Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tea and friendship Tuesday's.....


Welcome to Tea and friendship Tuesday's hosted by Charli and Me. This is a fun post that can be filled with pretty tablescapes, teapots, teacups, recipes, poems, personal stories, and interesting facts related to tea, friendship, or both. It is a place to share any thing you would like with a friend! If you would like to join me, just pick up a button, write your post, and then leave a comment here so my dear friends and I can pop over for a visit. Otherwise, thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you have a beautiful and blessed day ♥


Good morning everyone! Today I thought I would share another Thanksgiving Day tradition with you. It is my dear Aunt Rosie's date and nut bread. It would be perfect on any tea table. It's so delicious!....


AUNT ROSIE'S DATE AND NUT BREAD
(A Thanksgiving day Tradition with whipped cinnamon butter)



In a bowl combine:
one cup boiling water
one tbsp butter
1/4 tesp nutmeg
1/2 tesp salt
one tesp baking soda
one cup chopped nuts
one cup chopped pitted dates

In another bowl combine:
one cup sugar
one egg
one tesp vanilla

In another bowl:
two cups flour


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a regular sized bread pan.
Alternate adding dates and nut mixture,
and flour mixture, to sugar mixture.
Bake until golden brown and a tooth
pick comes out clean when inserted
into bread. Makes one loaf.


WHIPPED CINNAMON BUTTER
one stick of softenened butter
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 tesp cinnamon
Whip all ingredients together in an electric mixer.
Let set in refrigerator for approxamately twenty minutes


For me It just wouldn't be Thanksgiving without Aunt Rosie's date and nut bread.
As I bake this bread and the wonderful
smells fill my kitchen I think of my dear sweet
Aunt Rose and all of the very best of
times I had at her house. Aunt Rose and
Uncle Al had eight wonderful, caring,
and respectful son's but no daughters.
You can just imagine how welcome,
special, loved, and cherished I felt in
they're home. My Aunt Rose always
used to say she thought of me as the
daughter she never had :>)
When I was dating my husband it was my Aunt Rose who called him up one Sunday afternoon to ask him if he could take her to a department store in the area.
She didn't really need someone to take her to the store but she did want a private time
with my hubby to ask him what his intentions were :>) My aunt was a person
with old fashioned values and I think that's what I loved most about her ♥
Happy Tea and friendship Tuesday everyone!
I hope you have a wonderful day.
Thank you so much for all the lovely comments you leave on my posts ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

8 comments:

sunshine said...

Mmmmm that looks really good.
When I was a kid, I hated dates and anything that contained them.
Now they appeal to me. *Gasp*! Am I getting old??? Next I'll be having a craving for prunes! :P

((Hugs))
Laura

Eileen said...

Thanks for both recipes! The cinnamon butter sounds perfect with the bread!
I love the way you have it all arranged on the crystal pedestal, it looks very pretty! And a nice touch with the leaves.
Thanks for the idea!
Great job!
Love to you, Eileen

JG said...

Baking Aunt Rosie's Date & Nut Bread is a wonderful tradition that you have kept. It sounds delicious! Quick breads made from your own ingredients are always soooo gooood! Thanks for the recipe.

Mary said...

I almost didn't see this post! Thank you so much for the recipes, Carol! I love cinnamon, especially when it fills the kitchen with the fragrance of mom baking and preparing for Thanksgiving dinner. The butter sounds wonderful...can't wait to try it, and I really love the fact that it is tradition in your family. I think that is so important...children love to know that their family is bonded with tradtions. I'm sure you have others that you'll share for Christmas!

God bless,

Mary

Madeline's Album said...

I almost missed this post. Glad I came back to check. The recipe sounds so good and the way you have it displayed is so great. Hope you had a great Tea and Friendship Tuesday. Madeline

Shelley said...

You presented everything so beautifully! Scout and I are really hungry now!! :-)

SmilingSally said...

You're fortunate to have had such a nice Aunt Rose.

Carol, the Mac is the BEST! I've used Macs for about 20 years. They are USER FRIENDLY and do not break down. They don't catch viruses. If you can get one, you'll be a happy camper!

Janean said...

looks and sounds delicious!

Related Posts with Thumbnails