Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tea and friendship Tuesday's..........


Good morning everyone and welcome to Tea and friendship Tuesday's hosted by Charli and Me. This is a fun post that can be filled with pretty tablescapes, teapots, teacups, recipes, stories, poems, quotes, and interesting facts related to to tea, friendship, or both. It's a place to share anything you would like with a friend! If you would like to join me, just pick up a button, write your post, and then leave a comment here so my dear friends and I will be able to pop over for a visit. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy my post..........


I'm extremely excited to share two very
lovely awards with all of you.....
The first one comes from my dear friend Eileen at http://ummasworld.com/ It
is given to blogger's who are bolstering, uplifting,reassuring, soothing, calming, cheering, consoling, and encouraging. Aww..... Thank you so much Eileen! This award certainly describes you ♥ as well as my other precious and treasured bloggy friends. To all of you who haven't been bestowed with this heart felt award as of yet, I hope you well except it now from me.......
The second award comes from my beautiful friend Jo at http://inspiraesdajo.blogspot.com/ It is an award that is supposed to be passed on to lovely people. Thank you so much Jo! I am very touched that you would think of me ♥ I'm sending this lovely award right back to you and then passing it along to the rest of my treasured bloggy friends as well........
If you haven't had a chance to visit with these two lovely ladies I hope you will take the time to do so. I am very blessed to have found them here in this vast blog world of ours. I know you will feel the same way once you get to know them. I am overwhelmed by their kindness....
I love inspirational quotes to get me started on my day. Here is one I found in a 'Woman's Day' magazine last month that I thought I would share with all of you.....

"You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy any place."
-Ernie Banks-
This week I thought I would show you my every day Buffalo China dishes. I just love them! In fact, I would rather use these dishes than any other dishes I have. I think they are very versatile and practical. I especially like that the fact that they are white so they go with just about anything. I can also mix and match dishes if I choose to do so. I purchased them approximately seven years ago at Williams-Sonoma. Remember those old diner dishes of days gone by? Well that's exactly what these dishes are. They are very sturdy and solid. I was so tired of my dishes constantly breaking and chipping. Believe me these dishes can with stand practically anything. With one hubby, three son's, three grandson's, and two great grandson's they are the perfect dishes for me. I have a twelve piece set of them.......

My glasses come from France. They are the kind of glasses used in restaurants and little bistros all across the country. Again very sturdy and practical. The grandchildren use them all of the time. I am always getting compliments from my friends and family about them and especially since they are dish washer safe. They are the kind of glasses you don't have to be afraid to use.....
Even though I have sturdy and practical dinner ware that doesn't mean I can't dress up my table to look nice. Here I have added a little tea set I found at Home goods for under twenty dollars.
Who doesn't love the little birds all of us found at Target last Easter. Tea lights are always pretty, romantic, and soothing. I've added a center piece, a summery tablecloth and napkins, and I'm all set to go. I have found through the years that the guys really like and appreciate a nicely set table as much as us girls do.....
Now all I have to do is add a little dish of dog biscuits for Charli and were all set. Happy Tea and friendship Tuesday everyone!
With warmest regards, Carol






22 comments:

mythoughtsmyvoice said...

Hello again! I'm still awake! :-)LOL

I like the quote - generate one's own happiness. I guess so. It really is up to us to turn things around. After all, who better to know what makes us happy than us?

I also like the fact that you said your plates and goblet is very sturdy. Yup, lovely and sturdy. I'd be so afraid to make use of such delicate china :-) And you dressed the table real lovely with candles and all. Your husband must really feel like you're always on a date. how sweet is that.

Mizpah,(oh and Good Night from my side of the globe :-) )
Li

(thanks for the visit!It is amazing, isn't it? Oh but your comment went on the Pink Saturday post though. I guess the comment link is not what we are used to where it's usually located at the end. Mine's at the very top. but that's ok. I'm glad to hear that you're glad with my post for this event. And I hope I can come up with something again for the next)

Eileen said...

Such a pretty table setting!
I love your dishes! And I so enjoy having a cup of coffee out of a nice-sized sturdy mug! Your linens are beautiful too!

I really enjoyed this pretty post!
And congratulations on your much-deserved awards!

Walking on Sunshine... said...

What a beautiful quote! And I love the table setting you did! Very pretty! Enjoy your day!

