Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tea and friendship Tuesday's..........


Welcome to Tea and friendship Tuesday's hosted by Charli and Me. This is a fun post that can be filled with pretty teapots, teacups, tablescapes, stories, poems, quotes, and interesting facts related to tea, friendship, or both. This is a place to share anything you would like with a friend! If you would like to join me, just grab a button, write your post, and then leave a comment here so my friends and I can pop over for a visit. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy my post.....

"Always set a high value on spontaneous kindness. He whose inclination prompts him to cultivate your friendship of his own accord will love you more than one whom you have been at pains to attach to you"
-Samuel Johnson-

Today I am very excited to share two friendship awards with you. The first award comes from my friend Eileen, at http://ummasworld.blogspot.com/ It is an invisible award, with no button, and is bestowed on those blogs considered charming. Thank you so much Eileen for thinking of me! I was just thrilled beyond measure to receive such a lovely award from you.......

The second award comes from my friend Jerelene, at http://jerelenesblog.blogspot.com/ It is bestowed on blogger's that are not interested in self aggrandizement but instead aim to find and be friends. Thank you Jerelene for this beautiful award! It has meant so much to me. You have touched my heart in ways you will never know.....
I hope all of you will take the time to visit my two wonderful friends. Each of these ladies have charming blogs about faith and family that I am sure you will enjoy as much as I do....
Each of these precious awards come with a meme. In one award I am supposed to list seven boring things about myself and in the other seven random things about myself. I have decided to combind the two awards and list a total of seven. I apologize if I have been repetitious here as I have done something similar to this in the past....
Here goes.....
1. God is the center of my world.
2. I highly treasure my family and friends.
3. My experiences as a nurse have taught me humility.
4. I honestly don't know what the color of my hair is any more. I just know it couldn't possibly be gray :>)
5. My hubby and I eloped just after I turned eighteen. I was still in high school and we didn't tell anyone until just before I graduated. After the ceremony we came home and dyed Easter eggs with my niece and nephew. We planned on getting married right after I graduated anyway but we did it on a dare which was initiated by several of my cousins. We have been happily married forty three years.
6. My husband and I actually got married twice. Once in a civil ceremony and then in a church ceremony years later.
7. My hubby and I love to give each other home made cards on special occasions and some times for no particular reason at all.
Well there you have it...... I am now supposed to bestow these awards on to seven others but how can I possibly choose. I appreciate and value each and everyone of you. I would there fore like to pass both of these awards on to each of you. I think it's such a fun way to get to know one another a little better.
Happy Tea and friendship Tuesday everyone!.....
With warmest regards, Carol

6 comments:

Madeline's Album said...

What a great post. We have another thing in common. My husband and I eloped and kept it a secret for 6 months. I had already graduated for high school and was working for the State of California. We have been married 54 years. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Smilingsal said...

I don't think that your list is at all boring. In fact, I found out another common thing we have. I married when I just turned 17, so we both made an important life-decision that worked!

Eileen said...

Carol, I loved this post!
Married and kept it a secret! How exciting!
And you sound like you have a wonderful relationship, I love 'happily ever after' stories!

And I'm the same with dying my hair, I'm not sure what color it is anymore, but if I could be sure it was the beautiful white gray my Mom had I think I would let it go gray in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, I think it's that drab salt and pepper (which is not really pepper but an ugly brownish color), so I guess I'll stay coloring it!

Thanks for all your nice comments to my blog all the time, thanks for all your visits!

I really enjoyed learning a little more about you today.
I think we all get sick sometimes of writing lists about ourselves, but as I read others it really does help me to know them a little more!

sunshine said...

Haha! I got a chuckle about your hair colour! Mine's on the way to becoming another colour too so I guess I shouldn't laugh too hard.

((Hugs))
Laura

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Carol, we eloped, too! LOL! And we've been married over thirty years. Great minds... ;-)

Loved reading this and congrats on your much deserved awards.

XO,

Sheila :-)

sa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色,性愛

Related Posts with Thumbnails