Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tea and friendship Tuesday's.........


Welcome to Tea and friendship Tuesday's hosted by Charli and Me. This is a fun post that can be filled with pretty tablescapes, teapots, teacups, recipes, poems, personal stories, quotes, and interesting facts related to tea, friendship, or both. It is a place to share any thing you would like with a friend! If you would like to join me, just pick up a button, write your post, and then leave a comment here so my dear friends and I can pop over for a visit. Otherwise, thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you enjoy your time here......

"In nothing more is the English genius for domesticity more notably declared than in the institution of this festival-almost one may call it-of afternoon tea.... The mere chink of cups and saucers tunes the mind to happy repose."
-George Gissing-
The Private papers Of Henry Ryecroft

I'm running a little late today because I was visiting with some friends. You know I never post ahead. I really should start doing that. Anyway, never miss a opportunity to visit with a friend. To me it's like going to a grand and festive party on a week day........

I found this wonderful little recipe for Granola Bars in my Good Housekeeping Magazine and I decided to try them. They are really quite easy to make as well as very nutritious. In addition to that, they are also cost effective. I think they would be quite delicious with a nice cup of steeping hot tea or coffee. You can also give this recipe your own special touch by adding some of your favorite things like raisins, coconut, and chocolate........
2 cups old-fashioned oats
3/4 cup toasted wheat germ
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cups dried cranberries
2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 large egg whites
Preheat oven to 325. Spray a 13 by 9 inch baking pan with a non stick cooking spray. Line the pan with foil, with the ends extending 2 inches over the short sides of the pan. Spray the foil.
In a glass pie plate, spread oats, and microwave on high. Do one minute increments, 4 or 5 minutes or until fragrant and golden, stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature.
In a large bowl combine oats, wheat germ, walnuts, cranberries, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in honey, oil, and egg whites until well mixed. Transfer to the prepared pan. Using a wet hand, press into a even layer.
Bake 32 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan.
Transfer to a cutting board. Cut lengthwise into 6 strips, then cut each strip crosswise into thirds. Store in a tightly sealed container at room temperature up to one week, or in a freezer for up to one month.
Since I was appealing to the younger crowd, I decided to store my granola in zip lock bags and then festive looking boxes.......






All of my special taste testers gave me a thumbs up on this recipe.
I hope all of you have a beautiful and blessed day♥
Happy Tea and friendship Tuesday everyone!......
With warmest regards, Carol

19 comments:

inspirações da Jô said...

Dear Carol,
That writes recipe tastier, the cookies are really delicious!!!!!!!With a tea, he/she doesn't have anything better!!!!!!! A sweet week for you and affectionate hug!!!!!

Queenmothermamaw said...

They look good.
QMM

Eileen said...

Nice recipe, and I like that you can add whatever your heart (or taste buds/appetite) desires!
I love your little Halloween cartons too! Very cute!

And I so agree with you about visiting with friends! It's invigorating!
And so is visiting here!
Another great post!
All the best,
Eileen

Madeline's Album said...

Your cookie look so good and thanks for sharing your recipe. I love the Halloween boxes. I too am late in posting my Tea and Friendship post. Thank you for your visit and kind comment to my last post. Have a great evening. Madeline

Mary said...

That looks like a great recipe...I'm trying to make more nutritous snacks for my family, so I hope this one will be a favorite. I keep wanting to post for Tea and friendship as well as Tea Things Tuesday, and hope to remember next week. I just had some friends over this morning, too, for tea and a scone...should have taken a picture for my blog. Thanks for such a great blog to visit!

God bless,
Mary

Brenda Eason said...

They look yummy. I will be at your house Halloween =)

Blessings each day said...

As much as I lovee to bake I have never thought of making my own granola bars...what a great idea. Thank you, Carol.

Your blog site is just so cute with all the Fall/Halloween decorations!

blessings and hugs,

marcy

Anne said...

Mom, these were very delicious. Hubby keeps asking me to make them and I think I will. Thanks for the recipe. It looks really easy to make which is my kind of baking. =)

Shelley said...

That granola bar recipe sounds great! I love cranberry and walnut so know I'll like this especially. Love those cute little halloween boxes - that would be so nice to receive a treat in those! Has Charli decided on a halloween costume yet? :-)

Just a little something from Judy said...

Anything with cranberries and walnuts has to be good in my book. Another special recipe try for my family. Those little Halloween boxes are adorable.

Hope you had a good Tuesday.

MARIA said...

Greetings from Canada to you my dear friend!

♥ Love & Blessings!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hello precious friends,
I feel the same way about tea; the sound of the liquid pouring, the scent, the sounds, oh...all so warm and enchanting not to mention the edible goodies you provide!!! Anita

SmilingSally said...

They sure look good.

If you get a chance, stop by and see the update on my house.

sunshine said...

I'm trying those bars! Great stuff for the kids snacks!
Thanks Carol!!!

((Hugs))
laura

Micki said...

The recipe looks yummy, and thanks for it!
Micki

Duchess of Tea said...

Lovely post my darling.

Duchess

JG said...

The Granola Bars look delicious! Cooking with oats and egg whites is great! Thank you for the recipe!

Rosezilla said...

These do sound very good. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Are they chewy or crunchy?

Susie Q said...

This recipe looks just so yummy! I copied it down to try!
Visiting with friends, in town or via blogs is always sweet! : )
Love,
Sue

Related Posts with Thumbnails