A Stitch In Thyme said...

What a pretty summer garden themed table. I love that quote. It always brings a side ways grin up when someone says, "maybe if we move there we'll be happy". Like geography will take away the troubles of the world. I love a sturdy plate. Just makes you feel like you can put thanksgiving on it and it won't topple over.

Hi Charli!!!

sunshine said...

Great quote and so true!
I love the table. I agree with you about sturdy dishes. I have a set that my Aunt gave me when I first got married. They aren't anything fancy but they have withstood 17 years of our family.
The table looks lovely!
((Hugs))
Laura

Tammy518 said...

Beautiful tablescape! I love the teaset you found. I've got that same tablecloth and napkins and they're so pretty and summery.

Tell Charli Lucy says hi!

Pat#Back Porch Musings said...

Beautiful tea table!!

MARIA said...

I love your Tea and friendship Tuesday,
I love your each post,
I love your music and right site bar.
Definitelly you deserve Awards!

I found on your beautiful table a little nest with eggs, it is cute!

Blessings each day said...

First...sincere Congratulations on your much deserved awards!

Amazing that you can take such sturdy dinnerware and make it look so elegant (it seems as if the two couldn't go together). You have a lovely decorating sense, Carol.

Even the good China that I do have I use without trying to worry because there is no joy in just having a constant display and not using it.

Thanks for sharing the lovely quote you found and the lovely setting you did.

blessings and hugs,

marcy

SmilingSally said...

I like your quote, and I agree with it. LOL (Maybe that's why I like it!)

Your table looks lovely; I wish I could sit an visit.

Duchess of Tea said...

Hope you had a wonderful time away. My Tea & Friendship Tuesday is up and running, I was slow this morning. Please check it out and let me know if you approve.
Thanks for the lovely comments you left earlier.
Duchess xx

Pug1 said...

Lovely tablescape! CHEERS! Michele

JG said...

That is a great quote! And so true.

Madeline's Album said...

First thank you Carol for your visit and very nice comment you left on my blog. I really enjoyed this post you did a beautiful job as usual. I love the quote by Ernie Banks. Your table settings were very pretty. Hope you had a wonderful Tea and Friendship Tuesday. Madeline

Just a little something from Judy said...

A lovely table setting is a gift to me. Whenever I sit down to a beautifully set table I am so thankful for the person who took the time to do it for me and the others around the table. Your tablecloth is lovely as are your dishes. My husband always appreciates an attractive tablescape,and he usually comments about it. You blog just feels happy and I leave feeling that way. Thank you! The music is some of my very favorite. Sometimes I visit your blog just to listen to the music as I sit here at my desk and work. Consider this a real compliment.

This Country Girl said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your kind comments!

I love that quote about happiness! Happiness truly is a choice we make everyday...within ourselves! I love that!

You have beautiful china! What a beautiful table setting! It looks so welcoming (and even romantic)! :)

Have a great Weds!
Tammy

Queenmothermamaw said...

Thanks for stopping by my neck of the woods. I am amazed at the same books we have read. I love A Team of Rivals. I belong to a book discussion group at the library and we voted that the best we had read all year. Water for Elephants was the club book too. I like the club because I read all the books and they are ones I probably would not pick up on my own. I would love to follow your blog. Come again. Blessings
QMM

inspirações da Jô said...

My adored friend Carol,
I am is emotive and happy for have you my dear friend!!!!!You are very important for me, one of my great and true friendships of that virtual world.
Their dishes are wonderful, perfect!!!!Dishes, candles, flowers, towel, napkin, I am falled in love by the decoration and for your caprice!!!! Great kiss and a beautiful Thursday!!!!

susan said...

I am so glad to visit for the first time! I love this idea for Tuesdays! I agree with the quote-It's all in the attitude :)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I love your table setting Carol. White dishes are the best at making food look more appetizing, that is why restaurants use them. Your linens are also very pretty!

Congratulations on the well deserved awards!

Anne said...

Your table setting looks absolutely stunning. The white dishes go so perfectly because the eyes pick up all of the soft colors displayed on your table. So beautiful. It looks like it was taken from a magazine. I love your taste. =)

Neabear said...

I love that quote. Thank you for sharing. Enjoyed your tablescape too and the sturdy dishes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails