Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tea and friendship Tuesday's.........


Welcome to Tea and friendship Tuesday's hosted by Charli and Me. This is a fun post that can be filled with pretty tablescapes, teapots, teacups, recipes, poems, personal stories, quotes, and interesting facts related to tea, friendship, or both. It is a place to share anything you would like with a friend! If you would like to join me, just pick up a button, write your post, and then leave a comment here so my dear friends can pop over for a visit. Otherwise, thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you enjoy your time here..........




"I get by with a little help from my friends."
-John Lennon-

Did you know that there has been a theatrical production going on right here in blog land? That's right! As many of you know who stop by often, Charli and Me are avid supporters of the fine arts and especially the theater. My dear friend Anita, at http://wwwcastlescrownscottages.blogspot.com/ has written and produced an amazing play called 'Good Night Sweet Prince' staring the illustrious, brave, and very handsome terrier Monsieur Balzac. Bonnie, who is one of our fellow blogger's has assisted in writing the final act. It has been playing at the 'Le Petit Theatre De Chimeres' right here in blog land. It's not to late to stop by and visit the archives on Anita's blog to follow this wonderful play. Charli and I absolutely love it! Therefore, we are nominating Anita and Monsieur Balzac for a blog land Tony Award. Please stop by and I'm sure you will agree that it is much deserved. Thank you Anita for producing such a wonderful and outstanding play!.......


Recently I found a wonderful recipe in 'Harvest Baking' that I would like to share with all of you. It's not only delicious, but also healthy because it's chock full of nutrients and fiber....
FALL HARVEST MUFFINS
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup uncooked quick or old-fashioned oatmeal
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 medium (2 cups) apples, pealed, cored, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
1 1/2 cup grated carrots (You can buy the pre-shredded)
3/4 cups dried cherries, coarsely chopped
1/4 cups chopped walnuts or pecans
3 eggs
1/2 cup Land O Lakes butter, melted
1/2 cup applesauce
2 teaspoons vanilla
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place paper baking cups into 18 muffin pan cups or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Combine flour, sugar, oatmeal, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in large bowl. Add apples, carrots, dried cherries, and nuts. Stir until well mixed.
Beat eggs in medium bowl with a wire whisk. Stir in melted butter, applesauce, and vanilla. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir until just moistened.
Evenly divide batter among muffin cups. Bake 18 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes and then place on a cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Let me put on the coffee and tea. I'm so excited for all of you to try one of these.....
Happy Tea and friendship Tuesday everyone!
I hope you have a wonderful day ♥
Thank you so much for all of the kind comments you leave on my blog.......
With warmest regards, Carol

14 comments:

Eileen said...

Thanks for the information on the play and thanks for the recipe too!
I'm going to copy and paste it now.

Also, many thanks for your kind comments to me on my post. I appreciate it!

Have a great day!
Love,
Eileen

sunshine said...

Mmmm! Those muffins sound yummy! I love me some muffins. Especially at this time of year. :)
((Hugs))
Laura

Madeline's Album said...

The muffin recipe sounds great. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Thank you also for visiting my blog and your kind comments. Give Charli and big hug from me. Have a great day. Madeline

Rosezilla said...

Yum! Do these get moist, too? The play sounds cute, I'll have to pop over there some day soon. Right now i have to get ready for Bible study - my favorite book, John!

Duchess of Tea said...

Darling, please visit my cottage and tell me if you approve of my post.

Love & Hugs

Duchess

Just a little something from Judy said...

This recipe looks like one I know my family would like. It is chock full of all of our favorite things, especially in the Fall of the year. Thank you to both of you for taking the time to share it with us.

SmilingSally said...

Um, those muffins sound good, even with my 90ยบ temperature.

Shelley said...

Once I saw all the ingredients in those muffins - I knew they were for me!! Thank you for posting!!

Scout says to say hello to Charli and wants to know what her halloween costume will be this year. Scout hasn't decided yet...

mythoughtsmyvoice said...

Hello Carol!

I didn't get a chance to visit earlier as I slept early LOL Oh you know, with timezones and all.

HHHmmmm a Tony award here in blogland. I think that would be a first too!

Love the muffins. I'm always a little scared when it comes to baking. I did once and the edges were burned! (although the parts I salvaged were still yummy) :-)And so what you saw in my post was just steaming :-)But I'm not losing hope though. Cause see, every time I get to see yummy recipes like these muffins - makes me real sad as I can't make them. Love how they look in the basket.

You are ready for Fall - as is your blog! What a makeover. I like it.

Mizpah,
Li

(good to see comp problem was fixed!)

Riet said...

Hi. Today is Wednesday so I am a day late for yout tea and friendship Wednesday. I might join you next week
Have a good day.
Riet, The Netherlands

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OHHHH!!! Carol! I am so honored! Thank you Carol and Charli for such a wonderful tribute! I was working late last night and missed this wonderful post! THANK YOU! I WILL POST THIS AWARD ON SATURDAY! Hugs to both of you, and I must try that muffin recipe; what great ingredients! Bisous, Anita

karen said...

thanks for visiting my blog. Yours is great. I love muffins will have to make some.
http://alzheimersandmomblog.blogspot.com/

JG said...

Those muffins look sooo yummy! Oatmeal, carrots and applesauce & cinnamon... thank you for the recipe!

Micki said...

Thanks so much for the recipe. It was a lovely post!
Micki

Related Posts with Thumbnails