Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tea and friendship Tuesday's..........


Welcome to Tea and friendship Tuesday's hosted by Charli and Me. This is a fun post that can be filled with pretty tablescapes, teapots, teacups, recipes, personal stories, poems, quotes, and interesting facts related to tea, friendship, or both. It is a place to share anything you would like with a friend. If you would like to join me, just grab a button, write your post, and then leave a coment here so my friends and I can pop over for a visit. Otherwise, thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you enjoy your time here........


"A new commandment I give unto you. That ye love one another as I have loved you"
-John 13:34-
As I have said before I have a very small home. When friends or family come over I sometimes like to set up a little buffet like the one I have here on my kitchen counter. Everyone grabs a napkin, takes a cup, pours some tea or coffee, and picks up some goodies. Then we go into the living room for a nice little chat. It's all very imformal but fun....

Today I made Pecan Date Cookies. I found the recipe in my 'Sothern Lady simply Southern' magazine. These are not sweet cookies. They are more like a scone type cookie. Everyone in my family who has had them seems to like them. I hope you do to...

Pecan Date Cookies
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup plus two tablespoons sugar, devided
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups pecans
2 1/2 chopped dates

Preheat oven to 325. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
In a sperate bowl, combine butter, 1 cup sugar, and brown sugar. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until well combined. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in pecans and dates. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. Bake 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool on pan for 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks, and cool completely.


My friend Marcy, at http://blessingseachday.blogspot.com/ gave me this beautiful award that I thought I would share with all of you. Thank you so much Marcy! I think your awe-summm ♥ If you haven't stopped by to visit Marcy yet, trust me you don't know what your missing. In addition to being kind and sweet, Marcy's posts are funny, witty, and informative. She is truly a wonderful bloggy friend!....

This award comes with a meme and the rules are as follows.....
List seven things that make you awe-summm!
Then pass it on to seven blogger's that you read religiously.
Quite honestly I found this meme very uncomfortable and hard to do. I've never been one to toot my own horn but if I can do this then so can all of you.
Therefore, I am passing this meme and lovely award on to all of my awesome friends here in blogland. It may take me some time to get there, and I may not leave a comment every day, but I value each and everyone of you and I do read all of your blogs religiously.
Now on to the meme.....
Well if I were to ask Charli what it is that makes me awe-summm she would say I'm awe-summm because I protect, play with her, and take her just about every where I go. She also likes the fact that I give her choices when she gets a treat. I will usually put three treats in my hand and she will chose the one she wants. She just loves it when I wrap her up in heated towels and fleese blankets. She absolutely adores the fact that I spoil her rotten.....
I asked my hubby if there was anything about me that made me an awe-summm person and he said the number one thing is that I'm kind :>) He said he loves that I'm an upbeat person who always takes care of everyone and is dependable.
When I asked my children if there was anything about me that was awe-summm, I got answers like, "Are you kidding me. Everything about you is awesome."
They did say that they liked that I'm a good listener and I was always there for them.
They said they like our traditions and values. They liked the crafts we did together and the fact that I got out and did things with them like play baseball. When my son's did something wrong or disruptive I made them write essays and then we always sat down and talked about them. Of course they didn't like that at the time but now that they look back on it they think it was awe-summm. They said they liked the fact that religion was very important in our home. They also liked being introduced to art, liturature, music, and plays. They said they liked the fact that I was never afraid to stand up for what I believe in. They also said they like the parties I throw and that I'm fun :>)
Well, I think that's seven. Now it's your turn. What makes you awe-summm? I would love to hear from you. Just pick up the award, write your meme, and then leave a comment here so my friends and I can pop over to visit.
Happy Tea and friendship Tuesday's everyone!
I hope all of you have an awe-summm and beautiful day ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

18 comments:

Shelia said...

Congratulations on your award! Now I love reading those scriptures this morning and I'll be over for tea! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Queenmothermamaw said...

I will definately try those cookies. I have been looking for a scone like recipe with nuts. I am going to take you up on that award and when you ready my post you will know why. Blessings
QMM

sunshine said...

I agree! You are Awesome! Haha.. I love that award. Neat.
Perhaps I'll try and do the meme later. Sounds like fun. I'll let you know if I do.

Those cookies sound so good. Even though your home is small it seems to be filled with love. I wish I lived closer so I could crash one of your parties!!
((Hugs))
Laura

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Well doesn't that sideboard/counter look loverly. I'll just pour a cup and grab a cookie...let's chat. I'll bring Cookie along so she and Charli can have some fun catching up on mini schnauzer talk.
Congrats on your award! Wahoo!

Anne said...

And your the best and AWESOME Mom-in-law!! I'm such a lucky girl to have you in my life! I wouldn't want anyone else for a mom-in-law then you!
Mom, I never knew you warmed up Charli's towels to warm her up, lol?! Mom your to funny with that pooch. She definitely has you wrapped around her baby paw, lol.
Your buffet counter looks great!
Happy Tea & Friendship Tuesday! Have a awesome summer day! Love you! ♥

Eileen said...

Great list! And you are awesome and you have an awesome blog! I enjoy coming here to visit!

Thanks for posting the recipe! And your home and style of entertaining is right up my alley! I love informal! And I love buffet style! And I love when people come to my home and feel that they can help themselves! It's just so comfortable to have that relationship with your guests.

Great post! You are a wonderful hostess!
All the best,
Eileen

Blessings each day said...

You did such a great job with this award Carol as I knew you would!

I LOVED hearing about all the ways you spoil precious little Charli...good work!

It was wonderful to hear your families beautiful comments for I already knew what a bleesing you were to them just from reading your sweet posts.

Your buffet table is not only gorgeous, but so inviting...you are just multi talented in incredible ways!

blessings and hugs,

marcy

Madeline's Album said...

Miss Charli has the best mommy of all. She is such a cute dog I can see how you spoil her. The cookie recipe sounds great I am going to have try it. Thank you for your visit to my blog and you and Charli have a great Tea and Friendship Tuesday. Madeline

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I would have to agree with your hubby and Charli... you are definitely awesome in my book, Carol!

And so is that recipe. YUM!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Duchess of Tea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Duchess of Tea said...

Good morning darling, nice post for this beautiful Tuesday morning, mine is up and running too.

Duchess xx

Duchess of Tea said...

Congratulations darling on your award. Well deserved, your blog is amazing. Enjoy it and your day.

Duchess xx

Shelley said...

Whenever I have a cup of tea - I think of you and your lovely tea parties! :-) That cookie recipe sounds wonderful! And congrats on your award - your children are obviously well aware what a lovely person you are!!! :-)

A Stitch In Thyme said...

congratulations on your award. Your awesome because you fill our hearts and minds with your post every single day and you charli so lovingly!!

Just a little something from Judy said...

There are so many thoughts running through my head as I sit here to write this comment. The first thing I thought about is how much fun it would be to help myself to cookies and coffee at your counter and then walk into your living room and have fun talking. The Pecan Date cookies look like they would be so delicious, especially since you said they were not real sweet. As for Marcy's award, I think you truly do deserve it. Your blog is so enjoyable and uplifting. I appreciated what you shared from your family on you being awesome. The thing that struck me the most on this post, was the amazingly kind comment from your daughter-in-law in the comment section. I can't help think that every mother-in-law alive, would love to have her daughter-in-law think that of them. A very sweet tribute to you.

Aayden and Aarons Mommy said...

Everything about you is AWESOME! <3 I love you sooo much. You are the best Grandma around. :)

Charli and me said...

Thank you everyone for the sweet and lovely comments you have left here. I'm overwhelmed with all of your kindbess.

Neabear said...

I love all the comments from you family on why they think you are awesome. You raised a good family and married a good man. And to boot, your daughter-in-love thinks you are wonderful too.

I think you are wonderful too. I am glad to have met you through blogland here. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails