Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dogs on Thursday......


Welcome to Dogs On Thursdays http://dogsonthursday.blogspot.com/ a weekly post where dog lovers like myself get together to talk about our most precious four legged friends. If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Dogs On Thursday web site.......

Yesterday was a great day at our house. Our sweet little grandson Ryan popped over for a visit. Charli just loves Ryan and especially when he plays catch with her! She was in seventh heaven running back and forth across the yard chasing balls and then bringing them back to him....


After Charli had worn herself out she sat down by the table beside Ryan and I and watched while we painted and decorated birdhouses. This is a great summer project to do with children! It's easy and fun. Clean up is a breeze and it's relatively inexpensive. We picked up these darling little bird houses for a dollar a piece at Jo-ann Fabrics and Crafts......
Don't our bird houses look colorful? We added the stickers
to them after we finished painting. I thought they
turned out rather cute and especially since this was our first attempt at doing something like this. We have already decided we would like to make some more. Next time we are going
to try to get a little more creative and perhaps make one with a Halloween or patriotic theme that can be used as decorations
for the holidays.....
After we finished our bird houses we took Charli over to Pet Smart which is her all time favorite store. She likes to interact with the other animals, get an occasional treat, and loves the adoration she receives from the people in the store.......
After all of that painting and shopping we decided to splurge and go to Charli's second favorite place, the Dairy Queen. I don't think that's technically the name but that's what we call it. Our Dairy Queen makes the best frozen custard in the whole world. Every week they have a different flavor, in addition to chocolate and vanilla. Charli's favorite flavor is vanilla and she always gets one teaspoon full of custard when we go there......












We like to go to this Dairy Queen because it's nice, clean, and the people who own it are friendly. Charli loves all of the smells and especially those foot long hotdogs. She also likes the people as long as they don't get to close. She always let's the children pet her head and say hello though......






When we got back home we sat out in the swing and looked at picture books. You know the
kind where you have to find two apples, one arrow, five balloons, and etc. Ryan especially
likes finding all of the hidden things and he's really good at it. He's much better at it than his granny that's for sure. Charli just likes to be where ever we are so she was perfectly content...
After dinner Ryan, the pooch, and I snuggled up in a blanket on the sofa down stairs to watch 'Hotel For Dogs'. This is a great movie for kids and dogs a like. Charli's ears would perk up and her head would turn side to side at different points in the movie. I wasn't the least surprised though because she just loves to watch all of the animal shows on TV........
We hope all of you as well as your little canine pals have had a good week.
Happy Dogs On Thursday everyone!.....
With warmest regards,

13 comments:

Eileen said...

What a wonderful day! Ryan is a lucky boy, and what a nice memory this day will be for you both. And with a nice memento too! I think those birdhouses were a great idea, I'm going to try that next week with Jayden! Thanks for sharing! I love hearing about days like this!
All the best,
Eileen

Eileen said...

Oh, sorry, forgot to mention the cutest dog in the world too! She really is adorable, and I love how she's so much a part of the family, and she knows it!

Neabear said...

What a fun day! The bird houses are adorable. Fun activity for sure. Makes me wish my granddaughter lived close by here. Or us there. We watched Hotel for Dogs not too long ago. It was the day I made the root beer floats. I posted about that. Hey, did you get the movied idea from my post?
We enjoyed it too.

Smilingsal said...

Isn't it wonderful to have a grandchild to spend time with?

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I enjoyed your outing with Charli and Ryan, Carol. Those birdhouses are precious, and I love Charli's sun suit. So cute! And only one teaspoon for such a sweet dog???

XO,

Sheila :-)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hello sweet Carol! What a sweeet post! Ryan must be so special and of course the queen Charli is a hoot in her little yellow shirt!!! She just tugs at my heart strings. Anita

Blessings each day said...

Now I have to ask...doesn't Charli ever get dirty? She practically sparkles in her pictures! She also tilts her cute little head in so many pictures...is that because you are calling her name? Is Charli afraid of people? She is such a people magnet!

Such a great idea to do a project with your grandson. That's something I could take with me to do with mine when I go to see them again!

Charli has lots of outfits...do you make them or buy them?

Delightful post!

blessings with hugs,

marcy

Madeline's Album said...

What a wonderful time you all had. The birdhouses are just adorable. Charli in her yellow outfit is so cute. Have a blessed day and a wonderful weekend. Madeline

Channon said...

I bought Hotel for Dogs some time ago, and it sits atop my knitting bag, waiting. Maybe tonight?

Shellmo said...

Sounds like a great fun filled day! Ryan must've enjoyed himself immensely!! And that Charli is cute as ever in her little outfits!Scout said she wouldn't be surprised to see her in Vogue magazine soon! :-)

Anne said...

Ryan just wants me to tell you that he had a lot of fun spending time with you all. Thanks for showing him a spectacular time!♥

Tammy518 said...

I'm going to have to rent Hotel For Dogs for Lucy and I (and my human daughter too!). I remember reading the book as a child and it was my favorite book back then because I loved dogs so much.

Where did you get Charli's darling little jacket she's wearing in this post?

Hope you have a great weekend!

Jerelene said...

What a fun day you for all of you!! I LOVED the birdhouses..it made me want to do something like that with Sam. They turned out just beautiful!! I loved the colors you chose..Out for ice-cream and then a movie..what a great day!! Have you seen Beverly Hills Chiahuaha? It is really good too..I bet Charli would like it ;)She sure is a sweet girl!!
I loved your Christmas in July pictures too..what beautiful settings..it would be a delight to sit at your table!!
Love, Jerelene

Related Posts with Thumbnails