Thursday, August 27, 2009

Dogs on Thursday......


Welcome to Dogs on Thursday at http://dogsonthursday.blogspot.com/
A weekly post where dog lovers like myself get together to share stories about their most precious little four legged friends. If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Dogs On Thursday web site........

Good afternoon everyone! I hope all of you as well as all of your sweet little furry friends have had a beautiful and fun filled week.......

Charli had quite a mishap last weekend that has left us both shaken to the core. As some of you already know we went to an air show party over the weekend. After much debate it was decided that Charli would remain home alone. We didn't think she would be able to handle all of the roar and thunder of the planes. She was quite upset and indignant when we first got back home but all was forgiven when we ordered a late night pizza to share with my brother and sister-in-law who were spending the night with us. You see Charli just loves turbo pizza crust. It's one of her very favorite treats. My brother and sister-in- law were amazed at how quickly Charli settled down when we told her we had ordered a pizza.......

The next day I discovered that I had left a bag with my house and car keys at our son Kurt's. My hubby told me not to worry. He said he and Charli would go pick them up for me. I already had plans to go see the play 'Rent' at a local theater that my cousin Jamie is directing. I was on my to the theater when I received a some what frantic call from my hubby....

Apparently, when my hubby got to Kurt's, he opened the car door, and Charli bolted out. She ran through the neighbors opened gate and promptly fell into they're in ground swimming pool. Luckily just about everyone who was at Kurt's and the neighbors saw it happen. We have recently discovered that Charli hates the water! She became so anxious when she fell in to the pool that she couldn't swim. She couldn't get out of the pool and was struggling to keep her head above the water. Kurt's neighbor reached her first, grabbed her by the scuff of the neck, and was able to pull her out. My hubby said Charli would not stop shaking and crying. Nobody could calm her down. Needless to say, I turned right around and drove back home. Charli was already at home by the time I got there. My hubby said she kept pacing up and down the hall looking for me. When she saw me she yelped and yapped for ten minutes streight. It was almost like she was telling me about everything that had happened to her while I was away. I kept telling her everything was OK now. I cleaned her up and wrapped her in one of her favorite blankets. She would not leave my lap for the rest of the evening, and if I tried to put her down, she followed me every where I went. I have made up my mind right then and there that Charli will never ever go near an in ground pool again unless I am with her....

My cousin Margie sent me the following link last week. It's about GOD and dog. I thought all of you who love dogs might enjoy seeing it. Just scroll down and click off the music on my playlist. Then enjoy. It's sure to warm your heart :>)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H17edn_RZoY



Happy Dogs On Thursday everyone!....
I hope you have a wonderful week ♥
With warmest regards,

12 comments:

Marjie said...

Well, Charli, we're so sorry you had a scare. It's lucky the nice man was there to save you. And of course you had the right to be upset when Mommy wasn't home to comfort you. Next time, maybe Daddy should have a leash on himself, clipped to you, so you can keep track of him and he'll have to follow you to the neighbor's yard?

inspirações da Jô said...

Dear Carol,
The video is same very beautiful!!!!!!!The dogs are very special!!!!! Great kiss and a great Friday!!!!

Blessings each day said...

What a scare! Out TinkaBelle went into a neighbor's pool and scared us half to death as she can't swim either! Michael and I ran to the pool and he pulled her out, but I know we were more shaken than she was. We won't even let her play in that yard anymore.

Most people think all dogs can swim and do not watch them, so this is a BIG warning to NOT assume that your dog or any dog knows how to swim!!!

I even read a story about a man whose friend threw his dog into a lake even after the guy said he couldn't swim. The friend didn't believe him but the dog just sank to the bottom, so the owner jumped in and rescued the dog from the shallower part of the lake (fortunately).

blessings and hugs,

marcy

Queenmothermamaw said...

Boy I bet that was a horrific experience for Charli. Thank goodness everything is alright.
QMM

Just a little something from Judy said...

That is certainly one of the most interesting stories about a dog and the ones he loves most. How scared Charli must have been, and how sweet that it was like he was trying to tell you all about it when you walked in the door. I am amazed at how much personality and feelings Charli has. So thankful that he is okay. Great post!

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Oh Charli... the fright you give your momo and popo.... poor baby.

My story for today will be about abby. This is the serverely neglected/abused brindle girl. Today, she tried to play with Oscar & she picked up a nyla bone again. THis is good. She literally does not know how to play with the dogs and it is so sad to watch. Breaks my heart. But she took a positive step today.

ceekay said...

Charli - I am so sorry you had such a scare. I am sure mommy and daddy are doing their best to make you feel safe again.
My Bentley boy can find himself in some situations too...he always wants momma to make it better!

Eileen said...

Poor, poor Charli! Poor Carol! And your poor husband! I'm sure that was one phone call he absolutely hated making to you!

I do love how attached Charli is to you, and I love how she was telling you the story, and how she didn't want to leave you.

I hope she recovers quickly! Give her an extra hug for me!
Love,
Eileen

Channon said...

Oh goodness! I'm so sorry all of you had to go through that, but I'm glad it had a happy ending. Three cheers for the nice man with the quick grab.

Madeline's Album said...

This is one reason we have a six foot fence around our ingound pool, and to keep children out. Glad Charli is ok. Madeline

Julie said...

Oh, poor Charli! Give her a kiss and hug from me, will you? A dog who doesn't like water - that's rare.

Gracie's in heat. Oh Joy.

Neabear said...

Oh my goodness, poor Charlie. Interesting how it seemed she had to tell you all about it. I am glad she is okay now. I had just seen this video on another blog today. Strange how I have seen it twice now today. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails