Sunday, December 13, 2009

Blue Monday.....


Welcome to Blue Monday, hosted by our friend Sally, at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/ This is a weekly post where some of us blogger's get together to share something blue. Thank you Sally for hosting this fun post! If you would like to join our group, or you would like more information about us, just click on the above link to reach the official Blue Monday web site........

Today I am sharing my Nativity with you. I think there are some pretty blues here. I might have even shared this with some of you last year. It is not our original nativity. The one we had for many years was much smaller and all of the figurines were made of ceramic and painted gold. It was very special to me because my hubby and I bought it the very first year we were married way back in nineteen sixty five. I can still remember the snowy night we purchased it. That Nativity survived our three son's, many nieces and nephews, and three grandchildren. Then our lab Mandy took it upon herself to bite off one the wise men's heads. Unfortunately it could not be repaired.
I do love this nativity too but I often find myself thinking of our other one because of all the memories it held. This one is musical and plays 'Silent Night.'









Happy Blue Monday everyone!
I hope you have a wonderful week ♥
With warmest regards, Carol

11 comments:

daylily777 said...

The nativity is beautiful !
Merry christmas !
~Myrna

Eileen said...

I like this Nativity very much, but I do so understand your attachment to your other one too!

I'm sorry but I had to laugh a little when I heard the story (it brought to mind some memories of my own)! Leave it to the dog! We had a yellow lab that was always doing things like that!

Thanks for sharing this!
Happy Blue Monday!
Merry Christmas!
Love to you,
Eileen
PS ~ Thanks so much for your kind email to me. I appreciate it so much!

peggy gatto said...

I love seeing the different nativities!
thank you!

SmilingSally said...

Like you, Carol, the nativity is my very favorite Christmas decoration. I have several, but I have one favorite. I'm glad that Charli doesn't eat these wise men! Happy Blue Monday.

soggibottom said...

How sweet...
I'm wearing pink socks today, but I do have a blue nose as it's so cold over here x x x

Karen said...

Oh it's gorgeous!!

Happy blue Monday!

Madeline's Album said...

The story about your lab biting off the wisemen's head was funny but I know it wasn't funny at the time it happened. This nativity is very pretty. Hope you had a very good Blue Monday. I spent the day baking cookies. Have a great evening. Madeline

The Quintessential Magpie said...

A lovely nativity with a funny story attached... though I can't imagine at the time that it was. Still, it adds "character" to the wiseman. ;-)

XO,

Sheila

~ Kathy ~ said...

I have LOVED seeing all the different Nativities this Blue Monday! Makes me want to start collecting them!! Our Sharpei knocked our tree over one year and broke all the ornaments but one, an Angel, as I was telling the story to a group of friends my son dropped it and the wings broke off....we had no ornaments left... my nephews made us all handmade ornaments that year! LOVED it and still have them!

MARIA said...

The Nativities are really precious and beautiful!

Dear Carol,
I wish you and your family a happy, healthy and lovely Christmas Holiday!
maria

Shelley said...

That is a beautiful Nativity set! And how lovely that it plays music too!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails