Friday, September 25, 2009

Hopeful Friday.......


Good afternoon and welcome to Hopeful Friday, a post filled with positive thoughts and inspirational messages. It is a place to celebrate God! If you would like to join me, just pick up a button, write your post, and leave a comment here. That way my dear friends and I can pop over for a visit. Otherwise, thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you enjoy your times here.........


I would like to share part of an e-mail with all of you that I received from my dear friend Sandy recently. It's called 'Bible vs Cell Phone'
Ever wonder what would happen if we treated out bibles like we treat our cell phones?
What if we carried them around in our pockets or purses?
What if we flipped through it several times a day?
What if we returned back to go if we forgot it?
What if we used it to receive messages from the text?
What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?
What if we gave it to kids as gifts?
What if we used it when we traveled?
What if we used it in case of an emergency?
This is something to make you go.....hmm... where is my bible?
Oh, and one more thing, unlike our cell phone, we don't have to worry about our bible being disconnected because Jesus already payed the bill. And we would never have to worry about a dropped call again.
I really liked this e-mail...... It made me stop and think about my own priorities.......
I hope all of you have a beautiful and blessed day!......
Peace be with all of you ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

8 comments:

Eileen said...

Great post!
But unfortunately for me I have been treating both my cell phone and my Bible the same. My cell phone is either left in the charger while I am out (and no one can get in touch with me), or I forget all about it in a purse somewhere and the battery is almost always dead. I actually hate the cell phone and feel that I do very well without it, I'm not one of those people that feels I need to be 'in touch' every minute of my life.
BUT my Bible on the other hand, I miss not having more of a 'relationship' with that! And I'm trying hard to change that aspect of my life now.
Thanks, Carol!
Love,
Eileen

Madeline's Album said...

This was a very good post. Makes one think. Have a great evening and a wonderful weekend. Madeline

Wanda said...

Thanks for your visit earlier today...your post does make one stop and think!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

WOW! ain't that the truth? Oh how our society is really being pulled by the nose with all of our toys...the most valuable gift of all is left to collect dust. Oh God help us. I love my bible, it is in French by the way! I want to take some time to read it early tomorrow. Thank you Carol, for sharing this truth!!! Give Charli a squeeze!! Anita

Queenmothermamaw said...

Oh wow that was great. I like that idea and wow the kids don't even know what they are missing.
QMM

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Carol! Please visit Cathy at her blog to catch a most touching Youtube:

http://bit-of-blarney.blogspot.com/

It spells Charli all over the place! God bless you my friend! Anita

Neabear said...

Wow! Good post. Definitely makes you think. Thanks for sharing.

GrandmaK said...

Many thanks for your visit! I appreciate you comment.

I did enjoy your post. I have received this email myself and thought how wonderful it would be if we all did, indeed, treat our bible as if it were a cell phone. Thank you again and I too will be visiting. Cathy

Related Posts with Thumbnails