Friday, October 30, 2009

These boots are made for walking.......


Welcome to 'These boots are made for walking' It's a blog party hosted by my dear friend Deb, at http://ladybugfromtexas.blogspot.com/

"Show us your favorite fall boots....working....dress...rain...snow..doesn't matter. Then tell us a little bit about them....The one thing I do like about fall and winter....is boots. Lets go boots!"

Now doesn't that sound like fun! There is still time to participate so pick up a button, grab your boots, and come join us! Just click on the link above and "Show us your boots!"



When I was a little girl I once got a pair of cow girl boots Christmas. I not only got the boots, but I got the whole outfit! I'm not kidding... All I needed was the horse and I would have been able to ride off into the sunset! I loved those boots ♥ I wore them all the time until they eventually wore out. I thought they were just the coolest things. I especially liked the heel, and that clump, clump, clump sound they made when I walked. I felt so tall and so suave in those boots. I've always wanted another pair......









I've never owned a pair of red boots, in fact, for years I never owned anything red. It was never my favorite color. I always went for the more muted tones. However, the oddest thing has happened since I've gotten older. I have noticed that I am using more red to decorate my home and I am also adding more red to my wardrobe. I even bought my very first tube of red lipstick recently and a bottle of red nail polish to match. I'm thinking that maybe I should get a pair of red boots too. What do you think girls? Do you think it's fashionable for grannies like me to wear red boots?




Aren't these black boots something? I really like the style of these. I think they look very sophisticated. I could definitely see myself wearing a pair...












In my 20's, and 30's, I owned a pair of boots similar to these and I just loved them. My boots were brown and I wore them with the gaucho pants that were popular at the time and also with long skirts. However, being a nurse who wore uniforms on a regular basis, and working every other weekend for most of my career, didn't leave me much of an opportunity to wear them. When my grandchildren came into the picture, and we went on outings, it was just easier to wear a more practical shoe. Eventually I packed up my boots, as well as, most of my high heeled shoes and donated them to charity. I wish I had those boots today because I would definitely think about wearing them again...


Some of you may want to know if Charli wears boots. Well, our little Diva will not go out in the snow. Oh no, it's a real problem for all of us! She will not leave the garage unless the entire drive way is shoveled and she will not do her business unless a patch of grass has been shoveled as well. This little pooch will hold her bladder for twelve hours if she has to. Everything has to be just so-so in her little world. When we do get her to go out she runs back to the door as fast as her little legs will carry her. She is definitely not a winter time pooch at all so no need for boots here......






These are my very stylish (just kidding) and old "ducky" boots. Aren't they pathetic? I have had them for over twenty years and only wear them when absolutely necessary. I'm usually hopping from house, to car, and back so I haven't had any real need to wear them much. I guess I'm not much of a winter out door girl either. I think I'll just spiff them up for another year, or maybe, with all of this talk about boots I should think about getting myself a new pair......



I do have a little secret to share with you though.... Shh...... Please don't tell anyone......



These are the boots I wear the most these days. If I have to go out to do a quick shovel I just slip on my hubby's boots. I think they are perfect for the job, although, they are a little difficult to walk in. I like them because they are warm, very easy to get on, and come up higher on my leg than my own boots do. I'm sure my neighbors think I'm a hoot, but what the heck, I'm a senior now. Aren't I allowed to be a little eccentric? :>)




Well, that's it for my boots. I can't wait to see yours!
I hope all of you have a lovely day ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

19 comments:

Brenda Eason said...

I love some boots. Most of the time in our area it is to warm for boots.
I have to tell you a story =) When i met my husband he lived in the edge of Arkansans line and me in Louisiana. He was a hunter,but not just any kind. No he was a hog hunter and had a great dog for tracking.
I thought I was tough and just had to go,but looking Pretty for that date was more important!
I went and bought some new BOOTS. Hiking boots would look good with my cutoff jean shorts and flannel shorts! Oh yea I was hot lol Daisey Duke look a like. Little did I know as we ran through the woods chasing those darns hogs my boots would rub the largest blister I had ever had.
After 26 years of marriage it is still a joke for many to talk about lol. I sure wasn't the great hunter,but I must say I sure looked good! lol

Deb said...

great boots...great presentation...thanks for joining the party....let's go boots....

texasdaisey said...

