Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dogs on Thursday......


Welcome to Dogs On Thursday at http://dogsonthursday.blogspot.com/ This is a weekly post where dog lovers like myself get together to talk about our most precious little four legged friends. If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Dogs On Thursday web site.........

Good morning everyone! I hope you and your sweet little furry friends have had a beautiful week ♥ Things are never dull around here with our darling diva. Yesterday we went to our favorite dog friendly mall. Charli had a ball visiting with all of the other dogs, and being pampered by all of the people who stopped by to say hello, but that is for another post. Today I thought I would introduce you to our wonderful little grand-animals. We have three son's and all of them have the most amazing and adorable animals. My hubby and I consider all of them our grands and we love them dearly.....

This is Butters our gand-cat. It's not a very good picture of him because it was taken on a cell phone. He's Tom, Amy, and Tommy's cat. When I think of Butter's I think of that fabulous T.S. Elliot poem, 'Mr. Mistoffelees.'
The following is part of the poem......
"His manner is vague and aloof,
You would think there was nobody shyer-
But his voice has been heard on the roof
When he was curled up by the fire.
And he's sometimes been heard by the fire
When he was about on the roof-
(At least we all heard someone who purred)
Which is incontestable proof
Of his singular magical powers:
And I have known the family to call
Him in from the garden for hours,
While he was asleep in the hall.
And not long ago this phenomenal Cat
Produced seven kittens right out of his hat!
And we all said: Oh!
Well I never!
Did you ever
Know a Cat so clever
As Magical Mr. Mistoffelees!"
Butters will appear out of no where. He's very shy. You might see him peeking around the sofa and if he sees that you are looking at him he will disappear again with a poof. Sometimes you can lure him out with treats and he will let you pet him, but as a rule you will hear a cupboard, or cabinet close, and you know he's been some where around. Butters loves to travel. He has no problems adjusting to campers, trucks, or homes. He's an all round wonderful cat. My hubby and I just adore him ♥

Next we have our precious and sweet grand-dog Peeper. Peeper belongs to Mike, Anne, Michael, and Ryan. She is the most lovable dog in the whole world! When we pull up at the house she is always right in the front window waiting to greet us. She does this little dance when she's happy where she stands on her back feet and sort of rubs her front paws together. Peeper is a true lap dog. She loves to be petted and adored. She is very gentle, kind, and just an all round wonderful dog! It's so cute the way she barks. She will go a-rooo, a-rooo. We love our little grand-dog Peeper ♥





The latest addition to our family is our charming little Sofie. She belongs to Kurt, Rhonda, and Khory. She is just as sweet as can be. She already knows how to sit, stay, and as unbelievable as it sounds, ring a little bell when she wants to go out. As you can see by her cute little dress, she is going to be another diva. When she runs she looks like a little fur ball flying across the floor. We just love our little grand-dog Sofie ♥

I hope you have enjoyed hearing
about our precious animal family.......
Happy Dogs On Thursday
everyone......
"That's not fair! You didn't talk about me."
"Oh Charli. Don't you be jealous now.
You know I'm always talking about you."
We hope all of you have an absolutely wonderful week!
With warmest regards,

20 comments:

Nichole said...

Love all your extended family... esp that adorable little Sofie!

Sue said...

They are all adorable, but that Sophie is a doll. How old is she?

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Carol, those are some adorable pets! My sweet Miss T used to do that a-roof, a-roof bark. You don't realize how much you miss it until it's gone! I've been thinking about getting another pet, but there's so much going on right now that it's not feasible. Maybe in the next year. These are all just darling, and of course, Charli is, too!

XO,

Sheila :-)

knittinwolf said...

They're all adorable...great pics!

Sonya said...

A very lovely family indeed!

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Isn't it wonderful to know your love of dogs has been passed down? I don't know what I would do without critters in my house. Hmmm.. oh yeah, less hairball vacuuming... LOL I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Eileen said...

All the family animals are sweet! But that little black moppet! I just wanted to pick her up and cuddle her! How adorable and how smart she is!
I love all the names for the animals too, especially Butters!

And now I have the songs from 'Cats' running through my head!
All the best,
Eileen

Marjie said...

I'm sure Charli doesn't mind sharing the spotlight sometimes! She's a nice girl.

Blessings each day said...

While browsing through your pictures and before doing any reading (can't resist the little fur balls) I almost thought that Peepers was Charli. Is there any relationship? What does little Charli think of all her "cousins"??

They are all adorable, but Butters looks like a majestic lion surveying his kingdom in that pictures.

Would love to cuddle and smooch the new little baby!

Thanks for the eye treats!

blessing and hugs,

marcy

Shellmo said...

I love all your grandbabies!! And love that name "Butters" for a cat!! Please tell Charli that Scout sends her love and lots of doggy biscuits!
(I'm going to have to click on that link and see if I can join your dogs on thursdays group next week!!)

sunshine said...

All the grand-animals are so cute! I still have a soft spot for Charli though. See Charli, I haven't forgotten you. :)
((Hugs))
Laura

fiberdoodles said...

They are all so adorable! Love that poem.

Happy DOT,
Sharon

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh my gosh Carol; you have a way with communicating about these precious gifts from God that just makes me smile!!! They are all so darling! How does Charli take to them all, being a diva and all?:)

Give them all a rub on the belly for me!! Anita

SmilingSally said...

What a nice post to give us an introduction to your "extended" family.

Madeline's Album said...

Love your sweet and adorable grandpets. Have a wonderful day, Carol. Madeline

Channon said...

They're just precious, especially that little Sofie!

Jerelene said...

I love all your little grand-fur babies!! The picture in front of the fall flowers is really pretty! They are all cute..but Sophie is ESPECIALLY cute!
Congrats on such a sweet bunch of little ones!!
Love, Jerelene

Julie said...

Awww, Peeper and Sofie are so cute. Charli - don't be jealous - we love you too!

Anne said...

Aww. What a cute post. Happy Dogs on Thursday!

Neabear said...

Definitely adorable pets your family has. You must have so much fun with the extended family of pets!

Related Posts with Thumbnails