Monday, November 9, 2009

Tea and friendship Tuesday's....


Welcome to Tea and friendship Tuesday's hosted by Charli and Me. This is a fun post that can be filled with pretty tablescapes, teapots, teacups, recipes, poems, personal stories, quotes, and interesting facts related to tea, friendship, or both. It is a place to share anything you would like with a friend! If you would like to join me, just pick up a button, write your post, and then leave a comment here so my dear friends and I can pop over for a visit. Otherwise, thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you have a beautiful and blessed day ♥


"Friendship that flows from the heart cannot be frozen by adversity as the water that flows from the spring cannot congeal in the winter"
-James Fenimere Cooper-


Recently I received two lovely awards from two of my dear friends here in blog land that I would like to share with all of you. Both awards come with a meme.......

The first award was given to me by my dear sweet friend Marcy at http://blessingseachday.blogspot.com/ Isn't it adorable ♥ Thank you so much Marcy!
Well here we go........


IF YOU COULD COME BACK AS AN ANIMAL,WHICH WOULD IT BE?
This question was very easy for me. I would come back as a dog, and more specifically a little schnauzer named Charli. Although she doesn't think so some times, this little diva has it made.


WHAT DO YOU VALUE MOST IN A PERSON
I value people with integrity, who are genuine, caring, and compassionate.

THE COLORS YOU WEAR MOST
Blue and black, although for some reason I have been wearing more red lately.

THREE WORDS THAT DEFINE YOU
I asked my hubby this one and he said compassionate, genuine, and caring.

A PLACE THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO TRAVEL TO
I would like to travel to many different places like Italy, France, Germany, England, and Ireland but I wouldn't want to leave home to do it.

YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE FROM A BOOK OR A MOVIE
My favorite quote is not from a book, or a movie, but it is one that I say all of the time so I will post it instead.
"Life is what happens when your busy making plans."
-John Lennon-

SOMETHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO
I would like to write a book, open a day care center for the elderly, or open some sort of a lounge where people could meet in the morning to have coffee or tea, and discuss literature, politics, and an array of other interesting subjects. That way there wouldn't be so many lonely people in the world.

YOUR MAIN STRENGTH
I'm consistent in my ethics and values. I stand up for what I believe in and will not bend to be part of a crowd.

The next award comes from my dear and kind friend Anita at http://wwwcastlescrownscottages.blogspot.com/ Thank you so much Anita! Isn't this a lovely award ♥
In this meme we are supposed to name seven things that people may not know about us.
So here goes......
SEVEN THINGS ABOUT ME THAT YOU MAY KNOW
1. God is the center of my world.
2. My experiences as a nurse have taught me humility.
3. I treasure my friends and family with all of my heart.
4. I honestly don't know what color my hair is anymore. I just know it
couldn't possibly be gray.
5. I don't have a favorite holiday. I love and celebrate them all.
6. No matter how old I get I will probably never grow up.
7. I sing all of the time even though I can't. It drives my family crazy!
There you have it. Now it's your turn. Please except these precious awards from me. After you finish doing your memes remember to leave a comment here. I would love to get to know you better ♥

Sometimes in the fall my hubby and I like to set up a table by the fireplace, or in the living room surrounded by some of our books, to have lunch or dinner.
Here is an example of one of my tablescapes. Aren't those little roosters adorable? Anne gave them to me ♥ I just love them! There is one of the houses Ryan and I made together. I think it makes a rather whimsical and fun centerpiece. In the next picture I changed the center piece to one of my many turkey's. This one holds a tea light candle and looks very pretty all lit up in the evening. Now all I have to do is get a couple of glasses and we are all set. Maybe you would like to join us too.


I hope all of you are truly enjoying this beautiful and magical time of the year ♥
Thank you so much for your friendship and the lovely comments you leave on my posts!
Happy Tea and friendship Tuesday's ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

12 comments:

Eileen said...

I LOVE THIS POST, CAROL!!
I love that you asked your husband to give the three words to describe you and I love the words he chose for you!

I agree with your travel answer and those are my sentiments EXACTLY! I would like to see a lot of places but I don't want to leave home to do it!

And you are not going to believe this, but my friend Barbara and I ALWAYS talk about how nice it would be to open a Daycare for the elderly, or just a sort of 'coffee house' for the elderly, set up like a comfortable living room, so they can come and sit and chat! And we want to name it "The Twilight Zone" for those in the twilight of their lives!

Great post, Carol! Thanks for sharing!
Love to you,
Eileen

Deb said...

lovely post...love the little hens...

Rosezilla said...

I love the idea of traveling without leaving home. I guess they make travel documentaries and books for folks like us. And I want very much to come to your coffee shop. I don't even drink coffee! But the conversation sounds perfect.

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Great post. I love the table settings. Very pretty. And I love that you don't have a favorite holiday!! Very nice to be excited about them all! Enjoy your day!

Just a little something from Judy said...

I would love to join you at your table with the lovely tablescape. I would love to sit and discuss anything and everything. Learning new facts about you is so interesting. I like your honesty and your openness. I like that you don't really know what color your hair is ,and that God is the center of your world. I do believe you would have been a wonderful nurse. Thank you for sharing and congratulations on two deserving awards.

Mary said...

I just loved this post, Carol! I feel that I know you, and can relate to many things you've said...I also want to see the world, but don't want to leave home...there's just no place like home. You are a very complete person, Carol, whole and strong in the Lord...I think that's why we all admire you so...and that you love your little dog, Chalie. What a kind and caring person you are!

God bless,
Mary

Madeline's Album said...

Carol, what a great post. Congratulation on your 2 awards. I love the table settings. Hope you have had a blessed tea and friendship Tuesday. Thank you for your visit and comment on my blog. Madeline

Queenmothermamaw said...

Congratulations on your awards. I enjoyed reading your memes. I don't think I knew you were a nurse. I am a retired nurse. I miss it so much. I would come to your coffee shop. I do love coffee and I do love books. I love the Netflix movies because I can in and find any book I loved that was made into a movie. blessings
QMM

koralee said...

Congratulations on your awards...and thank you for the well wishes you left on my blog the other day.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Carol, I enjoyed reading this and your answers SO much. I think you deserve all of those awards and more!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh my dear one; how fun to learn more about you! I chuckled as you said that you don't know what color your hair is anymore!!!!! And, that you never grow up. That's my girl. Have fun and give Charli a squeeze....Anita

Sandy said...

You are awesome, my friend! Loved your post (and the beautiful autumn colors of your blog)!

Related Posts with Thumbnails