Sunday, October 25, 2009

Blue Monday.......... And some Halloween fun!.....


Welcome to Blue Monday, hosted by my friend Sally, at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/ This is a weekly post where some of us blogger's get together to share something blue. Thank you Sally for hosting this fun event! If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Blue Monday web site......
Good morning everyone! It seems that I am running into a little difficulty finding something blue to post and especially this time of year when everything is sooo black, orange, and brown.

This past weekend we had a family get together and one of the things I served was a vegetable tray. Look closely.... Do you see that creepy spider crawling on my vegetables? Well, he has a very scary bluish-green ring on his eerie little body. Does that count?.......



How about some cookies? I know they aren't blue but they are good........








This is a great gift I received recently. I love the witches brew label? I think I will keep it and set it out every year. Do you think witches brew ages in the same way fine wines do?









Halloween slippers are fun but where is the blue?
I love to make cinnamon sugar almonds around Halloween and Christmas. Yummy! They are so good! Here they are sitting in a pumpkin patch.









Well, what have we here? It's Sofie all dressed up in her Tinker bell costume! Doesn't she look pretty? Charli just loves it when Sofie and Peeper come over as long as they don't forget who's the boss. Sofie and Peeper follow Charli where ever she goes. They are so cute together. And what a pack of little moochers they are!








A fun condiment tray for a October evening.















This is my Halloween spatula. Scary huh? I use a crepe ladle for cupcakes. They turn out the perfect size every time.















My mom's 'Happy Face' cupcakes. A simple Halloween tradition, but oh so meaningful! My mom made these silly little cup cakes for all of our Halloween school parties and we always had them after trick-o-treating on Halloween. Every year I made them for my children and grandchildren. It just wouldn't be Halloween without them.













And I added some blue eyes especially for Blue Monday! LOL
video
Since Halloween will be over the next time we get together for a Blue Monday post I have left you with a video of the witch that resides in our house. I must warn you though that she is quite the character and can be very scary indeed!....
HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone!.....
Happy Blue Monday!......
I hope you have a wonderful day ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

22 comments:

Susie said...

Nice post! Looks like you're ready for a bewitching Halloween!

SmilingSally said...

You've managed to tuck in some bits of blue. LOL Thanks for sharing, and Happy Blue Monday!

Joops said...

Very spooky BM entry, nice one!

Please join me in chasing fun with my son for Blue Monday!

Cindy said...

Like your post. Very lovely decorations.
cindy

Deb said...

what a fun party...love the cupcakes....the witches brew...

Madeline's Album said...

Wow!!Lots of goodies they all look delicious. I bet you all had a good time. Happy Blue Monday. Hope your week will be a good one. Madeline

chubskulit said...

Love those cookies!

Here's my first Blue Monday entry.

Knitty said...

Love your decor and entry. We had a motion activated "picture" with a 3-D face draped in black that popped out at you. This was my son's idea of fun. It turned funny when he forgot to turn it off one night and scared himself in the middle of the night!

Eileen said...

Great post!
Great music!

You're all set for Halloween! I love all your decorations and your entertaining ideas, and the slippers! And I love the idea of the cupcakes! I think I'll make some for Jayden Saturday morning so he can enjoy them after he goes trick-or-treating, that will be a nice tradition! Thanks, Carol!

I wish I could make them for his school party this week too, but there is now a ban on home made goods at school! Sad how things have to change.

Happy Blue Monday!
Love,
Eileen

LV said...

I am sure everyone had a great time at your party. You know how to do it right. You found enough blues for today showing. It is hard finding various colors.

Fifi Flowers said...

Love all the treats... dog in costume is FAB!!!

Mary said...

Everything in your post today is delightful. I hope you are having a great Blue Monday.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Awwww Tinkerbelle stole the show! So cute! I wish I ahd one fo ryour cookies or cupcakes right now to have with my cup of tea!

Happy Blue Monday!

Marice said...

nice photos! those cuppies looks yummy :)

u may view mine if u have time

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

What fun halloween things!

Have a great day!

Just a little something from Judy said...

I look forward to your "Blue Monday" presentations. I like the spider idea on the relish tray, and I would like the recipe for the almonds.

Charli probably likes the witch, or she would be barking like crazy. Happy Blue Monday to you!

bj said...

boooooooooooo
xo bj

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Carol! No blue today, but the halloween fun is so charming! The cookies, the treats, it all reminds me of my mom how used to bake for every holiday. Thank you for this trip down memory lane! AND SOFIE! WHO IS SHE? WHERE IS CHARLI in her costume!? Have a fun, fun week my dearest! Anita

Blessings each day said...

Carol, do you ever hold still? You are so creative and you seem to find the time to bake a bazillion things, all of which look lovely and yummy. Your decorations are so cute.

Too bad Charli didn't get in on the pictures, especially with Sophie.

blessings and hugs,

marcy

Deborah said...

Your Halloween decorations and cookies look like so much fun.Looks like you are all set for Halloween. Happy Belated Blue Monday.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Carol... just wanted to drop by and wish you a Happy Blue Monday. I got interrupted from possting earlier, but I'm back and saying, "HI!"

The visiting dog looks adorable in her sweet little costume. Just SO cute.

Love to you...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Sue said...

Would Charli like to join us for our collection of Halloween costume pictures on
http://dogs-n-more.blogspot.com

We'll be posting them this weekend and she is always so well dressed. Just let me know and I'll pull her picture onto the blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails