Saturday, August 29, 2009

God bless our teachers!.......


I received the following e-mail last year and posted it here on my blog. With a new school year beginning for some teachers already, and fastly approaching for others, I wanted to post it again........

There's nothing like the truth is there?.........

After being interviewed by the school administration, the teaching prospect said "Let me see if I've got this right:

You want me to go into that room with all those kids, correct their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse, monitor their dress habits, censor their T-shirt messages, and instill in them a love for learning. You want me to check their backpacks for weapons, wage war on drugs and sexually-transmitted diseases, and raise their sense of self esteem and personal pride. You want me to teach them patriotism, good citizenship, sportsmanship, fair play, how to register to vote, balance a checkbook, and apply for a job.

You want me to check their heads for lice, recognize signs of anti social behavior, and make sure that they pass the state exams. You want me to provide them with equal education regardless of their handicaps and communicate regularly with their parents by letter, telephone, newsletter, and report card. You want me to do all of this with a piece of chalk, blackboard, a bulletin board, a few books, a big smile, and a starting salary that qualifies me for food stamps. You want me to do all of this and then you tell me... I Can't Pray?"

Charli and Me appreciates and values all of our teachers here in blogland. We know how hard you work. Best of luck as you begin another school year and thank you for the wonderful job you do! God bless you ♥

With warmest regards, Carol

13 comments:

Sandy said...

Your "jukebox" is play Heat Wave by Martha and the Vandellas... one of my all-time favorites! Awesome!!

Sandy said...

p.s. Come by my spot tomorrow and I will have something for you on my blog. Hugs!

inspirações da Jô said...

Dear Carol,
It really is a most beautiful of professions and also the most difficult to not be recognized by their merit !!!!!!!! God bless all these people so special !!!!! Big Kiss!! !

Eileen said...

AMEN!!
I love this post!
All the best,
Eileen

Just a little something from Judy said...

So important to take time to recognize and appreciate our teachers. You seem to think of doing the kindest things. No wonder Charli loves you so much! I think they are truly a special group of people, and I am glad you shared this post.

Carol said...

As a retired teacher I really appreciate your great post. You covered all the bases!

Hugs,
Carol

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh my dear friends, thank you for recognizing what we do. I am a teacher, and I start with the kids on Sept. 8, but tomorrow, I go back for a week of meetings. I really thank you for posting this, because what we are asked to do is sometimes beyond reason, but, in the end, love wins over and somehow the Grace of God gives us the ability to at least try to touch on some of these issues! God bless you and the sweet little lady, Charli. We are having a matinée today of act 3, so come on over when you can!!! Bisous, Anita

Madeline's Album said...

What a great post and so true. My prayer will be with all teachers.

marcy said...

We even pray for the teachers at our church when schools open here and the Good Lord knows they need it all!

blessings and hugs,

marcy

sunshine said...

My kids go back next week to school.
I truly appreciate all that the teachers do for my kids. :)
They look after them well while I'm not there with them.
((Hugs))
laura

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Carol! Charli! You two were stunning in your Chanel gowns!!! Balzac spotted you both in the front row. Thank you Carol for such lovely comments...I do wish my momma and dad were alive to see me working as a teacher; they would be proud however, my dad would be wondering why I didn't teach Spanish, being Spanish, you know!!! God bless your week, Anita

A.Marie said...

LOL. I am a teacher and I really appreciate this post. I have to get out and start my back to school shopping tomorrow.

Vee said...

I love that! And I needed it back in the days when I was teaching. Have spent some nice time getting caught up here a little bit...loved the post about going back to school and your grandson's being all ready with new supplies. Congrats on your awards, too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails