Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tea and friendship Tuesday's..........


Good afternoon everyone and welcome to Tea and friendship Tuesday's hosted by Charli and Me. This is a fun post that can be filled with pretty tablescapes, teapots, teacups, recipes, personal stories, quotes, poems, and interesting facts related to tea, friendship, or both. It is a place to share anything you would like with a friend! If you would like to join me, just pick up a button, write your post, and then leave a comment here. That way my friends and I will be able to pop over for a visit. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy your visit here. Thank you so much for stopping by.......

"Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom"
-Marcel Proust-
I would like to take this opportunity to, once again, thank all of you who who have stopped by here at Charli and Me and left such lovely comments. I would also like to thank all of you who have chosen to become followers. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Thank you so much!......
Today I would like to share a couple of things with you that I found at Michael's last week. Well, actually I found them some time ago and I have been waiting patiently for them to go on sale. Last week I was very excited to learn they were sixty percent off. There were only a couple left. I was so happy I was able to get them. I think they are very versatile and I plan on using them in many different ways and for many different things......


The first item is a bird's nest. I think it's just darling! I especially like it because it is made out of polished bronze. My kitchen fixtures, cabinet knobs, and the stand for my glass table in the living room are all made out of polished bronze so it all goes very well together......




The next item is a polished bronze bird cage. I just love anything to do with birds. As some of you know I have them all over my house.



Here they are together. I think the possibilities of what to do with them are endless. What do you think? What are some of your ideas? I would love to hear from you.
A couple of weeks ago I popped over to my friend Judy's at http://justalittlesomethingforyou.blogspot.com/ She had cut these lovely little hearts out of butter and placed them on a plate with a muffin. I thought they were so sweet and special! And what a fabulous idea for a tea table! I immediately went out and purchased some miniature cookie cutters of my own.
If you haven't stopped by to visit Judy I hope you will take the time to do so. She has some of the most amazing and creative ideas here in blogland. That, besides the fact, she is an all round wonderful gal and one of my favorite and treasured friends.

Since I knew you would be stopping by I wanted to have something special for you. I went over to the store and got some sugar cookie dough. Then I went to work creating these delicate and tasty miniature cookies. After the cookies were finished baking and cooled I made a lemon glaze for the tops. These were so much fun to do! I cut out sweet little houses, ducks, hearts, men and women, flowers, and cats. I am thinking that maybe Ryan and I will make some miniature orange cats out of jello for Halloween...


I found a small plate that fit perfectly in my bird cage. I added the cookies and a few lilies from my garden. Please do come and sit down. I'll just take these over to the tea table and we can have a nice visit together.


Happy Tea and friendship Tuesday everyone!
I hope all of you are having a beautiful day......
Blessings to all of you!.....
With warmest regards, Carol

12 comments:

Anne said...

Your cookies look scrumptious. I'm so glad you were able to pick up the bird's nest and cage in time. They are cute and like you said, the possibilities with them are endless. Maybe put some dyed eggs in the nest at Easter time. Happy Tea & Friendship Tuesday!

Madeline's Album said...

Your bird nest and bird cage are just so cute. I like the way you put the cookies on a plate in the bird cage. Thank you for your visit and kind comment on my last post. I so enjoy you blog. Have a great Tea and Friendship Tuesday.

Marjie said...

I just bought some new green tea, and my second daughter (the nursing student) and I have been having tea parties, complete with chocolate covered tea cookies. Sadly, she is taking a summer class, necessitated by transferring to another school, and isn't here on Tuesday for Tea Parties with Mama. I'm happy to visit you and Charli instead.

Aayden and Aarons Mommy said...

I have a thing for bird cages, and I just absolutely love that!!! :) I don't know why I like them so much, I just do. Great post. And your cookies look awesome. <3

Eileen said...

Really nice finds, Carol!
And I like how you put them together, and I loved the use of it as a cookie tray too!
The cookies look delicious and I'm settled down here with an afternoon cup of coffee and would love one!
Nice post!
Nice sentiments!
All the best,
Eileen

Mary said...

Happy Tuesday, Duchess! Thanks you for your lovely comment on my teacup post today. I want so much to join you on Tea and Friendship. I'm going to try to click on some of the pictures, and hope that's what you mean by a "button". It's so embarrassing to be so lame at this, but I'm not giving up! If you see me there, I succeeded! If not, I'll try again! Love YOUR post today, too. I adore birdcages, and the cookies look wonderful. I so enjoy your blog - thank you for your encouragment!

Vee said...

A shaped butter pat would be just a sweet touch on a blueberry muffin day with friends. I like birds and birdcages, too. I don't have a birdcage yet, but I do have a few birdhouses in my home.

Barb said...

Hi Carol,

I could go for one of those cookies right now. You have a good eye. Great finds!
Tommy says "Hi" to Charli.

hugs,
Barb

zetor said...

The nest and cage are so cute. Happy Tea and friendship Tuesday

A Stitch In Thyme said...

How cute those are. The cookies must have tea to go with. Mmmm souns so good.

{{{charli}}}

Blessings,
Tammy

Just a little something from Judy said...

It is nearing the end of a long and tiring day. I sat down to my computer to make a few visits, and one of my favorite days is Tuesday Tea days. I can't tell you how blessed I felt as I was reading your blog today. Thank you so very much for your kindness to me, in making those comments about my blog. Really, it just made my day. The purchases you made at Michaels are so perfect. I like how you chose the something that ties in so closely with your kitchen. The ways you displayed them are so pretty, especially with the tiny heart and cutout cookies. Again, thank you dear friend.

SmilingSally said...

You have found some delightful bird thingies. I will enjoy watching you decorate with them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails