Thursday, August 6, 2009

Dogs on Thursday......


Welcome to Dogs on Thursday, at http://dogsonthursday.blogspot.com/ This is a weekly post where dog lovers like myself get together to share stories and talk about their post precious little four legged friends. If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Dogs on Thursday web site........

Hello everyone! We hope all of you and your little friends have had a great week. These past few weeks have been incredibly busy here but we are truly enjoying our summer this year. Charli is especially enjoying hers. We now have a new neighbor puppy named Bo and Charli seems to be just fascinated with him. She likes to sit by the fence and listen for him or go out by the back fence in hopes of catching a glimpse.....

Even though our son gave us Charli as a gift, I found this poem the other day that reminded me of how blessed we are to have her. I thought today would be a good day to share it here with all of you.


"You can't buy loyalty, they say,
I bought it though, the other day;
You can't buy friendship, tried and true,
Well, just the same, I bought that too.
I made my bid, and on the spot
Bought love and faith and a whole job lot
Of happiness, so all in all
The purchase price was pretty small.
I bought a single, trusting heart,
That gave devotion from the start.
If you think these things are not for sale,
Buy a brown-eyed puppy with a stump for a tail."
-Author unknown-

Happy Dogs on Thursday everyone!.....
We hope all of you are having a lovely day ♥
With our warmest regards,

13 comments:

Martha Basset said...

What a lovely colourful blog! Thanks for visiting us - we like to meet new doggies and their humans - Charlie you look very pretty.
We liked your poem. We hope you have a great day too - we are happy you are having a good summer and making new friends.
love
Martha & Bailey xxx

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Beautiful poem!! Charli.. .you are loved little one.

My story for today for you. Matilda aka Tilly is our newest addition. She came from a horrible situation. SHe was penned up in 6'x9' pen all day for the the entire time her owners had her. She is a belgian malinois which in short means she is a protector. She was ignored, neglected, untrained and given up on.

We took her in a week ago today. She has for the firt time made eye contact with us and it's a big deal. She is grossly underweight and needs a ton of love. She is in training and has done well so far. She plays well with others and is a wonderful protector of our home, property, us and the other critters.

Matilda is lucky. She literally was due to be put to sleep the morning after we contacted the rescue. I told them what we were looking for and it was God sent. I told the rescue, "If you can get her to me, we'll save her and adopt her". The sweet young lady went 110 miles one way and then back, 220 total to bring this girl to us. I am so grateful for God working his spirit within us. For this moment in time we spoke up and were able to save this sweet girls life.

And... she saved us from sadness. This month will be the first anniversary of our loosing our most beloved Jazzmine. My honey thinks maybe she sent tilda to us. Maybe he's right, what do you think Charli?

Eileen said...

Such a sweet poem, Carol!
You are Blessed to have Charli and she's lucky to have you too!
My grandson is here asking me to go back to the doggie!
So we're off to view Charli again! Jayden really enjoys looking at her pictures!
All the best,
Eileen

Madeline's Album said...

Carol, what a lovely poem and Charli looks so cute. I am busy with entertaining my grandkids. They are having a ball in the pool. This is their first full day. Their 2 cousins came over and they all had a good time in the pool today. The ages of the ones that have come for a visit are Logan 8, Drake 6, Peyton 4, and Bryce 3. They will be here for 2 1/2 weeks. Have a great evening.

inspirações da Jô said...

Dear Carol,
Unhappily I don't have a dog, but I know that these beings are special and without a doubt, the best friend and the man's companion!! I adored his canine post today!!!!!! Kisses!!!!!

Anne said...

I just loved that poem. How sweet and true. Dogs are so loyal and they just want to be loved. ♥

Jerelene said...

Hi Carol!!
Charli is just so cute and sweet!!
You are very lucky to have her..
I wish I had time to take part in your Dogs on Thursday..I always post so much on our little doggies that I guess I wouldn't need to on Thursdays..Thanks for visiting me and leaving such sweet comments...I love having you as a friend!
Love, Jerelene

fiberdoodles said...

Lovely poem ~ Happy Dot!

Sharon

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

That is too sweet. I am crying! Charli is truly a blessing to you and us! She just has a twinkle in her eye that says more...she is so darn cute! What a lovely gift your son gave you! Blessings to all, Anita

prof en retraite said...

Hi Carol! What a sweet poem! I understand about being loved by fur babies! Have a wonderful weekend...hugs...Debbie

SmilingSally said...

Sweet poem. I hope that Charli enjoys another day with her new neighbor.

Channon said...

Great poem! Charli always looks so cute... I'm sure Bo likes catching a glimpse of her too!

Julie said...

Love this lime green outfit of Charli's - and love the poem. We have dogs on three sides of us. Gracie visits the dogs to the north and west, and barks at the golden doodle across the alley to the south. Maybe because she's never gotten a chance to go nose to nose with her (Daisy).

Related Posts with Thumbnails