Sunday, November 29, 2009

Blue Monday.......





Welcome to Blue Monday, hosted by our friend Sally, at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/ This is a weekly post where some of us blogger's get together to share something blue. Thank you Sally for hosting this fun post! If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Blue Monday web site........

This week I thought you might like to see my
gingerbread house. I wish I was talented like some of you and could make a real gingerbread house but unfortunately I'm not. I was very happy when I found this one. The blue for Blue Monday comes from the little gum drops on the roof. I purchased the house a year or so ago from Hallmarks. It is musical and plays one of my very favorite songs. When it plays music the little gum drops light up and sort of flash. I have attached a video at the end of this post so you will be able to see. Charli likes it as much as I do. I will scoop her up, push the button on the ginger bread house, and dance her around the room. Don't you just love all of the whimsy associated with Christmas?



video

I hope all of you had a wonderful and truly blessed Thanksgiving ♥
Happy Blue Monday everyone!
With warmest regards, Carol

18 comments:

Just a little something from Judy said...

My grandchildren would love this gingerbread house, and they would not consume the sugar when making it, as they do the other kind. I think it is adorable.

Happy Blue Monday to you my friend.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I do believe that this is one of the cutest gingerbread houses I've ever seen! Leave it to Halmark! Love them! I always worry about leaving food items out like gingerbread (this is the South, and we have B-U-G-S), so I'm with you on the ceramic one. I have a pink sugar plum cottage that was my mothers. I think I might have even given it to her, but maybe not! Can't remember. LOL!


Happy Blue Monday, Carol!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Knitty said...

How cute!

How is Charli feeling?

Happy Blue Monday!

Neabear said...

That is so cute! That reminds me of gingerbread looking stuff I bought last year at Hallmark. You are inspiring me to start getting my stuff out for Christmas.

Thanks for your visit. I have been behind in visiting everyone. So glad you visited me today. Have a great week.

~Linnea

SmilingSally said...

Carol, that''s just charming! I love the Nutcracker Suite. I'd love one just like it. Happy Blue Monday.

A Stitch In Thyme said...

I love gingerbread houses!! Does this light up inside? If not, i'd be cutting a hole in the bottom and feeding it a fairy light to light her at night. Very pretty!! Hugs. Tammy

JG said...

What a cute Gingerbread House!!! Your posts yesterday and today are really nice and full of the Christmas spirit.

Enjoy!

Cindy said...

Very nice. My daughter would love it.
cindy

bj said...

Just an adorable little house. I've never made one but the grands have, with the help of their mothers....:)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh how I love gumdrops Carol! As a child I would eat these til I dropped!!! What fun and nostalgia here. How is my dear little Charli? Blessings to you as we approach the most marvelous night of our lives! Anita

♥ Kathy said...

I absolutely adore gingerbread houses!!!!! Happy Blue Monday Carol ♥

Jensmere said...

Hi Carol...so nice to meet you! This is my first time to visit you and I thoroughly enjoyed reading through your posts and looking at you pictures!

Charli is so cute!!! Glad that he is doing better!

Bless you,
Susan

Eileen said...

I love your gingerbread house! And how sweet that it's musical too. It's adorable.

Last year Ray got one of those kits for the grandkids to do, well, they had tons of fun, but my kitchen was a mess! AND we couldn't let anyone eat it, not will all the sneezing and coughing that was going on when putting it together. It did come out cute looking though.
I see he bought another one for this year. Uh-oh, here we go again!

Cute post, Carol. Thanks for sharing!
Love to you,
Eileen

Mary said...

What a wonderful gingerbread houese. Your photos of it are terrific. I hope you had a wonderful holiday and are enjoying Blue Monday.

Walking on Sunshine... said...

I love it!!! Very nice! Hope your Thanksgiving was a nice one!

Joyce said...

Like your Hallmark ginger bread house. When I make a homemade one they look like they are ready for a demolition team to come and take it down:) I do enjoy eating the candy on the roof:) I should check out a Hallmark store and see if they are selling them again this year and call it quits on trying to make one myself.
Joyce

daylily777 said...

I love the Gingerbread House!Great post .
Blessings,
~Myrna

Nanna said...

great job on the gingerbread house, I've never put one together but have bought kits for my grandaughters before
Helen

Related Posts with Thumbnails