I had boots like that in the 70's too. I do think as seniors we are allowed to be a bit eccentric.
Debbie

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh I missed another fun and cool blog event!!!! DRATS! Dearest Carol, come on by and pick up an award I have given you and Charli. Love you both, Anita

Dawn said...

Great post. I loved hearing about all the boots you've had but the best was borrowing hubby's!

I noticed your cute dog in the pink princess costum on one of your posts. Leigh at Tales from Blogerittaville is hosting a costume party and letting bloggers vote for the winners. She has a pet categroy and is giving away prizes. I think you should enter. Her link is on my right sidebar.

Hugs,
Dawn

Celestina Marie said...

Oh I have so enjoyed your boot party and seeing the great pics. I love your red ones too. Enjoyed the stories to go along.
Your blog is just wonderful.
Have a great Friday and weekend.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Eileen said...

I love boots too, especially fashionable ones and ones with high heels!
But the ones I wear most are my old trusty Desert Boots (remember them? the tan suede short boots that lace up)? And my Land's End Duck Shoes, and another pair of ugly waterproof boots! And my hiking boots which are not exactly pretty nor fashionable!

I think you should get a pair of red boots! I've just been debating myself about buying a red suede blazer with a pair of red suede boots to match!
And I'm on a quest for a pair of black boots (flat) with lots and lots of buckles that wrap all around the ankle! (I found one perfect pair but I refuse to pay $300!)
Isn't it funny the things we get into our heads?!

I wear red lipstick a lot especially around the holidays! I even use purple and rust at this time of year!
They say you shouldn't do that as you age and I say Pshaw! I'm old and I'm doing as I please!

Great post, Carol!
It made me smile!
Love to you!,
Eileen

Micki said...

I love the pairs of boots, and your dog is just too stylish!
Micki

xinex said...

Go for it and get your red boots! Enjoyed your post and so funny that you wear your hubby's boots for shoveling. Glad I don't have to worry about shoveling here...Christine

Dixie said...

I love those ducky boots... I bought my olderst daughter a pair when she spent a year "up north" in the Dakotas... she thought I was nuts when I gave them to her but realized pretty quickly why her wise old mom sent them along with her.

Great post and great boots! Happy weekend!

Tanna (The Brick Street Bungalow) said...

Okay, I really like the "ducky" boots! I'm thinking it has to do with being comfortable and all the years I spent in scrubs and nursing shoes, too! Both if you can, but comfort before beauty.. LOL!

Your dog is so cute!

Eileen said...

I just brought Jayden over to look at the pictures of Charli again, he really get a kick out of her all dressed up! And he laughed and laughed when I pointed out her boots!

We are babysitting for my sister's dog this weekend (Speedy, a twelve-year-old Chihuahua), Jayden loves him, but Speedy doesn't want to have very much to do with Jayden!

Have a great weekend!
Love,
Eileen

Duchess of Tea said...

Darling what a fun post. I love the red cowgirl boots myself. Just popped over to wish you a sweet halloween.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

bj said...

I just almost missed the party. Had computer problems all week long and stayed flustered all week. Then, today, someone (was it your?) came by and mentioned the boot party. OMGosh..I ran took a few photos and got them on here.
First time I've ever forgotten a PARTY!! :)
xo bj

Courtney Mroch said...

This was SUCH a cute idea! How fun. Looks like you had fun showing off your boots too!!!

SmilingSally said...

Back in the 70s I had a pair of white boots and a pair of black boots. I loved wearing them. But that was then ...

Madeline's Album said...

Love all your boots. I especially love Charli's little blue shoes.

Sue said...

That's interesting. I never wore red or liked having it around until I was in my forties and suddenly I found myself buying red clothes and shoes and things for the house. Now I enjoy having it around me. I wonder what changed.

Sue said...

PS

I wore tall white high heeled boots with a white suit when we got married. I loved those boots.

Related Posts with Thumbnails