Sunday, August 9, 2009

Cruising music........

It's official! Today begins a week long celebration of cruising on U.S. 1, Woodward Ave in Royal Oak. Hot rod folks will be coming here from all over the world to stroll down memory lane and strut they're stuff, or I should say rev it up. It's a fun time here in our area that culminates in the official Woodward Dream Cruise this coming weekend.....
I hope you enjoy my cruising music play list and that it brings back some joyful and groovy memories of your youth.....

CRUISING MUSIC........
Little GTO
Route 66
Maybellene
Mercury Blues
Mustang Sally
On the Road again
409
Little Deuce Coupe
Take It To The Limit
Crusin'
I Got A Name
Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
Follow Me
Country Road
Mr. Big Stuff
Pink Cadillac
Still Crusin
Fun, Fun, Fun
Hot Rod Lincoln
Groovin
Drive My Car
No Particular Place To Go
Green Onions
Ramblin Man

Aren't these some of the greatest cruising songs! I can remember driving around town, cruising with a bunch of my friends, listening to some of these songs on the radio. We would always wind up at Daley's drive in, and sometimes we would go there two, or three times a night. Those were the days before the I-Pod, cell phone, and computer. I can also remember walking in the park and listening to the latest invention, the transistor radio. Of course not all of these songs were from the sixties but they are all great cruising songs. What are some of your memories of cruising in the sixties. Gee, I wonder what happened to my poodle skirt and twist hat? Do you remember those? Can you think of any songs I may have missed.
I hope all of you have a beautiful day!
With warmest regards, Carol

12 comments:

Eileen said...

This was such a cute post, Carol! I love it! Your songs are great and I can't think of one thing to add! I love all those songs!
I remember when the guys in our group first started driving, and getting their own cars (or borrowing their Dad's!), and we would just drive and drive. It was fun! We would all pool our money for gas (which was cheap back then!), and fill the tank and just cruise around for hours. Cruising was an actual past time! We didn't use the car to get from one place to the other, the car WAS THE PLACE TO BE!
Fun post, Carol!
All the best,
Eileen

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

We lived in a small town in southwest Mo, the last couple of years I was in high school, this was a different town from the one I grew up in, about 60 miles north....cruising was a big deal. We called it "dragging Main" (Main Street). We went to June's Drive-in and the Horse Shoe Drive-in. After I was married and living away from the little town, we would always have to have one of June's Blueberry Milk Shakes, everytime we returned for a visit!

The music is the best!! Absolutely wonderful and it brings back memories of a different, most fabulous era.

A Stitch In Thyme said...

I love the song I got a name...

You forgot the one from smokey and the bandit... CONVOY!! :) I my gosh I was addicted to that song...

Blessings each day said...

It was nice cruising with you, Carol, but as for that poodle skirt...don't you think Charli would be jealous??? You'd better start looking for a schnauzer skirt instead!

Actually, Charli would look darling in a poodle skirt!!!

blessings and hugs,

marcy

Madeline's Album said...

I can not think of a song. I do remember the poodle skirts. I never did go cruising, that was after I graduated and got married. Have a great evening. Madeline

Just a little something from Judy said...

I called my husband in to read this post today. He is, and was into cruising and old cars. In fact, last week we attended an outstanding "Beach Boys" concert here in our county. They played all of their old songs,and some of the ones that you have listed. Two of the guys were the original Beach Boys, and the rest truly sounded like they were. It was such a great concert. What would make that summer memory even better would be if my husband could attend the event you posted about in your city. We both have wonderful cruising memories from our teenage years. Great post!!

Duchess of Tea said...

Darling, I just stopped by to let you know that I have returned and that I had a great time. I missed you too much to stay away longer!! Have a beautiful Monday.

Duchess xx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hi Carol! Great list of songs! I remember well the 60s music being our favorites for cruisin' down Whittier Blvd with the Mexican gang members or down Sunset Blvd with the surfers, listening to the Beach Boys....those were the days! Anita

MARIA said...

I'd like to invite you to my Birthday Party!
It will be
Tuesday 22-September!
(please, take comfortable shoes, we will be dance)

Have a wonderful day!
♥ Love & Blessings!

Maria
from Poland

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Yep! Cruising is fun... or is was in the day. LOL!

XO,

Sheila :-)

inspirações da Jô said...

Dear Carol,
I adored music and also I remembered the passed years, so good that they do not come back more!
Big Kisses!!!

Anne said...

What a great post and what great songs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails