the trees that surrounds me now :-) )

Blessings each day said...

Even the stores have picked up on Christmas in July, but you do a much better job of it Carol, plus I don't think you were trying to sell anything! You certainly know how to make allholidays special!

blessings and hugs,

marcy

JG said...

Your Pfaltzfraff dishes are beautiful! Enjoy Christmas in July!

Jerelene said...

I'll miss you while you're gone!!!My kids think your Charli is a beautiful little girl!! My aunt used to have one that looked just like her..I never see the silver ones like her anymore..just the dark ones. Enjoy your break!!
Love, Jerelene

Michael said...

How festive is this?!

Merry Christmas in July to you too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails