Monday, August 3, 2009

Blue Monday.....


Welcome to Blue Monday, hosted by my friend Sally, at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/ This is a weekly post where some of us blogger's get together to share something blue. Thank you Sally for hosting this fun event. If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Blue Monday web site.......



Our family was very excited recently to be invited to the grand opening of a new company here in Michigan. Congratulations owner Bill! Congratulations to our son Mike the plant manager! We wish you all of the success in the world....
I just love theme parties and as you will see this party has a one hundred percent American theme. The theme, as well as, all of the decorations were Red, White, and of course Blue. The company itself is based on good old fashioned American values....

Here the party is just
getting started. The company threw the most fabulous old fashioned barbecue.
Yummy! Grilled
chicken, hot dogs, and
hamburgers. They also served several different types of salads...

The cake was simply delicious! It's my favorite part of any party ♥
Just look at all of the blue...


And look at all of these
goodies! Charli liked the
Frisbee but she especially
loved the ball. It has a
flag in it and when it's
bounced it lights up and flashes.
How cool is that! Of course
these toys were actually for the
children who attended the party, but you know Charli, she thought
for sure that they were all
just for her.....
I loved the little dishes of candy that could be found on every table....

Look at all of the loot we took home with us. Tee shirts, mugs, ink pens, and a lot of candy...




I like these crockery mugs. They are very heavy and deep
so they will be able to hold a lot of hot steaming coffee. That's
just what I need in the morning. The inscription on the back
of the mug is as follows:
"Blessed is the nation where
God is the Lord"
-palm 33:42-










The party was so much fun! It's always nice to meet new people and see old friends.
I hope you enjoyed seeing all of my blue today.
Happy Blue Monday everyone!
With warmest regards, Carol

19 comments:

SmilingSally said...

I hope that Independence Tooling soars! What a super company. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

LV said...

Very nice post. It is always nice to see company's using good all red, white and blue. Nice job.

Blessings each day said...

Now I will be praying for overwhelming success for this fine company! What a wonderful way to get their business started with a big party.

I noticed the frisbee...will
Charli chase frisbees? Tinkbelle loves them and can almost run fast enough to catch it!

Have to comment on how cute it is to see your caption by Charli in the hat...'why do they do these things to me?' Made me chuckle...you do so GREAT with her, Carol and it just enhances her cuteness. Personally I think you really do read her mind! PLease keep it up!!

blessings and hugs,

marcy

mythoughtsmyvoice said...

A fun event! :-) And Charli was there too. She must be really having fun.

Congratulations to the new company and
happy Blue Monday! :-)

Their treats are wonderful and I like a mug deep enough to hold coffee more LOL

Mizpah,
Li

Madeline's Album said...

In these trying time I wish the new company all the best. I love the red, white, and blue theme. I even noticed that they did have some taffy candy like I had for the 4th of July. That cake did look delicious. Have a great day Carol.

Knitty said...

Best wishes for your son and the success of the new company.
I'd be careful talking about Charli as if she wasn't a child...you might hurt her feelings! :)

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Sounds like a great day! Love all the decor!! Happy Monday!

♥ Kathy said...

looks like a great time was had by all :) Happy Blue Monday Carol ♥

Queenmothermamaw said...

Beautiful Blue Monday. I wish the best for the new company. This time we are in is a big turning point for our country. I have seen several in the 71 years I have lived. You gotta win when you have God on your side, and you know it. That is the key. He is always on your side, you just gotta know it, and show it.
QMM

ClassyChassy said...

Very nice blues - have a great day!

A Stitch In Thyme said...

I'm with you, I love crockery mugs and this one is so sweet. The cake is way to tempting.. .oh okay.. give me a cyber piece!! I love it, sounds like you had a blast.

{{{{charli}}}}

inspirações da Jô said...

Dear Carol,
Desire that God blesses
her son in his job!!! And the party was really thrilling!!!!!The decoration was really wonderful, I adored!!!!And the cake hein?That beautiful cake!!!!You did have an adorable day!!!!! Kisses and a beautiful week!!!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest Carol and Charli!
What fun you two had! You blue is delightful as always and God bless you! Anita

Just a little something from Judy said...

Love hearing about new companies these days, especially ones with loyalty to the USA. What a nice way to welcome their employee's families. My favorite was the nice deep coffee mug, and how you said that is what you need in the morning. I knew I liked you!

Terry said...

Howdy
WOW this was fantastic !!!!!!
I pray that they will have wonderful success and big profits to match so all may stay employed for many years to come.
Blessings to you and yours.
Thank you for sharing this truly wonderful moment with us .
Charli is looking really sweet this week:)
The photos are fabulous.
May the rest of your week be filled with great happiness.
Hugs
Happy Trails

Eileen said...

I wish this company much success!
And I love to hear about patriotism, there is so much of the opposite in the media, it warms my heart to listen to the everyday folks!
I think most of us love our country and want the best for her despite what the media tries to convey.

And I agree about the coffee mugs, I love a big mug of coffee in the morning, and it would be nice to drink it from a mug that also shows love and respect for one's country!

Great post!
All the best,
Eileen

Duchess of Tea said...

The Duchess of Tea has bestowed a title upon you. Her Grace requests the honour of your presence at the knighting ceremony to be held at Rose Tea Cottage.

I will be honoured if you accept the award I am presenting you by copy and pasting it on your blog.

Neabear said...

Wow! This is great! What an awesome company to be through such a wonderful party. Loved all the blue. And the red too. Hope you had a great Blue Monday! I was so tired after work yesterday, that I crashed on the recliner. Hubby said I was very difficult to wake up, so he just let me sleep. I needed it I guess.

Anne said...

Happy Blue Monday and I just loved your post. I just love all of the red, white & blue!

Related Posts with Thumbnails