Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Month of November and Thanksgiving......


The Month of November and Thanksgiving........

The month of November has always been a very special time for me and my family. It's a time to reflect on all of the things we are so grateful and thankful for. It's a time to look back on all of our blessings......

November is also a very busy time with lot's and lot's of fun things to do. I've finished some of my baking and I have most of my Christmas shopping done. Tomorrow I will be making crafts with our precious grandson Ryan. The only one who seems to be disgruntled is Charli who hasn't been getting her usual amount of attention. The Halloween decorations are down and the Thanksgiving decorations are up. I thought you might like to see some of the decorations I've collected through the years......




















































"Give me the end of the year an' its fun
When most of the plannin' an' toilin' is done;
Bring all the wanderers home to the nest,
Let me sit down with the ones I love best,
Hear the old voices still ringin' with song,
See the old faces unblemished by wrong,
See the old table with all of its chairs
An' I'll put soul in my Thanksgiving Prayers."
-Edgar A. Guest, Thanksgiving-

The following are some of the pictures of the 'Tombstone' tea that my sister and I recently attended at the historical village here in our area. Doesn't everything look festive? We really had a wonderful time.......














Happy November everyone!
I hope all of you had a
wonderful Halloween ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

10 comments:

Rose said...

Absolutely love your decorations! Especially the one turkey, left hand column, looks like he's sitting on a table or bureau. The tea sounds nice too. One of my friends keeps talking about going to lunch in a tea room. I'm sure looking forward to that... and hoping I can remember to take my camera!!

Walking on Sunshine... said...

I love your decorations!!! Especially the pilgrims. Are some of them Buyers Choice? Love them!! I'm so jealous that you have shopping done and baking done!!! Enjoy your day!

Knitty said...

What a nice collection you have! I haven't photographed mine yet, but will do next week. You've planted the idea now. :-)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hello precious Carol! This is truly a wonderful time of the year to remember our blessings and they are many! Maybe Charli will feel happier when she gets a bit of Thanksgiving turkey! I am sure that you will have a great feast ready for her and the family! So good to see you back so soon. I was just thinking of you as I was coming to my computer. Have a blessed weekend, Carol!

Bisous, Anita

Eileen said...

Beautiful!
I love how you dress your home! You really pay attention to detail, it's all so lovely, really.

And, good for you being so organized and getting ready early for the upcoming holidays!

I love November too and I have always loved the idea of Thanksgiving, just a wonderful family time with our Blessings upper most in our minds, gathering together, mindful of the Goodness of God in our lives. It's just all so special.

I'm scaling back so much this year, and I'm glad everyone in the family has agreed. It's so much nicer to concentrate on the real meaning of Christmas rather than that rabid Christmas rush!
We're just doing a Kris Kringle type of gift-giving. And this year my sister-in-law is having Thanksgiving and I'm having Christmas. And I'm really looking forward to it all!

Love to you!,
Eileen

Eileen said...

I forgot to mention how much I love your Fall look on your blog! Beautiful!

Deb said...

love your decorations for Thanksgiving...looking forward to it....

Madeline's Album said...

Love all of your Thanksgiving decorations. How smart you are to have all your Christmas shopping done and your baking. Have fun making crafts with Ryan. Madeline

Just a little something from Judy said...

You have such lovely Fall decorations. Thank you for sharing them. You make each holiday special.

kanishk said...

love your decorations!!! Especially the pilgrims. Are some of them Buyers Choice?
Work from home India

Related Posts with Thumbnails