Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tea and friendship Tuesday's..........


Welcome to Tea and friendship Tuesday's, hosted by Charli and Me. This is a fun post that can be filled with pretty tablescapes, teapots, teacups, recipes, poems, personal stories, quotes, and interesting facts related to tea, friendship, or both. It's a place to share anything you would like with a friend! If you would like to join me, just pick up a button, write your post, and then leave a comment here so my friends and I can pop over for a visit. Otherwise, thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your time here........



"The beauty of the written word is that it can be held close to the heart and read over and over again."
-Florence Littauer-
I wanted to share two lovely awards I received recently with all of you. The first one comes from my friend Zetor at
http://zetor-mogsblog.blogspot.com/
This is what Zetor had to say......
"I am passing this award onto a lady who writes an interesting and uplifting blog. Her posts are varied, ranging from the antics of her little dog to an Air Show(see today's post) so the award goes to Carol who writes under the title of Charli and Me." Thank you from the bottom of my heart Zetor!....
I would like to encourage all of you to stop by and visit with my friend Zetor. She has an amazing blog where she writes about all of the books she loves, her family, and every day life on her farm. I hope you will stop by to visit her especially today. She needs all of our support. You see I've just found out this morning that her father-in-law has passed away. Again, Zetor I am so very sorry to hear of this news. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.......



This second award comes from my dear friend Sandy, at http://curlyscorner-sandy.blogspot.com/ It was through her encouragement that I started my own blog. Sandy has a wonderful and charming blog where she posts interesting things she finds in the news, in e-mails, or reads about in other places. She also shares beautiful stories about her family. Thank you for this lovely award Sandy! I feel exactly the same way about your blog so I am passing it right back to you........
I am also a fan of all of the lovely friend's who visit here so I would like to pass this charming award on to all of you. Please except it in the spirit of friendship ♥ All of you have beautiful, creative, and interesting blogs! You are all very special to me ♥ Each and everyone of you definitely deserves this sweet award.......
And now I would like to leave you with a poem........

"The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze."
-John Updike, September-
Happy Tea and friendship Tuesday everyone!.......
Happy September!.......
I hope all of you have a lovely and blessed day ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

8 comments:

Madeline's Album said...

Congratulations on your awards. I love the poem. Happy Tea and Friendship Tuesday.

inspirações da Jô said...

Dear Carol,
Is always a delicacy to share of that virtual tea, I adored the sentence on the words and also for seeing her award that is very beautiful!!!!!!!!You alway deserve a lot of love and affection, for that that is so dear!!!!!! Kisses and a wonderful Tuesday!!!!!

Eileen said...

Congratulations, Carol! You deserve the awards and I agree with the sentiments!
Beautiful poem!
Beautiful Carol!
Love,
Eileen

Queenmothermamaw said...

Congratulations on your awards. That is great to know someone enjoys what you write.
QMM

Rosezilla said...

Hello, I love your little fall poem! Congrats on your awards, you earned them! I've been gone a while, so I thought I'd come by to say hello.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Carol, you are so deserving of the best awards! Your faith and friendly personality lift my spirits every time. And the element of that darling Charli just finishes off your blog world so perfectly! You are well loved my dearest, by everyone that crosses your path. God bless, Anita

Aayden and Aarons Mommy said...

I love John Updike! <3

Jerelene said...

Hi Carol! Congrats on the awards..you are very deserving!!
I loved the poem and the pic of the mums...
Hope your weather is as beautiful as ours has been here :)
Love, Jerelene

Related Posts with Thumbnails