Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dogs on Thursday........


Welcome to Dogs On Thursday at http://dogsonthursday.blogspot.com/ A weekly post where dog lovers like myself get together to talk about our most precious four legged friends. If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Dogs On Thursday web site.........


Hello Everybody. We hope all of you have had a lovely week. Charli is having loads and loads of fun enjoying her summer...
My neighbor told me an interesting and funny story about Charli last week that I thought I would share with all of you....
Now being the dog lovers that you are I'm sure you will completely understand this bazaar behavior on my part and not think I am totally weird...
Some where down the line I started referring to my husband and myself as grandma and grandpa to Charli, much to my husband's dismay. Most likely the choice of these names had something to do with the fact that our grandson Ryan came over to visit a lot when Charli was still a puppy. I would say things like, "Charli give that to grandma" in the same way I would refer to myself as grandma to Ryan. The end result is that Charli knows my hubby and myself by no other name...
Now Charli can be a real stinker when she wants to be and most of the time she will not listen to my hubby like she usually listens to me. She considers him as more of a friend and me as more of a disciplinarian. A couple of weeks ago he was at home and I was out with some friends. My neighbor happened to be weeding by the side of our gate when my hubby went to go out of the yard, and Charli being her sneaky little self, ran out of the gate under his feet. When he tried to get her back in the yard she wouldn't come. Instead, she sat on the drive way looking at him. Every time he would tell her to get in the yard, she would bark, bend down, stick her little bottom up in the air, and wag her tail. She does this when she wants my hubby to play with her. Finally in frustration he yelled at her. My neighbor told me, he yelled, "If you don't get in this yard right now I'm telling grandma on you." My neighbor said Charli's ears stood straight up in the air and she booked into the back yard as fast as her little legs could carry her. My neighbor said she tried as hard as she could not to laugh but she just couldn't help it. She said my hubby looked so funny because there he was a big guy, 6'3" telling this little ten pound schnauzer that he was going to tell grandma on her because she wasn't listening. That, plus fact, that Charli understood exactly what he was saying. All she had to hear was my name and she did exactly as she was told.....
When I got home, my hubby ranted and raved about the fact that he was tired of Charli not listening and embarrassing him in front of the neighbors but he refused to tell me exactly what happened. Probably because he knew how upset I would be if I knew Charli was out of the yard without her leash. My neighbor later told me it was one of the funniest conversations she was ever privy to, but what ever you do, don't tell my hubby I shared it with you... Shh....
Charli looks Innocent enough, but I'm telling you she is a real little hooligan sometimes.....
"Me? Are you talking about me?"
We hope all of you have a safe and fun filled Fourth of July weekend ♥
With warmest regards,

14 comments:

sunshine said...

I don't believe Charli is a stinker for one second! Look at her... soooo cute!!!
That is hilarious. I love that story.
That Charli is a smart one, isn't she?
Give her a big squeeze from me.
((Hugs))
Laura

Marjie said...

I'm sure there's a little hooligan behind that sweet face. Can Charli spare a little sunshine for our holiday weekend? We hope you enjoy yours!

Blessings each day said...

I love seeing her all dressed up like that...she looks so prissy and feminine... a little lady puppy. She's only ten pounds? How tiny! How huggable.

My hubby and I say we're Tinka's mommy and daddy and she even sleeps with us (she's a bed hog too!)

Thanks for spoiling Charli...it makes me feel good!

blessings qith hugs,
marcy

Shelia said...

Oh, Carol how very funny! I could just see little Charli doing her 'thing' as Chloe Dawn does the same thing with her tiny bottom! These stubborn little Schnauzers! But we love 'em!
Now I thought I had seen cute photos of Charli, but Carol, these are the most adorable! Look at that dress and purse! :)
Have a wonderful 4th!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

What a cute story and that pic is adorable.

Eileen said...

Carol, I am falling out of my chair with laughter!! Your poor husband! And Charli knowing exactly what she was doing, and then knowing exactly what he was saying!
And the dress! The ruffles! I can't get over it. This is too cute!
Thanks for sharing, it really made my day!

Eileen said...

Oh, I forgot that I wanted to ask you if you where a helmet when you go bike riding?

Eileen said...

I'm sorry, I meant 'wear' not where. I've been doing this ALL day!

Tina. said...

Lololololololo, good story! It isn't amazing that they know exactly what they can get away with and with whom? Happy Dot's!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, Carol, LOLOLOL! I'm laughing SO hard right now. I loved reading this. Too funny!

Please tell Charli I said, "Good job!" She gave me something to smile about all day!

Happy Fourth...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Channon said...

I love it!! That's such a traditional terrier pose... punctuated with a bark when the human just isn't cooperating!

Aayden and Aarons Mommy said...

This picture of Charli is sooo cute! That story is hilarious! :)

Neabear said...

Carol, you had me cracking up with this crazy story. I was laughing so hard, hubby had to come and investigate. I told him you have to read this. So he did while I finished making breakfast. He comes in comes in the kitchen cracking up too. We were laughing so much we had tears rolling down our cheeks. Both of us could just picture that! Thanks for the laugh. We needed it.

Jerelene said...

Your Charli is just adorable..I thought about her tonight at 4-H with Sam. There's a cute little girl there that looks like Charli.. By the way...I'm mommy to Teddy and Nanny to Mickey. He was technically a present to my daughter Sarah..so, I was trying to be nice and give her the Mommy...but in reality (I am..:)
Have a lovely week!! love, Jerelene

Related Posts with Thumbnails