Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tea and friendship Tuesday's.........


Good morning everyone and welcome to Tea and friendship Tuesday's hosted by Charli and Me. This is a fun post that can be filled with pretty tablescapes, teapots, recipes, poems, personal stories, quotes, and interesting facts related to tea, friendship, or both. It is a post to share anything you would like with a friend! If you would like to join me, just pick up a button, write your post, and then leave a comment here so my dear friend's and I can pop over for a visit. Otherwise, thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you enjoy your time here........




Don't you just love this pretty little friendship button? It was sent to me via an e-mail from my dear friend Sandy, at http://curlyscorner-sandy.blogspot.com/
Thank you so much Sandy!
In the spirit of friendship I would like to offer this lovely button to all of you. That's right! I hope you will accept this little button from me and share it with all of your friends because after all "Friend's make the world go round!"


The e-mail also included this lovely poem .........
"If I could catch a rainbow
I would do it just for you
And share with you it's beauty
On days your feeling blue.

If I could build a mountain
You could call your very own
A place to find serenity
A place to be alone.

If I could take your troubles
I would toss them to the sea
But all these things I'm finding
Are impossible for me.

I cannot build a mountain
Or catch a rainbow fair
But let me be what I know best
A friend whose always there."





I love the fall! There are so many delicious recipes to make with apples and pumpkins. Today I've made some pumpkin bread. I like pumpkin bread with apple butter. How about you? We could sit and share a bite with a nice hot cup of coffee or tea.


Pumpkin Bread or Muffins from Grandma's Cookbook at http://www.texascooking.com/cookbook.htm


31/3 cups all-purpose flour
11/4 cups brown sugar, packed
21/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
11/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon dried orange peel ( or 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest)
2 cups pureed pumpkin
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup canola oil
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup molasses
1 cup chopped, toasted pecans

In a large bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and orange peel.


In a second bowl, combine pumpkin, butter, oil, eggs, and molasses.

Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add the pumpkin mixture and stir just until mixture is combined and dry ingredients are incorporated. Stir in pecans.

For bread, divide the batter between two greased and floured 9x5-inch loaf pans. Bake at 350 for one hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack. Makes two loaves.


Happy Tea and friendship Tuesday's everyone!
I hope all of you have a beautiful and blessed day ♥
With warmest regards, Carol
"Charli I already gave you a bite!"


12 comments:

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Love the fall and the pumpkin cake!!! Pretty button as well. Hope you're enjoying a great week!

Shelley said...

Whether its pumpkin bread or pumpkin pie - I love it! I enjoy the fall too! Hope Charli is doing well and is all ready for halloween! :-)

Eileen said...

I love the Fall too! Thanks for posting the recipe, I love anything pumpkin too!

You are a good friend, Carol!
Love,
Eileen

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning Carol! What a great poem and a lovely recipe! I sure wish we could chat over a bite and a cup....and Charli would be at our side!!! Have a marvelous fall day! Anita

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, there Carol... have been missing you! Loved seeing this and such a deliciuos recipe!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Shelia said...

Hi Carol! I love fall too and that pumpkin cake looks wonderful! Lovely tea tray! Kiss little Charli.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Madeline's Album said...

Good morning Carol. Hope you have a blessed Tea and Friendship Tuesday. Thank you for your visit and sweet comment to my post. I bake pumpkin bread for all my children at Christmas time but my recipe is different than yours. And pumpkin pie yummy. Love the poem your friend sent you. Give Charli and hug from me. I see you found some falling objects to put on your blog.

Queenmothermamaw said...

Thanks for your visit. I did take that button, I like that. I am planning a party at Churchill Downs on Millionaire's Row for the Kentucky Derby in May. Keep that date open. The first Saturday in May. I hope you like big Derby hats. I would love to have you. Will put it up early. Derby goes on here for over a month before and a month after.
QMM

Queenmothermamaw said...

I thought I had signed up for the Black Dress show, but can't find where I did. I can't get on a particular site. Add my name. Also I will have to learn to do the Mr. Linky thing for the derby, I guess.
QMM

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hello precious one! Thank you for coming and commenting on my ballet post; it is my art from long ago, and how I am grateful for having had the chance to dance. Thank you, thank you as well for your dear friendship and wonderful blog. You are an inspiration as well! Your kindnesses reach the distance! Give Charli a squeeze, Anita

Just a little something from Judy said...

First of all, the friendship button is beautifully done and you are a perfect person to receive it. Secondly, I think your breakfast tray looks like a magazine photo. And, anything made with pumpkin, I like.

I smile when I think what an honor it would be, to sit and have coffee and your homemade pumpkin bread, with you and Charli.

Micki said...

You deserved that award and thanks so much for a lovely recipe!
Micki

Related Posts with Thumbnails