Friday, November 6, 2009

Making Crafts With Ryan.....


Making Crafts with Ryan......

I have never been a very talented or fancy craft er like some of you are blessed to be but I have always enjoyed making folk art type holiday and seasonal crafts with my children and grandchildren. Last summer Ryan and I decided to paint a bird house and we had so much fun that we decided to make them for all of the holidays this year. These are the bird houses we made for Thanksgiving. They are relatively inexpensive to make. All you need is a bird house, some water soluble paint, a package of art foam, and a few trinkets associated with the holiday or season. We don't even glue the trinkets on because Ryan has fun playing with them and moving them around. I think these little bird houses make rather festive holiday decorations don't you? We purchased all of our supplies at Michael's. The best part about these bird houses is that Ryan and I made them together ♥ There were lots of smiles, giggles, and hugs going on in my kitchen that day.














If your looking for a craft to do with your children or grandchildren this really was a lot of fun to do. Now wouldn't these little birdhouses look cute sitting on a Thanksgiving table?
I hope all of you are having a lovely fall weekend ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

12 comments:

the voice of melody said...

These are so cute! Warm and cozy with just the right country look. ;)

Eileen said...

This is great, Carol!
Thanks for sharing!

I'm going to try to get to the craft store this week. It's always nice to have a project to do with the little ones when we are stuck in the house.
I still have your birdhouse post earmarked, but this is a great idea for the Fall season, or maybe we'll concentrate on making Santa's workshop!
Thanks so much, Carol!
Love,
Eileen

soggibottom said...

We are in to bird boxes and houses in a big way down here at Soggibottom Cottage....
Our boxes are beautifully made but not as beautifully decorated as these....
x x x

Madeline's Album said...

You all did a great job on the birdhouses. They will look cute on any Thanksgiving table. Have a great evening. Madeline

Walking on Sunshine... said...

I just love these! What a great job you did! Enjoy your weekend!

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Oh these are precious. They truly are. So welcoming for the season. Well done!! Hugs. Tammy

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning dear Carol! Thank you for coming chez moi and sitting around the fire with us! I can see Charli enjoyed herself, getting nice and toasty! I tutor children after school in their homes for all subjects, and last year, I had the sweetest little girl; her dog was none other than "George", a wire haired fox terrier who inspired my "Balzac" character...he used to love to sit with us during "storytime" or our reading session. He would sit in between us, seek attention and make us laugh so. He had a little heart attack and passed. Storytime is for anyone who loves friends and fellowship!!! Have a beautiful Sunday! Anita

kanishk said...

This is great, Carol!
Thanks for sharing!

Work from home India

JG said...

Those are really nice birdhouses that Ryan and you made!!! You both must have so much fun working on projects together. Michael's is filled with supplies for never ending projects.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Carol, What darling bird houses you and Ryan made together. How fun to have that time and make memories while creating such an adorable treasure.
Just love the idea of one for each season.

Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment.
See you again soon.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Rose said...

Love those birdhouses! Nice job. They are so festive looking! Might suggest similar activity for my daughter and grandkids!

Anne said...

Mom forgive me for not visiting your blog in quite awhile. I have to admit, I haven't been a very good blogger lately. But OMG!!!!! Your blog looks so beautiful! So festive for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday. What a treat it is to visit your blog. It sure is time well spent here at your blog. Ryan and I just got finished reading your post here about the birdhouses. He sure had a wonderful time with you and Dad. We packed up his Halloween birdhouse for next year. He set his Thanksgiving birdhouse up on his dresser.
Sorry I missed your call the other day. I left a message on your home phone on Sunday afternoon. I'm sure you and Dad were out and about, enjoying this beautiful fall weather we have been having. I hope you had a splendid Sunday. Sorry comment is so long. We'll talk soon! Love, Anne.

Related Posts with Thumbnails