Friday, August 21, 2009

Hopeful Friday.....


Welcome to Hopeful Friday, hosted by my friend Cielo, at http://houseinroses.blogspot.com/ This is a weekly post dedicated to positive thoughts and inspirational messages. It is a place to celebrate GOD! Thank you Cielo for hosting such a lovely post! If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Hopeful Friday web site..........


'Don't Let The World Define You'

"A little criticism makes me angry, and a little rejection makes me depressed. A little praise raises my spirits, and a little success excites me. It takes very little to raise me up or trust me down. Often I am like a small boat on the ocean, completely at the mercy of it's waves. All the time and energy I spend in keeping some kind of balance and preventing myself from being tipped over and drowning shows my life is mostly a struggle of survival: not a holy struggle, but an anxious struggle resulting from the mistaken idea that it is the world that defines me."
-Henri J. M. Nouwen-
in The Return Of The Prodigal Son

Happy Hopeful Friday everyone!...
Peace be with all of you ♥
I hope all of you have a beautiful day!.....
Thank you for your friendship and for all of the lovely comments you leave here on my blog ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

16 comments:

Eileen said...

Oh, Carol, I enjoyed reading this so much, it was like you were defining me! I could have written those exact words about myself! Why do some of us let the world define us so much?

Very thought-provoking!

I always enjoy coming here and reading your posts!
There are blogs I look forward to reading and I'm so happy to see if they've posted new and yours is one of them!
Take care!
Love, Eileen

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest Carol,
this message is sooo true. I wish I could remember this when I am feeling that my boat is being rocked by my inability to not care about popularity or fitting in with the world's definition of successful or perfection! But really, we know better, don't we? Thank you for this sobering reminder. Give the little fuzzy miss a hug and the curtain will wait for you both to arrive!!! Fondly, Anita

SmilingSally said...

The Prodigal Son is one of my favorite Bible stories because it shows the forgiving love of God.

Barb said...

Hi Carol,

Very true. It is hard to run your own race and not let the world define you but it is much sweeter.

Give Charli a big old hug from Tommy and I.

Have a blessed weekend.

hugs,
Barb

Blessings each day said...

I busy reading that quote and wondering who wrote it and it was so gratifying to see it was the famous Henri Nouwen! If that man struggled, how encouraging for the rest of us when we let our boats flounder around!

Thank you for this encouraging quote!

Give little cutie pie Charli a hug and kiss for me!

blessings and hugs,

marcy

MARIA said...

Good Morning Dear Carol!
My goodness! Very inspiring thoughts!
It is so good to start day reading your words!
Thank you for encouraging me!

God bless!

A Stitch In Thyme said...

First my daughter was born to this song, Here comes the sun!!

I love your post today. I think there is a bit of everyman in this post.

Dog post: Ms. Sadie-mae is woman now! She did wonderfully with her spay and now must take it easy for 7-10 days. She was still in heat when she was spayed so it bit more entailed but she is fine and dandy.

Hugs
Tammy

Madeline's Album said...

Carol, I enjoyed this post very much. I wish you a great day and a great weekend. Madeline

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Have a wonderful weekend, Carol!

Shelia said...

Hi Carol. Love your scripture posts! I read you were taking a break - are you still breaking? :) I know we need to sometimes. I'm excited to see all you're doing to your house. You must be taking some wonderful vitamins with all that fall cleaning going on! Oh, that little precious Charli! We're still traveling and I'm having a fit missing my Chloe Dawn! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Queenmothermamaw said...

Dear Carol, thank you so much for your kind words. My daughter is home again, still some tubes in abdomen. She is slow get the gastro moving just right, but I believe she will make it now. thanks for all your prayers and comments. I loved your post today. I needed that.
QMM

prof en retraite said...

Hi Carol! Thanks for the inspirational and encouraging words! Happy weekend...Debie

inspirações da Jô said...

Loved friend Carol,
I want to express how beautiful was the message, and that touched me deeply in the heart, we are the boat on the ocean that is life, sometimes with calm waves and an hour with very high waves!! But ...
If God be for us, who can be against us? A strong hug and a bright weekend !!!!!!!

Mary said...

What a great post! Very true words...I emailed this to my granddaughter...there is so much peer pressure in school, and we never seem to grow out of it! Thanks for sharing this meaningful message! Mary

Jorgelina said...

Hi!
Very true.
Happy weekend.

Vee said...

What a great quote! Quite true of us lowly humans, too, but the answer is right there...we should not be defined by this world.

Related Posts with Thumbnails