Tuesday, August 25, 2009

R.I.P. IV.... It's that time of year again!......


R.I.P. IV... It's that time of year again!...

For the past four years Carl V, at http://www.stainlesssteeldroppings.com/ has been hosting a eerie reading challenge on his blog in the fall. The rules are quite simple. All you have to do is choose one, or several books to read in the mystery, suspense, thriller, dark fantasy, Gothic, horror, or supernatural category, link up, and then write a book review. All of the details can be found by clicking the above link here or on my side bar......



I have participated in this event for the last two years and find it to be loads of fun. These types of books are not ones I would normally choose to read. I find them to be much to anxiety provoking. It's difficult for me to even watch a movie pertaining to subject matter such as this much to my hubby's dismay. There I will be with a blanket over my head repeatedly asking him "Whats going on?" or "What's happening?" However, as most of you know who read my blog on a regular basis, I do like to occasionally read outside of the box or my comfort zone. With fall right around the corner, this is the perfect time of the year to scare the living heck out of myself.....

I have chosen 'Peril The Third' as my reading challenge which means I have from September first through October thirty first to read one scary, creepy, or spell binding book.....

I will be reading 'In For The Kill' by John Lutz. Even the cover of the book looks scary! It gives me the chills just thinking about it. What about you? Do you like to read these types of books? Would you like to read something hauntingly scary that you normally wouldn't read? If so, why not join Charli and Me for R.I.P. IV..........

With warmest regards, Carol

6 comments:

Eileen said...

Oh, Carol, more power to you!
I don't think I could do it!
That book cover is very scary!

I'm sitting downstairs now, alone in the dark except for the computer screen, and I'm shaking in my boots just from reading your post!
And now I'm going up to bed because I'm too scared to stay down here.
Good night!
Love, Eileen

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good evening Carol and Charli! Oh how fun this sounds! I sure would love to participate, but reality knocked on my door this evening; my adviser wants to know the status of my thesis rough draft! Truth is, since my husband came home from Africa, I haven't touched it!!! With school starting in two weeks and my having to take one more night course, I am going to be super busy. However, you are in my heart and mind, and I will always follow you two! I will be reading about behavior management....does that count for scary literature? I tell you, it can be!!!! Hugs to you and Miss Charli! Anita

Mary said...

Hi Carol, that looks so scary! I'm a big fraidy cat...can't be alone in the dark at all! Good think you have Charli there to scare off the bad guys! Let us know how it is!

Mary

Madeline's Album said...

I do not like scary books, give me a good mystery and I am happy. Have a good day. Madeline

Blessings each day said...

More power to you on scary books...this sissy baby can't handle scary books of movies.

Any time I pick up a scary book just to glance at it, I manage to open it to the worst part as in The Exorcist when my girlfriend's hubby was reading that and left it on their coffee table!!

But a good, ungory, no profanity, no sex gook mystery is wonderful.

blessings and hugs,

marcy

Just a little something from Judy said...

Quite honestly, I have enough trouble sleeping at night. I could not possibly read any books like that. You are such a well-rounded person. I like your courage and your sense of adventure. Let us know what you thought of the book when you are finished.

Related Posts with Thumbnails