Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tea and friendship Tuesday's.........


Welcome to Tea and friendship Tuesday's hosted by Charli and Me. This is a fun post that can be filled with pretty tablescapes, teapots, teacups, recipes, poems, personal stories, quotes, and interesting facts related to tea, friendship, or both. It is a place to share anything you would like with a friend! If you would like to join me, just pick up a button, write your post, and then leave a comment here so my friends and I can pop over for a visit. Otherwise, thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you have a beautiful and blessed day ♥

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words." -Donna Roberts-

Recently my hubby, Charli, and I were invited to lunch at my beloved brother and sister-in-laws in Ann Arbor. They also invited my dear cousin's, Pam and Bob. We had such a wonderful afternoon! To me there is nothing quite as grand as being able to spend time with family and friends. My brother and sister-in-law went all out as usually to make sure all of us had a fabulous time. The conversation was lively, as we had discussions about art, politics, health care, and religion. I have always loved these stimulating types of conversations.

The food was excellent as usual! We had the most delicious Greek salad with feta cheese, tomatoes, olives, and a olive oil and lemon dressing. It also included hard crusted bread with oil and herbs for dipping. While we ate we sipped a delicious robust and fruity red wine. For the main course we had Mukasa which my sister-in-law makes just for me because she knows how much I love it. Of course I had second helpings. It was so yummy! Then we had a apple crisp pie with ice cream. Going to my brother and sister-in-laws has always been the ultimate dinning experience for me. Thank you so much Paul and Rox!

I thought you might enjoy a peak at they're beautiful tablescape. Isn't it lovely? ♥ We had so much fun!

While we were there my cousin Pam gave me the most beautiful gift! I have mentioned here before that she spins her own threads and has taught classes in the art of spinning in the past. Pam sent to Belgium for flax and spun it into the most lovely linen thread. Then she crocheted a gorgeous Doilie especially for my tea tray!



Just look at the intricate work and detail. Isn't it beautiful! I will treasure it forever. Thank you so much Pam!


Doesn't it look lovely on my tea tray?







I just love the lacy look and lovely design. It's so pretty! I can't believe it's mine ♥

What a beautiful lunch with people I love and such an exquisite gift..... Am I spoiled or what?.....











I have one last thing to share with all of you. My dear friend Marcy, at http://blessingseachday.blogspot.com/ has tagged me with a meme. If you haven't stopped by Marcy's I hope you will take the time to do so. She writes the most inspiring posts. She is very creative and funny. You will find yourself giggling a lot as you read her fabulous posts. Marcy is very warm and friendly and I feel incredibly blessed to have found her in this vast blog land of ours.
Here goes......
1. Six names you go by:
Carol
Cokie
Coke
Mom
Grandma
Sis
(And sometimes Lucy)

2. Three things you are wearing right now:
A white sweater
Flowered pajama bottoms
Socks (And one gray Schnauzer who seems to be glued to my lap.)

3. Three things you want badly at the moment (Aside from world peace and to have your children go to church):
First and foremost, I pray that all families can reunite and suffering will end in our world.
On a lighter note, I sure would love some cookies to go with my coffee.
It would really be great if I could snap my fingers and all of my chores would be done so I could spend the day blogging, playing with Charli, and visiting with my friends.

4. Three things you did last night/yesterday:
I went out to dinner with my hubby
I went out with some friends during the day.
I wrapped a shower gift for my niece who is having a baby shower this Sunday.

5. Two things you ate today:
I haven't ate anything yet because it's to early in the morning. If I had those cookies I want badly I would eat quite a few of those but I probably will settle for a bagel.

6. Two people you last talked to on the phone:
My brother Paul
My daughter Anne

7. Two things you are going to do today/tomorrow:
I'm taking Charli to the groomers which means I get my chores done in peace. ( No little hooligan chasing the mop, vacuum cleaner, or dust cloth but I will miss her desperately as always. )
Tomorrow I will be going to my humanities group where we will have a speaker and power point presentation on Islam.

8. Your three favorite beverages:
Coffee
Tea
Water with lemon ( I'm forcing myself to make this my favorite drink because I usually don't like water)

I am now supposed to pass this meme on to five other blogger's but in the spirit of friendship I am offering it to all of you. I hope you will consider doing it. Please pick up a button. It's fun! I would love to hear from all of you ♥

Happy Tea and friendship Tuesday everyone!......
Many blessings to all of you on this beautiful fall morning ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

12 comments:

Eileen said...

So nice to learn more about you, Carol!

And I love the gift your sister-in-law made for you! Lucky, lucky girl!! It's so beautiful!
I love doilies and I search high and low for them all the time!
And how much more special is yours that it was made with love especially for you!
Enjoy!
Love to you,
Eileen

Michael said...

Sounds like you had a great trip to your brother's! Thanks for sharing!

Deb said...

Nice tea party!!!when I'm vacuuming or mowing Nolan always throws his ball at me...so I have to play ball while doing my chores...it's my fault though...I did it when he was a puppy so he wouldn't be afraid....oh well

Just a little something from Judy said...

I enjoy learning more things about you. I do like how you treasure time with family and friends.

The doilies are so pretty and so perfectly done. What a fortunate lady you are.

Tea and friendship seem to be specialties of yours. I look forward to Tuesdays and my blog visits with you.

JG said...

Your Doilie is just gorgeous! What a special gift!

Blessings each day said...

What a gorgeous gift and made more special because she even made the thread...how talented!

Loved your meal and the sharing that you had...does Charli like visiting?

You have some interesting names you go by Carol...makes me wonder who called/calls you by them and how you got them.

I can just picture cute little Charli 'helping' you with your chores. Does she like the groomer?

Okay, I promise to TRY to stop asking so many questions!

blessings and warm hugs,

marcy

p.s. Loved seeing all your answers.

Mary said...

What a wonderful occasion to share with your family! The tablescape is gorgeous...the table is so lovely, and the creamy white plates and bowls make a beautiful contrast to the dark wood. And the doilie...oh, my gosh, that is just amazing! You must be very special to your cousin to have received such a special gift! Love the meme...so nice to learn more about our blogging friends!

God bless,
Mary

Elise said...

Beautiful lace !

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Carol, what a sweeet tea tray cover! It is so lovely. That was truly a gesture of love in that she made it just for you. :-)

And I adore your cousin's lovely dining room. I want those chairs! They are stunning.

Love today and always...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Carol, your doile is absolutely stunning ! I wish I could crochet like that.

Rosezilla said...

It's super when we have fun times with family. Our newly married son and brand new daughter in law are flying in tomorrow for a visit and I am looking forward to it so much! I love the beautiful doily, she did beautiful work. Wish I could send you some of the applesauce spice muffins I just made!

Duchess of Tea said...

Hello darling, I have missed you so much!!! I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind wishes for my dad's speedy recovery. I am one lucky girl to have you as a friend; you truly are the gem in my teacup. I am now off to stroll around your blog to see what I have missed.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

Related Posts with Thumbnails