Thursday, August 27, 2009

Booking Through Thursday.......


Welcome to Booking Through Thursday at http://btt2.wordpress.com/ This is a weekly post where book lovers such as myself get together to discuss literature and books. If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Booking Through Thursday web site.........



This week our question is as follows......
"What's the lightest, most "fluff" kind of book you've read recently?"


I would have to say that the lightest and most fluffy book I've read recently is Sunday At Tiffany's by James Patterson. I really enjoyed it. It was easy to read and very entertaining. I think I finished it over the course of eight hours. I have included a book review I wrote on it earlier this year........

Sundays at Tiffany's is co authored by James Patterson and Gabrielle Charbonnet. It is a tall tale, a modern day fairy tale of sorts. It was an easy, quick, and interesting read. It also has short chapters which are especially appealing to me......The story is about Jane, a forlorn and lonely child. Her mother is a high powered Broadway producer that always seems to be working and doesn't have the time to spend with Jane she should. Jane develops a relationship with an imaginary friend. Michael is perfect in every way. He's kind, intelligent, funny, handsome, and caring. Michael walks her to school in the mornings, spends time with her in the afternoons, and tags along on outings with her to famous New York landmarks like the St Regis Hotel. Everything is going along fine until one day Michael says, "Children have imaginary friends to help guide them into their lives. We help children feel less alone, help them find their place in the world, in their families. But then we have to leave, have to. It's always been that way, and it will always be that way, Jane. That's just....how it works."Although Jane begs Michael to stay and tells him she is not ready for him to leave, Michael reiterates that he must and reassures her that she will forget him over time. After all children always do.....Jane becomes an adult but never lets go of her imaginary friend Michael. She even writes a play about her experiences with him. Even though Jane is an adult she still has not found her place in the world or her family. Instead she remains lonely and unhappy. She doesn't like herself very much at all. She has a narcissistic self centered boyfriend and a domineering mother who pretty much runs her life. Michael is between jobs and vacationing in New York when he happens to see Jane. Then Jane sees Michael and an adult relationship ensues. They realize they have always loved one another. Although Michael is not a prince all he has to do is snap his fingers to get the money he needs to take Jane on romantic excursions. Jane and Michael seem to have found their true soul mates. Jane develops confidence because of Michael's endearing love for her and she begins to change her life. Jane sees herself in a new light and actually begins to like herself for the very first time. However, there is a cloud looming over their relationship as they constantly worry that Michael will have to leave again. Then a twist in the story occurs that I cannot discuss here for fear of ruining the story for someone else.......Is Sunday at Tiffany's a true fairy tale with a happy ending? I'm not telling.... You'll just have to read the book yourself to find out........


Happy Booking Through Thursday everyone!.....
I hope all of you have a beautiful day ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

11 comments:

violetcrush said...

This is the second time I've seen this book :)
I have it my TBR and I'm planning to read it soon. So I skipped most of your review. But glad to know you liked it too

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

Added to my list, one of my favorite authors and a good review from you. Can't beat that. ;-)

Cece

Pam said...

I haven't read and Patterson but I should. Thanks for adding your review!

Amy Reads Good Books said...

Great review! I always love a book that weaves in Tiffanys!

Susan B. Evans said...

I've seen this recommended a few times now - I'll have to see if my library has a copy... Here's my BTT response.

Just a little something from Judy said...

Where did you learn to write such great and informative book reviews? You have a way of making one want to rush out to the nearest Library and get the books you write about. This is one I would enjoy. Anything about Tiffany's is fun!

Eileen said...

Carol, GREAT review! And a teaser! Now I have to go out and get that book!
My husband reads James Patterson a lot but I don't recall ever seeing that one on the shelf.
Great post!
All the best,
Eileen

Bluestocking said...

I've seen this one around a bit. Here is mine

Literature Crazy said...

I'd never wanted to read this book before, but I read your review and it seems utterly charming. (I can definitely picture this one getting picked up for film adaptation also.)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Now that sounds like a fun book, Carol! You are like my husband; tight lips! No hints on the ending, ever!!!! Then I shall go out and get this! Ah...what a great summer, heh? I go back to my classroom tomorrow to get things ready for my fourth graders in one week!!! Blessings to you and Charli, Anita

Novroz said...

I've seen this recommedation in several blogs...It sounds interesting

Related Posts with Thumbnails