Monday, August 24, 2009

Blue Monday.....


Welcome to Blue Monday, hosted by my friend Sally, at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/ Every Monday a group of us blogger's get together to share something blue. Thank you Sally for hosting this fun post! If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Blue Monday web site.....




My sister Marie collects Polish Stoneware and it always looks so stunning and beautiful on her table. When ever I compliment her on her dishes she encourages me start a collection of my own. Through the years I have been thinking about it. I would pass a Polish Stoneware section in a store, and think to myself, this piece is so pretty that I really should pick it up, but for some reason I never did. Well, that was until I saw these cute little salt and pepper shakers at Home Goods. I just fell in love with them, and although you can't see it in this picture, the white matches my Buffalo China dishes perfectly. Since I purchased this darling little couple I have obtained a matching butter dish and also a couple of serving bowls that I don't have pictures of as of yet. I would like to find a sugar and creamer that matches them some day. I love the blue on these pieces because it is so deep and striking. I especially love the little blue flowers on them. I think they are very pretty indeed......



Happy Blue Monday everyone!
I hope all of you have a
beautiful day ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

17 comments:

SmilingSally said...

I just obtained my first Polish piece, and I plan to show it soon on a Blue Monday. I do love your pieces. Thanks for sharing your blues. Happy Blue Monday.

Knitty said...

I just love Polish pottery. It looks happy to me, or maybe it just makes me happy to look at it and use it.

Did you watch the airshow this past weekend? We saw bits and pieces of it from I-94 in our travels back and forth.

Blessings each day said...

Wow, Carol, you have taught me something so cool! I didn't know about Polish pottery and it would be special to me since my late hubby was Polish. I do have beautiful glasses from Poland as well as a lot of crystal pieces, but no pottery or china. Are there any major stores that carry it? We don't have so many smaller stores down here.

blessings and hugs,

marcy

Shelley said...

Such a darling set!! I never knew Polish pottery was this beautiful - love it!

ButterYum said...

ooh, neat pieces.

Cloé said...

Que beleza !Adoro estas cores e objetos !
Abraços

inspirações da Jô said...

Sweet Carol,
Those pieces are beautiful and delicate just as the lady!!!! Kisses and an excellent week!!!!

Mary said...

You have found the perfect pieces to start a new china collection. Your photos are terrific. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

Mary said...

I just love these...one of my tea club friends collects them also, and has them on display in her kitchen nook...I always admire them when I'm there having tea. i like this shade of blue...it's so rich! Have a wonderful week!

Mary

Anne said...

Oh your little pepper & salt shakers are so cute. The butter dish is lovely to. I just love blue and white color combonation. Happy Blue Monday!

Queenmothermamaw said...

Hi Carol, I didn't know of Polish pottery. I don't think I have seen any in our antique and consignment stores.
QMM

JG said...

Your blue Polish China is so pretty! I have a piece - a small blue candy dish. The design is interesting to look at.

Neabear said...

I can see why you like these. I would too!! They are so pretty and look wonderful as a set. Thank you for your visit to my place today. Hope you had a great day!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Bonjour dearest Carol and Charli! Your posts are always so sweet and display the prettiest collectables! Blue is a color that just warms my heart, and this Polish pottery is stunning! Have a great week! Anit

shopannies said...

very pretty thanks for visiting my blog and keeping my son in your prayers we will find out more on September 1 when they run a battery of test on him

Just a little something from Judy said...

I never heard of Polish Stoneware. It is beautiful! I just love visiting your blog for I feel like I am always being introduced to something new. I will be on the lookout for this stoneware in the future. It is a perfect way to share on a Blue Monday.

Jerelene said...

Oh I just LOVE them...I really do! They are adorable :)
I've never seen anything like those before..
Something else to add to my wish list :)
Love, Jerelene

Related Posts with Thumbnails